Fighters Weigh In on Rampage-Griffin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fighters Weigh In on Rampage-Griffin
Next Page »
juanez13
7/7/08 9:30:02PM
In the aftermath of one of the more memorable main events of a major UFC -- Forrest Griffin (Pictures)'s unanimous decision over Quinton Jackson (Pictures) -- the Mandalay Bay Events Center became a maelstrom of reaction Saturday night.

here are some of the fighters take on the fight, and who they believed was the victor.

LINK
jiujitsufreak74
7/7/08 9:33:05PM

Frank Shamrock (Pictures): Sorry, I don't watch the UFC.

Good ol' Frank

Gabe Ruediger (Pictures): I watched the fight and thought Forrest won. He was more active and did a great job of sticking to his game plan. I felt it wasn't decisive, but that only comes if you don't allow it to go to the judges. I thought Forrest won but wouldn't have been surprised if [the judges] had Rampage winning instead.

Gabe Ruediger...

who the f*ck cares what he thinks
Shawn91111
7/7/08 9:35:45PM
lol Danzig. Seems like a very grumpy guy.
The_Italian_Stallion
7/7/08 9:37:54PM
I sense some jealousy on Frank's part....

The UFC won't take him so he's pouting... oh well it's still hilarious!
wolfman
7/7/08 9:38:19PM

Phil Baroni: I don't know how two judges gave Forrest that first round, man. That's some bulls---.

My sediments exactly.
juanez13
7/7/08 9:39:44PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Gabe Ruediger...

true, i think including him compromises the legitimacy of this whole article.

cmill21
7/7/08 9:42:14PM
Why would they even ask guys from the fighters camps? lol people say some of us are bias, they more then likely can't be impartial.
Shawn91111
7/7/08 9:42:53PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Gabe Ruediger...

true, i think including him ruins the legitimacy of this whole article.

If they did a follow up with quotes from Andy Wang and Blake Bowman that would be extra special
RMFG_187
7/7/08 9:44:51PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Hes just pissed cuz the whole world isn't vegan with him

I met him and I said, kick some ass tomorrow before UFC 83, and he seemed outta it, maybe the cutting weight or summin, but he wanted nothing to do with me. I understand tho, at least he wasn't a dick about it.

And does anyone care what Gabe says?
McBee
7/7/08 9:50:43PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Shawn91111

I met him and I said, kick some ass tomorrow before UFC 83, and he seemed outta it, maybe the cutting weight or summin, but he wanted nothing to do with me. I understand tho, at least he wasn't a dick about it.

Danzig is an idiot, "wearing a chain around his neck and acting like he is a thug"

Someone needs to tell Dewey Cooper that it is a 10 pt must system with one man being the victor, 10-10 round? no wonder he only had three MMA fights

what is up with everyone being so willy nilly with 10-8, I do not think most fights will have 10-8 rounds period, especially the 2nd round of this fight, no wonder they are so pissed when they lose by decision or start slouching around when they are losing they do not understand the point system and tghought because they had a moment of dominance that they deserved a 10-8, hiarious
grappler0000
7/7/08 9:56:39PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Shawn91111

Danzig is an idiot, "wearing a chain around his neck and acting like he is a thug"

Someone needs to tell Dewey Cooper that it is a 10 pt must system with one man being the victor, 10-10 round? no wonder he only had three MMA fights

what is up with everyone being so willy nilly with 10-8, I do not think most fights will have 10-8 rounds period, especially the 2nd round of this fight, no wonder they are so pissed when they lose by decision or start slouching around when they are losing they do not understand the point system and tghought because they had a moment of dominance that they deserved a 10-8, hiarious

1. A round is to be scored as a 10-10 Round when both contestants
appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear
dominance in a round;

2. A round is to be scored as a 10-9 Round when a contestant wins by a
close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes,
grappling and other maneuvers;

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant
overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
quezocrema0032
7/7/08 10:06:31PM
atleast the fighters call it rite down the middle unlike people on this site who are crying the whole time forrest won people need 2 give him his credit
MALICE
7/7/08 10:09:20PM

Posted by McBee

That looked like about as close to a 10 - 8 round as you can get.
McBee
7/7/08 10:20:38PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by McBee

That looked like about as close to a 10 - 8 round as you can get.

but they never score a round 10-8 never
McBee
7/7/08 10:22:30PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by McBee

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Shawn91111

dominance in a round;

one fighter must be the victory in each round no 10-10s
grappler0000
7/7/08 10:25:45PM

Posted by McBee

dominance in a round;

Not true. it's also not true that 10-8's never happen...they may be rare, but do happen.
MALICE
7/7/08 10:28:41PM

Posted by McBee

10 point must system

1st paragraph explains it pretty well.
xtra_chewy
7/7/08 10:33:08PM

Posted by wolfman

Phil Baroni: I don't know how two judges gave Forrest that first round, man. That's some bulls---.

My sediments exactly.

Word. I almost posted the same exact thing.
McBee
7/7/08 10:49:18PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by not me

dominance in a round;

Not true. it's also not true that 10-8's never happen...they may be rare, but do happen.

someone weigh in, I listen to old Goldie closely and he says 10 point must system with one fighter being the victor, meaning no 10-10s, and I have barely seen a 10-8 that all three judges called, and that 2nd round would not being normally called 10-8
candynuts
7/7/08 10:58:07PM
LMAO @ Frank.
Rush
7/7/08 11:06:30PM
I can think of a fight with 3 or 4 10-8 rounds. Franklin vs. Loiseau

I think GSP vs Trigg could have had a 10-8 round, but that fight finished so that is moot.

There are also 10-8 rounds when penalty points are incurred.
grappler0000
7/7/08 11:17:41PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by not me

dominance in a round;

someone weigh in, I listen to old Goldie closely and he says 10 point must system with one fighter being the victor, meaning no 10-10s, and I have barely seen a 10-8 that all three judges called, and that 2nd round would not being normally called 10-8

With all of the disagreements about the fight, the only thing that most people have agreed on is a 10-8 second round. I'd go as far as to say it was actually a textbook example of a 10-8.
oleg
7/7/08 11:30:21PM
10-10 rounds are allowed, though rare. 1 judge scored a 10-10 round somewhere in the Lytle-Koschek fight.
McBee
7/8/08 12:44:18AM

Posted by oleg

10-10 rounds are allowed, though rare. 1 judge scored a 10-10 round somewhere in the Lytle-Koschek fight.

I actually went to wikipedia to vidicate myself and I found this:

"A round that is considered a draw is usually scored as a 10 - 10 round."

So I guess......................

ONE OF YOU PUNKS JUST POSTED THIS ON WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!!
sammyd1213
7/8/08 12:45:26AM

Posted by Rush

I think GSP vs Trigg could have had a 10-8 round, but that fight finished so that is moot.

Im pretty sure that during Quarry/Starnes there was a 10-7.
McBee
7/8/08 12:48:49AM

Posted by Rush

obviously penalty points but I was talking about judges actually awarding 10-8s, I never assume someone would get a 10-8 round and I will have to rewatch those decision and add up the points, I am still pretty skeptical.
oleg
7/8/08 1:02:15AM

Posted by sammyd1213

Posted by Rush

Im pretty sure that during Quarry/Starnes there was a 10-7.

Pretty sure there was a 10-6 as well; didn't one judge score it 30-24?
Aether
7/8/08 1:20:47AM
no there wasn't a 10-7 as far as I know, but there were multiple 10-8s. I think one judge scored it 10-8 every round.
quezocrema0032
7/8/08 1:31:46AM
the quary starnes fight there were just to 10 7 rounds not a 10 8 ... and forrest rampage round 2 was a much more dominat round then other fights in which 10 8 was called ... edgar vs fisher got a 10 8 round umm urijah pulver got 2 10 8' rounds ... they have been alot more frequant latley
grappler0000
7/8/08 6:30:24AM

Posted by McBee

Posted by oleg

I actually went to wikipedia to vidicate myself and I found this:

"A round that is considered a draw is usually scored as a 10 - 10 round."

So I guess......................

ONE OF YOU PUNKS JUST POSTED THIS ON WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!!

I'm assuming your kidding...but if not, just check the page's history.
Pages: [1] 2