2 More Fights Added To DREAM 14 Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 2 More Fights Added To DREAM 14 Card
DCRage
5/10/10 8:20:59AM
FEG today announced 2 more fights for DREAM 14, and it appears the "Gracie Hunter" is back on the prowl. In one of the fights, Kazushi Sakuraba will face a Gracie for the 6th time in his career, this time he'll face Ralek Gracie in a catch weight fight at 88 kg (194 pounds) and a matchup of former WEC fighters was also added in Yoshiro Maeda vs. Kenji Osawa. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto participation was also confirmed, his fight could be announced in the next day or two as part of 2-3 more fights to round out the card.

Article
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 5:02:31PM
You know, it's a good thing the Gracie family pumps out kids like nobody's business because I wasn't aware a fighter could face so many people from one family in their lifetime. Here's to hoping that Sakuraba gets another win over a Gracie.
jae_1833
5/10/10 7:48:08PM
I would bet he does.....just based on experience alone.
mrsmiley
5/10/10 7:50:14PM
I'm always pumped up to see Saku fight. I was so glad he beat Galesic in his last fight and I hope he takes out another Gracie in this fight!
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 7:52:59PM
Seriously, this is a bit off topic but how many damn Gracie's are there? It's like there's a new one every day. I'm not complaining at all because where else would one get their BJJ Black Belt, I'm actually seriously curious. I'll prop the person willing to do the research on this. I also wonder if they have to draw straws to see who fights Saku next. If it's like a family rite of passage.
mrsmiley
5/10/10 8:01:13PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Seriously, this is a bit off topic but how many damn Gracie's are there? It's like there's a new one every day. I'm not complaining at all because where else would one get their BJJ Black Belt, I'm actually seriously curious. I'll prop the person willing to do the research on this. I also wonder if they have to draw straws to see who fights Saku next. If it's like a family rite of passage.

Let's see here i'm pretty sure any name starting with an "R" has a Gracie to account for it:

Rickson,Royler,Robbs,Royce,Renzo,Relson,Rorion,Helio, (NO R!),Ryan,Rocy,Richard,Ron,Ricky,..... Rodney,Rolls,Renry,Ross,Rector,Reese,etc.

I have a few books on the Gracies and they speak of a lot of them but man I bet it's just about impossible to name all of them. Every time a Gracie loses a fight,12 more are born. Or so the legend tells.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 8:12:34PM
Sh*t, that's 19 right there. I'll prop you for even doing that much.