Fighting Fedor Reality Show Promo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fighting Fedor Reality Show Promo
Next Page »
Cobbs666
2/25/08 8:56:05PM
Looks aight i guess

Hizzo
Pookie
2/25/08 9:06:18PM
Im pretty sure i saw Nick Diaz and Mac Danzig in that promo
juanez13
2/25/08 9:18:39PM

Posted by Pookie

i saw that too, at 0:38 there is mac danzing sitting, than they show him shadow boxing, same with diaz....another intersting thing i saw was ben rothwell, but it actually seems like he is part of the 16 fighter at 3:04, and he is behind a guy doing some drills, he is sort of legitimate contender for fedor, at least much better than lately......lol i really liked the end though, where fedor was beating the crap out of one guy, and all of a sudden you see roman zentsov starring at the camera, than aleks pimpim the suit and make up.
kasual
2/25/08 9:29:56PM
I really like Fedor, he is the consensus number one heavyweight. It's a shame he has become locked in with an organization that is unable to find him a legitimate contenders to fight and now his legacy is in jeopardy. I liked how the first fight shots were of him beating up Big Nog, geee I wonder why those clips got primacy. How did M1 secure the rights to even use those pride clips, seeing that Zuffa owns that stuff now. There is maybe 2-3 guys in the world right now who could hang with Fedor and maybe 1 who could beat him and it sure as hell isn't Mac Danzig or some unknown, untested contender. That being said I will still watch, the show be anything involving Fedor and I would be there.
TimW001
2/25/08 9:36:53PM
I've seen a show premise like that somewhere else...umm...on American TV too...Can't put my finger on it.

LOL the show actually looks intersting though.
kerazzle
2/25/08 9:39:49PM
Saw this a couple weeks ago and I think it looks dumb, it's a waste of Fedors time.
cmill21
2/25/08 9:46:44PM
I dunno, definetly a good idea as long as they have quality talent. I personally woulden't want to go through a 16 man tourney just to get my ass handed to me but hey maybe someone will shock the world lol.
The_Grim_Reaper
2/25/08 10:18:52PM
ben rothwell is a legit top 10 contender, mac danzig is not lol, seriously if any one knows why he was in that video, PLEASE TELL ME !!! lol also Kerazzle j/w how you saw this video a couple weeks ago when it says on it, (when i just watched it) "add 16 hours ago"
McBee
2/25/08 10:22:49PM

Posted by cmill21

I dunno, definetly a good idea as long as they have quality talent. I personally woulden't want to go through a 16 man tourney just to get my ass handed to me but hey maybe someone will shock the world lol.

it is retarded, another way to delay the best fighter fighting anyone of worth. even TUF the comeback had UFC fighters. I think I saw Eilers.....Eilers!!!!!! WASTE OF TIME this is what Fedor gets for not signing with the UFC, a freaking circus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who is worse of from him not signing?
babytater03
2/25/08 10:24:15PM

Posted by Pookie

i'm glad someone else saw that! I was like WTF?!??!!?

cool little promo. Hopefully the M-1 guys will do a decent job with it.
cmill21
2/25/08 10:33:01PM
Also how are they using Fedor's pride footage? Zuffa owns the pride video's so...I'm confused lol.
MALICE
2/25/08 10:49:43PM
The only reason Danzig and Diaz can be in there is just to have faces to make a preview, hoping everyone is not paying attention. There is no other logical reason. There is no possible way that a WW can be in a HW tourney. NO WAY!

I'll watch. There's no doubt I'll watch, IF it happens (which I'm skeptical), but if there are WW's in this tourney, I will be looking forward to hearing what Dana White has to say about it. That should be good for a laugh.

It just seems like Fedor's management has focused too much on Fedor's name, and not enough on his career.
cmill21
2/25/08 11:11:43PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

The only reason Danzig and Diaz can be in there is just to have faces to make a preview, hoping everyone is not paying attention. There is no other logical reason. There is no possible way that a WW can be in a HW tourney. NO WAY!

I'll watch. There's no doubt I'll watch, IF it happens (which I'm skeptical), but if there are WW's in this tourney, I will be looking forward to hearing what Dana White has to say about it. That should be good for a laugh.

It just seems like Fedor's management has focused too much on Fedor's name, and not enough on his career.

Remember they are paying him 2million a fight, they are basically making as many fights as they possibly can involving Fedor, but not having to pay him 2million.
MALICE
2/26/08 12:11:31AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by xxMALICExx

Remember they are paying him 2million a fight, they are basically making as many fights as they possibly can involving Fedor, but not having to pay him 2million.

Yeah, its just that everything is a jumbled up mess right now.

Nobody wants to see a monopoly, but jeez, wouldnt it just be nicer sometimes. All of the fighters would be in one spot.

I am just hoping a another org rises up to take Pride's spot soon. That way most of the talent will be wont be so spread out anymore.
RMFG_187
2/26/08 12:11:41AM
is it just me, or was that Mac Danzig in the promo training? weird. He must really like reality TV.
F-Man
2/26/08 12:23:24AM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

ben rothwell is a legit top 10 contender, mac danzig is not lol, seriously if any one knows why he was in that video, PLEASE TELL ME !!! lol also Kerazzle j/w how you saw this video a couple weeks ago when it says on it, (when i just watched it) "add 16 hours ago"

this has been on m-1 mixfight russia website for like a month now....
Ordep
2/26/08 12:43:37AM
as 40oztofreedom said...
yeah right..win the show, and your prize is an armbar courtesy of Fedor
RMFG_187
2/26/08 1:24:22AM

Posted by Ordep

as 40oztofreedom said...
yeah right..win the show, and your prize is an armbar courtesy of Fedor

LMAO

so true...

do any of these guys think they can even last 1 round with Fedor? LOL, either they are stupid, and think they can hang w/ Fedor, or they are stupid in taking the fight in the first place. lol Danzig would get owned.
The_hungry_lumberjack
2/26/08 1:31:46AM
Is it just me or can anyone else not wait to see lightweight Diaz fight Heavyweight Fedor? I think this might even be more ridiculously entertaining than Fedor vs Choi. In all seriousness, It's not exactly going to produce a realistic challenge but It should be funny as hell to watch. I'll nominate it to the Emmys as best reality-comedy series.
Pookie
2/26/08 1:35:02AM
For entertainment purposes, I think Mark Hunt vs. Nick Diaz would be the greatest match ever.
Manfred
2/26/08 2:20:30AM
I'm not sure that was Mac Danzig, the face looked similar but that guy looked MUCH bigger. Besides, doesn't he have a 6 fight contract with the UFC for winning TUF?
telnights
2/26/08 3:22:42AM
I will say it again, This is a joke. Just another way of having Fedor avoid top fighters. Maybe one of these days we will see Fedor fight a top 10 but I don't feel its going to happen this year. Maybe he has lost his game and this is his and his managements way of trying to hold on to his legacy. But to be honest they are turning it in to a joke and he is becoming nothing more than a circus act.
Near07
2/26/08 3:41:23AM
That was forsure Mac Danzig, Promo looked alright, could be decent. But I'm not sure why Fedor would bother fighting those guys!! Get Couture on th damn show lol Why is it so hard to get them to fight!! besides Dana White
dmfp
2/26/08 6:30:56AM
Fedor wont hawe a problem destroing a new cummer that he has been able to monitor in traning... I agree its a waste of time!
Give him a real match up like Josh the Baby face assasain
Tein_Lung
2/26/08 10:00:48AM
its just another ploy to try and keep Fedors name out there, hes not gone against anyone in 2 years thats really been a threat to him.. so why should he start now... I agree dana screwed the pooch by not signing him... i mean teh guy compeats in all kinds of stuff trying to get an exclusive contract with someone who like to do things other then be the UFC slave was dumb on Danas part
Silent-Sir
2/26/08 11:40:16AM

Posted by TimW001

I've seen a show premise like that somewhere else...umm...on American TV too...Can't put my finger on it.

LOL the show actually looks intersting though.

I know what you mean. I've been trying to figure out where I've heard this before.

cough *TUF* cough
JustizzleFoShizzle
2/26/08 11:45:21AM
"A tournament like nothing you've ever seen before....."

Ok 16 fighters will live, eat, sleep and train together for a couple weeks, while one by one they are elimininated by fighting each other leaving ultimately one fighter who will earn the right to face the champion at that wieght class.......

Isn't that how Matt Serra is welterwieght champion right now?

Like nothing I've ever seen before.....ha ha ha ha
McBee
2/26/08 1:54:11PM

Posted by JustizzleFoShizzle

"A tournament like nothing you've ever seen before....."

Ok 16 fighters will live, eat, sleep and train together for a couple weeks, while one by one they are elimininated by fighting each other leaving ultimately one fighter who will earn the right to face the champion at that wieght class.......

Isn't that how Matt Serra is welterwieght champion right now?

Like nothing I've ever seen before.....ha ha ha ha

c'mon this is HW not WW, it is a whole new beast and it is only one champion not two like TUF was WW and MW
Mackavelli
2/26/08 1:54:39PM
THey said this is the first time that the gyms are gonna open to american cameras, does anyone what channel this will on and when it will begin?
McBee
2/26/08 1:55:50PM

Posted by Mackavelli

THey said this is the first time that the gyms are gonna open to american cameras, does anyone what channel this will on and when it will begin?

because we have been beating at their doors trying to get in and film it?
Pages: [1] 2