Fights

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fights
Mchubb316
6/27/08 3:17:13AM
I was pondering some matchups within the UFC I thought would make good fights. What do you guys think? I know this may be a bit lengthy, but I don't want to put just the fights without my personal thoughts on them. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

HW
Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin
I think both are considered up and comers, and this would seperate them into contenders. I like Brock in this, purley because of his strength.

Antoni Hardonk vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Hardonk hits hard, and Gonzaga has shown signs of being more than capable of holding his own vs a good striker (CroCoP). Depending on which Gonzaga shows up, I take Gonzaga by submission. Not sure if Hardonk's sub defense is great.

LHW
Houston Alexander vs Goran Relijic
I like Relijic in this. His size could keep Houston away from the clinch, and I think Goran would overwhelm him with his kicks.

Matt Hamil vs Thiago Silva
Both are hard to KO, and Hamil is tough to get down. I have a hard time picking this one. I think Hamil is underated and this would be a great fight.

MW
Martin Kampman vs Rich Franklin
This could be a chance to see if Kampman is ready for the likes of Anderson Silva, or if he would be just another HL. Rich has shown he can beat anyone at MW but one guy. I like Rich in this one by TKO.

WW
Karo Parisyan vs Mike Swick
Swick showed he will be a force at WW, after beating Marcus Davis. I think Swick wins this by UD.

LW
Nate Diaz vs Clay Guida
Guida's pace is insane, but I think that Nate's guard is dangerous, and see him catching Guida in a submission, late in the first.

Rich Clementi vs Gray Maynard
Rich is on a roll right now, and Maynard has shown he could be a threat in the LW division. Not sure who I would pick. I like the fight cause for the same reason I like Carwin vs Lesnar.
Manfred
6/27/08 11:06:49AM
HW
Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin
Brock's chin has yet to be tested, so Shane could knock him out. He'd better be quick about it though 'cause he'll be on his back fast

Antoni Hardonk vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Hardonk trained jits with Rickson for a long time so I think he'll survive there. The CC fight proved nothing about GG's stand-up other than he can throw a HK and eat a body kick once.

LHW
Houston Alexander vs Goran Relijic
I agree with Goran

Matt Hamil vs Thiago Silva
Thiago should take this unless Matt manages to LnP him. Thaigo should be good off his back though so if Matt takes it there, he could get armbarred/traingled

MW
Martin Kampman vs Rich Franklin
I agree, Rich is the Nog of the MW division

WW
Karo Parisyan vs Mike Swick
Personally, I'm happy never seeing Karo Decisyan again

LW
Nate Diaz vs Clay Guida
Best fight on the list, IMO. Slight edge to Clay

Rich Clementi vs Gray Maynard
Gray, I just don't like Clementi
Qorvus
6/27/08 12:02:34PM
I'd pay to see this card.

A lot of the Brock questions should be answered in the Herring fight.

As for Parysian...I'm interested to see if his new camp can change his attitude a bit in the cage. Could be a good fight.
loonytnt
6/27/08 4:32:24PM
nate and clay would be the only fight i would wanna see on that