Fighting in a week.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighting in a week.
papercut
7/17/09 4:34:44PM
I'll be fighting next saturday.(7/25) a bout at 170lbs. I currently weigh 162lbs. I know I can cut to 155 but I want a challenge. The new sanctioning body for WI says anyone under 18 has to fight under "pancrase rules." And since I am under 18 there will be no strikes to the head at all. Which does suck. But I've made it a goal to finish this fight in the 1st round. 2 minutes or under by submission. I'll keep you all updated.
george112
7/17/09 4:55:43PM
Goodluck man.
go whoop that ass
zephead
7/17/09 5:50:13PM
Represent dawg. Liver shots
Irish_Pride
7/17/09 7:19:15PM
Good Luck man. Go hit him with that RNC within 2 minutues.
breakdown5
7/17/09 7:21:58PM
Good luck man.

Nightmare27
7/18/09 2:38:20AM
Hell yeah bro, go get that ****.
Jimbo
7/18/09 8:01:32AM
Get him a body bag, YYEEEEAAAAAHHH ! ! !

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
RhythmAndStyle
7/18/09 12:16:27PM
go Bas Rutten on him..shoot for that liver shot...
papercut
7/24/09 9:47:08PM
weigh ins tonight. I weighed exaclty 170. fully clothed with shoes and everything on. I'm pretty sure everyone made weight. I didn't stick around for everyone to weigh in. my opponent was late so I left before he weighed in. fights tomorrow at 7. hopefully pics will be up by monday. video a couple days later. will let you all know how it goes.
papercut
7/26/09 2:05:03AM
well a dislocated shoulder took me out of the fight in the first round. wasn't doing too bad until then. think I severely messed up my shoulder. might have to visit the doc soon.

Some bad things. extra thick gloves. never had to wear them. brand new. couldn't really work any chokes. had one kinda locked in but couldn't finish. made us wear shin pads. no head punches, head kicks or knees period. bascically turned it into a grappling match with pillows wrapped around our hands. and strange thick shin pads.

not discouraged. just need to work harder and not give up. plan to resume training monday. maybe get one more fight in before football starts
higdon10
7/26/09 2:56:46AM
Hope your shoulder is okay. You'll get em next time.
The_Ho_Bag
7/26/09 12:32:01PM

Posted by papercut

well a dislocated shoulder took me out of the fight in the first round. wasn't doing too bad until then. think I severely messed up my shoulder. might have to visit the doc soon.

Some bad things. extra thick gloves. never had to wear them. brand new. couldn't really work any chokes. had one kinda locked in but couldn't finish. made us wear shin pads. no head punches, head kicks or knees period. bascically turned it into a grappling match with pillows wrapped around our hands. and strange thick shin pads.

not discouraged. just need to work harder and not give up. plan to resume training monday. maybe get one more fight in before football starts

let me guess they gave you combat sport mma safety gloves and shingaurds?

but why no punching to head? that takes the fun outta it no knees to the body? strange rules but come back from your shoulder injury and get a re match
Mattchoo
7/29/09 1:48:37PM
Isnt there four supporting muscles in the shoulder, because soon as one goes your f*****, so even if you feel you can still do things, just dont. You could end up never allowing it the proper time to heal and it wont actually get back to how it was. Like if you crank up your shoulder and have to rehabillitate it, you still wont let it heal properly as its such a crucial part, like even driving with it can cause further problems depending on the extent!

Mad respect for getting in there and competing, no matter what the bad points you still have gone alot further than most people will ever go and got in there!

Keep that shoulder in good form untill you get back in there! dont over do it though

raymurda
8/5/09 12:55:32AM
best of luck, keep that chin down and hands off the mat!!