Fights Outside the UFC you want to see?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fights Outside the UFC you want to see?
POLL: Fights Outside the UFC you want to see happen?
Shinya Aoki vs Gilbert Melendez 7% (2)
Fedor vs Overeem 30% (9)
Barnett vs Lashley 0% (0)
Nick Diaz vs Dan Hornbuckle 3% (1)
Gegard vs Hendo 57% (17)
Eddie Alvarez vs KJ Noons 3% (1)
codyq
2/12/10 4:10:06AM
I think this one would be explosive. I like that the UFC is the BIG show and doesn't co-promote, cuz it leaves all these sub-par Organizations to co-promote and make for exciting fights, maybe it should stay this way.

Anyways - Alvarez would get outclassed in the Boxing aspect of it all and Noons Takedown Defense is really top notch but if noons got taken down, how would this look? It would be a great fight IMO.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
sparky
2/12/10 9:40:34AM
I want to see how my boy Overeem does against the living legend!
karn501
2/12/10 11:02:23AM
my vote goes to gegard vs hendo
jae_1833
2/12/10 8:53:49PM
WTH.......I can only pick one....I want to see all of them! Good picks, most of them actually could/should be happening within a year.
tepid55
2/12/10 9:13:37PM
Mousasi vs Hendo would be awesome!
BustedKnuckle
2/16/10 6:50:23PM
Has to be Hendo/Gegard. That figth would be amazing. SF needs to put that shite together.
CwB
2/16/10 8:09:46PM
I want to see Overeem vs anyone in SF...
gartface
2/17/10 12:04:31AM

Posted by sparky

I want to see how my boy Overeem does against the living legend!

Make the fight in the United States under a sanctioned state. Hell even in Japan, without regulation, I think Fedor absolutely kills him in every facet, except maybe bench press.
State_Champ
2/17/10 8:00:19AM
I picked Fedor vs Overeem simply because I want to see Fedor beat him.
codyq
2/17/10 2:10:24PM

I think Fedor absolutely kills him in every facet, except maybe bench press.

Nah he'll probably take him in the bench press as well, guys a freakin machine.
casketcoin
2/18/10 6:41:38PM
Ha alverez is the man.. he looks like one of the UFC toys in that picture. I voted for Diaz Hornbuckle... but Hendo Mousassi would be phenominal
cmill21
2/18/10 6:47:45PM

Posted by codyq

Well it's not fair when Fedor's arms are made of the same **** they made the terminator out of....
EvenFlow
2/18/10 6:54:52PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by codyq

Well it's not fair when Fedor's arms are made of the same **** they made the terminator out of....

I always thought of Fedor as the liquid metal Terminator from 2.
gartface
2/18/10 7:07:21PM
I would like to see the Noons vs. Diaz rematch as well.

Nothing like watching a Diaz get his face turned to hamburger.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/18/10 9:10:56PM

Posted by codyq
Alvarez would get outclassed in the Boxing aspect of it all and Noons Takedown Defense is really top notch but if noons got taken down, how would this look? It would be a great fight IMO.

KJs best win is a far past his prime Yves (dont count doctors stopping nick diaz fight because of a cut , nick would kill him in a rematch or if they let that fight continue , hence the reason why kj ducked him for so long ) . Who else has he beat of note? Alverez would beat kj noons in every aspect of the sport IMO . Nick diaz doesnt have very good takedowns , yet he was able to take down KJ twice , mount him twice , in the first round alone .