Fighting Fedor: Andrei ‘The Pitbull’ Arlovski Affliction interview

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fighting Fedor: Andrei ‘The Pitbull’ Arlovski Affliction interview
MMAcca
11/26/08 12:20:58AM

If all goes according to plan, Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (15-5) might have a new nickname in store come January. How’s “The Emperor Slayer” sound? Now riding a five-fight win streak and set to challenge for the WAMMA title, Arlovski’s career is on the up and up to say the least.

It’s worth noting that Arlovski, once considered fairly unbeatable himself during his reign atop the UFC’s heavyweight division, hasn’t lost to a fighter who wasn’t named “Tim Sylvia” since March 2002. That’s six-and-a-half years and 11 wins over some of the best heavyweights in mixed martial arts, including Fabricio Werdum (11-4-1), Tim Sylvia (24-5) (the first time) Paul Buentello (26-10) and Vladimir Matyushenko (21-3).

LINK
Pookie
11/26/08 5:18:04AM
He really didnt say much of anything lol...
EvenFlow
11/26/08 6:43:00AM
Actually thats quite a bit to say for Arlovski, hes getting better at PR imo.

I give him a big chance at beating Fedor stylistically (maybe I'm biased) if he wins its probably by decision, tko or cut. Fedor is the realistic choice and it will be hard to pick against Fedor (or Arlovski, both are my two favorite HWs) for the first time but I think I will pick Andrei or at least have him on parlay with that underdog bonus hes carrying.
Porch28
11/26/08 9:53:31AM
AA is going to win by KO.
Pyrenus
11/26/08 9:54:09AM
I like Arlovski but I think this is a terrible matchup stylistically. I'm just hoping he makes it interesting.
clintjack
11/26/08 11:40:37AM
I think Fedor will take him down and dominate him there.