More Fights Added To The ExiteXC Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » More Fights Added To The ExiteXC Card
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 4:22:24PM
link

along with the main card fights and preliminary fights

Kimbo Slice (1-0) vs David Abbott (9-13)
Antonio Silva (9-1) vs Ricco Rodriguez (27-7)
Kyle Noke (14-3-1) vs Scott Smith (14-4)
Yves Edwards (32-13-1) vs Edson Berto (13-4-1)
Brett Roges (7-0) vs James Thompson (14-7)
Dave Herman (9-0) vs Mario Renaldi (6-2)
Rafael Feijao (4-1) vs John Doyle (6-2)

these fights are also schedualed

Jon Kirk (10-2) vs Yosmany Cabezas (4-0)
Eric Bradley (2-1) vs Mikey Gomez (6-3)
Mike Berhard (3-0) vs Lorenzo Borgameo (2-0)
cmill21
2/9/08 4:48:29PM
I'm acctually looking forward to this card.
MALICE
2/9/08 4:57:43PM
This card is pretty stacked. I have enjoyed all of EliteXC's cards. They always have exciting events.
jae_1833
2/9/08 5:43:33PM
I gotta say the first 4-5 fights look really good, Noke v Smith will definately be the best imo! Someone getting dropped for sure!!
roger
2/9/08 6:51:19PM
i have been waiting a long time for kimbo to fight i have meet him in real life and he's a giant and hope he kills tank
MALICE
2/9/08 6:54:38PM

Posted by roger

i have been waiting a long time for kimbo to fight i have meet him in real life and he's a giant and hope he kills tank

IF he wants to win all he has to do is take it to the mat, I'm sure he has more ground skills than Tank. But I'm sure that is not the game-plan(to start out with anyway).
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 7:15:51PM
i expect lots of knockouts, does anybody know if this will be on TV or a Live Stream on the internet?
MALICE
2/9/08 7:21:58PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i expect lots of knockouts, does anybody know if this will be on TV or a Live Stream on the internet?

Showtime my friend
Kpro
2/9/08 7:28:17PM
Showtime currently has a $25 rebate on their website of sho.com for those interested. You have to send them 3 cable bills showing Showtime on it and they send it out. The rebate goes through June so if you add it this month you will be able to redeem it before it expires.
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 7:33:41PM
...sucks...what happened to all the MMA on free TV, no more IFL and not any other orgs. on PPV
Bemin
2/9/08 7:34:11PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by roger

IF he wants to win all he has to do is take it to the mat, I'm sure he has more ground skills than Tank. But I'm sure that is not the game-plan(to start out with anyway).

Don't be suprised if Tank actually tries taking Kimbo down. Tank was a collegiate wrestler and from the sounds of it, his game plan may be to take this to the mat and test Kimbo's ground game. Odds are he won't, but I wouldn't be supprised to see Tank shoot in on Kimbo. Tank I'm sure knows how much coverage this fight will be getting (I hear he's making over a 100k on it too) and knows that a win will help him financially in a big way. If he looses I can't see him having much of a career left in the fight game, so hopefully he has been actually doing a fair bit of cardio work for this.

The rest of the card looks great too, great to see that Pro Elite is able pull off a card like this.
MALICE
2/9/08 7:43:34PM
Tank just seems stubborn to me. Like he doesn't think he needs to learn anything new, like Royce, and we know how that ended.

On the other hand, it seems like Kimbo is taking his training very seriously, and trying to learn more skills.

I think if the standup isn't working for Kimbo, I think he can get the takedown, and outwork Tank on the ground.

It doesn't matter where the fight ends up, it is going to be a great fight. Hopefully it stays standing.
cmill21
2/9/08 8:05:38PM
I'm pretty sure it's on the fight network here in canada, they keep advertising it so i'd assume it's on there.
MALICE
2/9/08 8:10:22PM

Posted by cmill21

I'm pretty sure it's on the fight network here in canada, they keep advertising it so i'd assume it's on there.

You and your fight network. I hear you get a lot of good fights on that channel. Must be nice, but you don't need to brag about it all of the time.
cowcatcher
2/9/08 8:14:51PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by cmill21

You and your fight network. I hear you get a lot of good fights on that channel. Must be nice, but you don't need to brag about it all of the time.

if you go to their website you can catch the fight here in the states too if you dont have showtime(at least im pretty sure you can)
emfleek
2/9/08 8:58:43PM
I think I'll possibly be heading out to the bar to watch this one.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/9/08 10:33:23PM
i got the fight network also.2 $ a month.
go canada
Murd3rfac3
2/11/08 1:15:06AM
Hey Tank isn't Ray Mercer. Granted it was a long time ago but I've seen Tank come out the back door when Hugo Duarte was on his back and destroy him. Tank on top is bad news for Kimbo.
whardin19
2/11/08 10:47:08PM
Kimbo over Tank
Noke over Smith
Nuff said! LOL!