Fighting for respect: Mike Swick UFC Fight Night 16 interview

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fighting for respect: Mike Swick UFC Fight Night 16 interview
MMAcca
12/10/08 12:42:26AM
Since dropping to welterweight following his first-ever loss in the UFC to Yushin Okami (22-4), Mike “Quick” Swick (12-2) has been looking for that breakthrough performance.

He didn’t get it in his majority decision win over Josh Burkman (18-8) at UFC Fight Night 12. He looked significantly better, but not great, four and a half months later when he outpointed the surging Marcus Davis (15-4) at UFC 85 to earn the unanimous decision.

Accordingly, Swick plans to make an even bigger statement tonight against Jonathan “The Road Warrior” Goulet (22-9) at UFC Fight Night 16: “Fight for the Troops.”

LINK
ohiostate1016
12/10/08 9:16:20AM
Now don't get me wrong...I really like Goo-let, but I don't think that Swick is really going to open many eyes by defeating him. Unless he comes out and head kicks him into an early nap 8 seconds in, of course. But Swick doesn't really have that kind of power. He is the type of fighter that has to wear down his opponent and usually win by points, even at 170. There's nothing wrong with that...it got Machida into the top P4P rankings.