I’m not Fighting Until October (UFC 77 in Cincinnati a Possibility)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » I’m not Fighting Until October (UFC 77 in Cincinnati a Possibility)
adamsb
7/2/07 1:34:56PM
Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (23-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC), who lost his belt to Randy Couture at UFC 68 in March, says he’s hoping to make a return to the UFC in October. Therefore, he’s unlikely to be a part of California’s UFC 74 event next month.

link
Near07
7/2/07 1:59:51PM
I understand that Tim has 3 fights left on his contract but....I don't believe he is a very good sell for the ufc. Even when he is champ people are rooting against him. He does have an impressive win record (KO) but he is so big, he would probably knock out a grizzly if he landed a punch lol Well obviously im joking but i'm not sure if he is a top contender (skill wise), or if its just the size of him which makes him hard to fight. Well not so hard for Randy!! I don't think his back had anything to do with Randy knocking his ass down in the first 3 seconds. Well it will be interesting to see what will become of Tim Sylvia....
KingKash
7/2/07 4:13:17PM
I have always enjoyed watching Tim fight. I hate the man, but enjoy his fights.
Lord_Lenny
7/2/07 4:54:05PM
Tim is a big draw for the UFC if he's fighting a fan favorite. A lot of people pay to see a hero (randy) take on the big evil champ (tim)
MrGreeny
7/2/07 4:57:46PM
He is gonna be OK in the fans eyes if he fights with passion. Everything will be forgotten after some nice 1-2nd round KOs
FeelTheJoy
7/2/07 7:04:37PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Tim is a big draw for the UFC if he's fighting a fan favorite. A lot of people pay to see a hero (randy) take on the big evil champ (tim)

i totally agree with you. people love seeing the good guy win.
MMA
7/2/07 9:39:43PM
If the old Tim Sylvia comes back, then he will sell tickets.
TOMMYAYO05
7/2/07 9:49:59PM
I hate this loppy ass guy i mean he is wack,he will get beat by Vera,Barnett,Crocop,Fedor,BIG Nog,Couture again and many other guys he is a boring fighter all his fights go to decision well at least his last three but i enjoyed randy beatin him down for 5 straight rounds.
DuncanFan819
7/2/07 11:00:46PM

Posted by MMA

If the old Tim Sylvia comes back, then he will sell tickets.

Ya, if he goes back to fighting how he fought when he was fighting Cabbage, Lambert, etc. he'd be a draw again, although with a newly stacked heavyweight division, I don't see him ever winning the title again.
kimoron
7/4/07 3:10:05AM
does anyone else smell a soon to be hw gatekeeper?