Fighters You Wanna See In the UFC.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fighters You Wanna See In the UFC.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
pv3Hpv3p
6/20/07 11:20:20AM

Posted by ac_gi

Gomi - I would love a Gomi v Sherk fight.

Fedor - Just because

Shogun - man, Chuck v Shogun would be nuts.

Vera - Get his a$$ back, I want to see it get kicked.

Horodecki - I would like to see a Horodecki v Fisher fight, I think Spencer would take it easy.

The 145 pound division - Kid v Faber?

I agree with all of these choices... But IMhumbleO Sherk's wrestling and control would dominate Gomi, but it is a good style matchup...

Shogun, I'd personally love to see a rematch against Page (I heard Rampage was injured coming into their fight, don't know if that's true)

You're right about Horodecki and Fisher... I would really like to see Horodecki fight Huerta...

And I agree most of all to the 145lbs div... Faber vs Kid would be phenominal, and the lighter weightclasses always seem to put on a great show...

Oh, ya, and Fedor for sure... And while we're at it, why don't we throw Vera at him... Welcome back Brandon
ultimatefighter33
6/20/07 9:56:43PM
1 ernesto hoost 2 Fedor 3 Paulo Filho4 kazayuki fujita5 kazushi sakuraba 6 Wanderlia silva 7 Hidehiko yoshida 8 jerome le banner 9 mark hunt 10 josh barnett
ac_gi
6/20/07 11:03:23PM

Posted by ultimatefighter33

1 ernesto hoost 2 Fedor 3 Paulo Filho4 kazayuki fujita5 kazushi sakuraba 6 Wanderlia silva 7 Hidehiko yoshida 8 jerome le banner 9 mark hunt 10 josh barnett

Does Ernesto have any ground skills? I don't know a lot about him, other than he is world class in his Kick Boxing. He would be extremely dangerous if he is a blue belt or higher in BJJ.
loller90278
6/21/07 12:45:57AM
ernesto (hoost) is too old to start mma, although he would forever be one of the best, if not the best kickboxer ever
Junior24
6/21/07 3:46:28AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Jerome Lebanner anybody? If he could sprawl like Liddell or Mirko then its lights out for every heavyweight in the UFC!!!

Buuuttttttttt......he probly wont ever leave his current sport.

He trains w/Fedor so you never know

I want to see him fight Tim Sylvia soooooooo bad!
Aether
6/21/07 4:13:51AM
as far as I know fedor only went to his gym once while hoost was injured and they have never actually trained together, hoost only watched fedor training.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/21/07 9:27:18AM
UFC needs mayhem.
NME
6/21/07 10:38:37AM

Posted by MMA_Needs_Mayhem

UFC needs mayhem.

WEC needs him more.
grappler0000
6/21/07 12:12:53PM

Posted by NME

Posted by MMA_Needs_Mayhem

UFC needs mayhem.

WEC needs him more.

Definitely...he's a good fighter, but he belongs in WEC. In the UFC, he would be middle of the pack, as was shown when GSP dominated him. He has a pretty strong following, and can be a contender in a slightly smaller organization, which is a perfect fit for WEC right now.
Bass
6/22/07 12:11:13PM
Besides the obviuos like fedor and wandy i would like to see nick diaz ands robbie lawler back. why did they leave any way? they should be back for sure.
bawzz
6/22/07 1:04:58PM
Kang, Antonio silva, Gomi, Aoki, melendez, kawajiri, Barnett .
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 7:29:40PM

Posted by Mayo

Faber at 155lbs.
Brock Lesnar at less than 265lbs

Lesnar would be a monster, and i forgot about faber, he is so impressive
Piccosaur
6/22/07 9:34:03PM
Fedor, he needs some new competition.

Then I'd want Wanderlei and Shogun of course.
JewJitsu
6/29/07 7:01:37PM
I'd also like to see Uno back in the UFC.
richieb19
6/29/07 7:04:10PM

Posted by JewJitsu

I'd also like to see Uno back in the UFC.

My thoughts exactly, he would really shake up the LW division...
JewJitsu
6/29/07 7:05:57PM
Uno is the kind of fighter you can never count out, no matter who he is facing, he always has a chance.
gcraig22
6/29/07 9:20:38PM
Lawler, Trigg, Gomi, Barnett, Arona, Shogun, Mayhem,
and FRANK SHAMROCK!
J_wieting_9
6/30/07 1:33:30AM
MAYHEM i would love to see Diaz and Razor Rob but really all I ask on behalf of me and the rest of the Monkeys is bring Mayhem back.
puppetmaster837
6/30/07 1:42:55AM
Obviously all the big names like Fedor, Lawler, Filho, and Gomi. But another guy i would like to see in there is Ben Rothwell, he is beating everyone in IFL and has gone to a decision with Tim Sylvia, so i think he should get a shot in the UFC
AmericanFighterAce
6/30/07 6:06:11PM
I am goign to throw a couple of names out there from all around the MMA world.

Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett
Urijah Faber
Brock Lesnar
Fedor
Dan Puder
Kurt Angle
Kimbo Slice
Phil Baroni
Wanderlei Silva
Aliveer Oversteem
Ricardo Acona
Frank Shamrock
Ben Rothwell
Gomi
Nick Diaz
Soko
Chuck Norris =p
Jeremy Horn
Robbie Lawler
Carlos Newton
Ryan Gracie
Royce Gracie
Chance Farrar
Doug Evans
Frank Trigg
jocksmall
6/30/07 8:30:05PM
i woul love to see josh barnett, fedor , cung le, lindland, nick diaz
danski
6/30/07 11:03:28PM
Aoki,Arona,Fedor,Kang,Frank(again),Diaz,Shaolin,Randleman(again),Sokodjou,Ninja,Alexander E,Hunt,Wandy etc.etc.
Pitbullpeebs
7/1/07 7:55:45AM
MayheM, Baroni, Frank Shamrock, James Thompson and Lawler.
hippysmacker
7/1/07 9:02:35AM
I'll leave out all the Pride guys that haven't already signed. I'm hoping Pride stays open and they just have the MMa superbowl once a year. i will also leave out WEC guys , as they are already Zuffa affliliated. As for people not affiliated with Pride/UFC.

Matt Lindland
Alex Emelienko
Kid Yamamoto
Cung Lee
Frank Shamrock- just because I want to see him get pummeled
Dennis Kang- even his pride contract has expired last I heard
Josh "the punk" Thompson
Melvin Manhoef
Brock Lesnar- The big ex-pro wrestler one
Antionio Silva- If he can make 265
Rico Rodriguez
Nick Diaz
Chris Horodecki
Bart Palaszewski
Shaolin Rabeiro
Ben Rothwell
Vladamir Matushenko
Akira Kikuchi
Jake Sheilds
Aether
7/1/07 4:40:54PM
God would I ever love to see Kid in the cage. Cung Le would also be great as you mentioned.
brutalbones
7/25/07 9:16:03PM
Dennis Kang.
jomatty
7/26/07 5:46:03AM
nick diaz no doubt. one thing i hate about the ufc is the way they throw away fighters after a few losses. its one thing if you lose to a can or dont put on a show, but if you fight the best and put on a show and prove taht you are competitive against everyone that you fight then you deserve to stick around. no one is closer to being a ufc superstar than diaz. a few of those fights go the other way and he is up there with the best, making the big bucks.

unfortunately he is gonna have a tough time ever winning a belt because he matches up poorly imo with some of the stud wrestlers. theres more to life than belts though.

another person i would have loved to see was sokoudjo (however the hell you spell it)
thepunisher
7/26/07 7:55:33AM
I know he has a bad record but i would love to see Cyborg in there

he always has exciting fights
LHK
7/26/07 9:29:22AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Matt Lindland
Alex Emelienko
Kid Yamamoto
Cung Lee
Frank Shamrock- just because I want to see him get pummeled
Dennis Kang- even his pride contract has expired last I heard
Josh "the punk" Thompson
Melvin Manhoef
Brock Lesnar- The big ex-pro wrestler one
Antionio Silva- If he can make 265
Rico Rodriguez
Nick Diaz
Chris Horodecki
Bart Palaszewski
Shaolin Rabeiro
Ben Rothwell
Vladamir Matushenko
Akira Kikuchi
Jake Sheilds

Nice list. Bring back The Janitor! No on in the UFC is capable of pummeling Shamrock, but I would like to see him clear out a few divisions.

Akihiro Ghono! Lets see him dance to the cage to with his trainers.

Why does everyone want to see a fourth-rate fighter like Diaz back? Hopefully Gomi breaks both orbitals and KOs him next time so all this nonsense can stop.
LR
7/26/07 9:36:00AM
Diaz didn't get thrown away after a few losses. Diaz's problem was his attitude, from the quotes I've seen, and of course, everyone knows his attitude. He's had tons of horribly bad press from interviews, and he was pissed about not being allowed to corner his brother. I'm sure he blames the UFC in some dumb abstract thinking only he can come up with. Diaz should have manned up, and taken a contract and showed everyone how he beat Gomi, he should be doing in the UFC.

But I do agree, I want to see Diaz in the UFC, especially after the Gomi fight.
Others I want to see:

Gomi <--- Diaz-Gomi II potential
Lindland
Barnett <--- Easily a champion contender
Lesnar <--- Would be interesting to see him take on Big Nog, who is infamous
for taking on huge guys and winning
Aleks and Fedor <---- Obvious choices, but Aleks won't get a visa.

I don't want to see the IFL guys just yet, I think Horodecki is somewhat flat this season, squeaking out decisions. The Janitor is a very good fighter, but he hit roadblocks against UFC/PRIDE guys before.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4