Fighters You Wanna See In the UFC.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fighters You Wanna See In the UFC.
Next Page »
MisFiT
6/9/07 4:52:24AM
I would like to see Mayhem and McCullough personally. They deserve it and have worked so hard for it, few more fights in the WEC and Mayhem should be moved to UFC, McCullough can move in with the Lightweights and really heat up that Division even more, Double Championship opportunity, and he can do it, who do all of you wanna see?
Trapt1nw0nder
6/9/07 5:05:30AM
NICK DIAZ!!!!

Really man.....i wonder why he got cut from there....there is no reason to cut a fighter for losing close decisions to top fighters,and also making ever single one of his fights very entertaining if not Fight of the Night!

..and also the obvious...Fedor,Shogun,Wandy,Sokoudjou,Mark Hunt....Mach and Gomi..even though i dont think he has a chance in hell in the UFC
Naturaldisaster
6/9/07 5:22:58AM
Savant young, Fedor, shinya aoki, Mach, Wandy, Gomi, loiseau, Robbie Lawler, Diaz,
xchickox
6/9/07 6:01:19AM
yeah definately robbie lawler
JBatch
6/9/07 10:59:26AM
Most of the guys mentioned I would like to see in the UFC. For me the biggest additions would be.
1. Fedor
2. Kang
3. Gomi
4. Sokodjou
5. Doerkson
mkiv9secsupra
6/9/07 11:11:30AM
Jerome Lebanner anybody? If he could sprawl like Liddell or Mirko then its lights out for every heavyweight in the UFC!!!

Buuuttttttttt......he probly wont ever leave his current sport.
Stickan
6/9/07 11:51:04AM
Vitor Shaolin Ribeiro... and obviously every other fighter you've already mentioned.

and mike zambidis.
jdubs
6/9/07 12:10:41PM
do i even have to say
tepid55
6/9/07 12:16:50PM
Mach is comming back to the UFC. I would love to see Shinya Aoki in the UFC, he would own the lightweight division.
Naturaldisaster
6/9/07 12:38:18PM

Posted by tepid55

Mach is comming back to the UFC. I would love to see Shinya Aoki in the UFC, he would own the lightweight division.

Aoki is awesome. hopefully they will bring him soon since theyre bring all the other good pride fighters over
kaduey
6/9/07 1:05:01PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Savant young, Fedor, shinya aoki, Mach, Wandy, Gomi, loiseau, Robbie Lawler, Diaz,

Agree on everyone you mention, but Savant Young!??? He is no where near the caliber needed to contend in the UFC.
Ultimate_fighter
6/9/07 1:54:55PM
Fedor, Wandy, Gomi, Robbie Lawler, Diaz, Hunt, and couple of more top pride fighters
Naturaldisaster
6/9/07 3:00:24PM

Posted by kaduey

Agree on everyone you mention, but Savant Young!??? He is no where near the caliber needed to contend in the UFC.

I love savant young, he's my favorite IFL fighter. I think he would do alright in UFC he would have to step it up a little but he would do well
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/9/07 3:54:44PM
Takanori Gomi and Cyborg
fedorwins1
6/9/07 3:58:43PM
Reggie Warren Jr.

Seriouslly: Fedor, Lawler, Arona, Filho, Kang, many others....
loller90278
6/9/07 4:11:27PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Takanori Gomi and Cyborg

cyborg would be loved by UFC fans!
Naturaldisaster
6/9/07 9:47:18PM
is this cyborg dude from pride? I think I've heard the name before but I've never seen him fight
Mayo
6/9/07 10:28:30PM
Faber at 155lbs.
Brock Lesnar at less than 265lbs
gspfan31
6/9/07 11:37:42PM
mayhem, kawajiri, nick diaz
Aether
6/10/07 1:32:40PM

is this cyborg dude from pride? I think I've heard the name before but I've never seen him fight

His real name is evangelista santos, he's fought in PRIDE a couple of times but he's mostly been in smaller venues. He's not really a great fighter but he's pretty entertaining to watch because he's so aggressive. You can pretty much bet that his fights are going to end in KO/TKO, the problem is he's just as likely to be the one getting knocked out as the other dude. lol.
richieb19
6/10/07 1:39:27PM

Posted by Aether

His real name is evangelista santos, he's fought in PRIDE a couple of times but he's mostly been in smaller venues. He's not really a great fighter but he's pretty entertaining to watch because he's so aggressive. You can pretty much bet that his fights are going to end in KO/TKO, the problem is he's just as likely to be the one getting knocked out as the other dude. lol.

I don't think youre giving him enough credit... hes a pretty bad ass fighter, and as far as him getting KOed, Manhoef, Pele and Shogun arent slouches...
Gkizi
6/10/07 1:51:59PM
Aoki,I would love to see the gogoplata in the cage
Naturaldisaster
6/10/07 4:47:17PM

Posted by Aether

I'll have to try to find some of his fights on youtube then.
iwannabesedated
6/10/07 5:49:30PM
Cung Le.Gilbert Melendez.Lawler Diaz Gomi.obviously Fedor..Mayhem.Lindland and Wandy,Shogun
kaduey
6/10/07 8:26:35PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Cung Le.Gilbert Melendez.Lawler Diaz Gomi.obviously Fedor..Mayhem.Lindland and Wandy,Shogun

Cung Le for sure!!! I think he could be champion. His skills are mind blowing.
Aether
6/10/07 9:07:07PM
I didn't say he was a BAD fighter, just that he's not a great fighter. He's decent, but he's too reckless and it ends up getting him knocked out by inferior fighters sometimes. He's like the rest of the chute boxe guys... they never seem to touch their jiu-jitsu, and that's fine when you know you're able to out-strike your opponent, but against someone like manhoef you should be taking it to the ground ASAP.

Anyway, he's entertaining like I said, he's just the kind of fighter who is never going to be able to beat any A class fighters.
Aether
6/10/07 9:10:46PM
I would love to see kid yamamoto fight in the UFC, but I'm pretty sure that would not be allowed unless he were to gain some weight.
richieb19
6/10/07 10:21:00PM

Posted by Aether

I didn't say he was a BAD fighter, just that he's not a great fighter. He's decent, but he's too reckless and it ends up getting him knocked out by inferior fighters sometimes. He's like the rest of the chute boxe guys... they never seem to touch their jiu-jitsu, and that's fine when you know you're able to out-strike your opponent, but against someone like manhoef you should be taking it to the ground ASAP.

Anyway, he's entertaining like I said, he's just the kind of fighter who is never going to be able to beat any A class fighters.

But at the same time, Cyborg had Manhoef KO'ed on his feet a couple of times in that fight...
johny_rotten
6/10/07 10:58:12PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Aether

But at the same time, Cyborg had Manhoef KO'ed on his feet a couple of times in that fight...

Did you see the fight against Zikic? Cyborg lost the descion, but damn did he do some damage with leg kicks. I am sure James won't ever walk the same.

Santos has some skills, and always makes for an exciting fight, but his ground game is not close to being where it needs to be. He also doesn't seem to ever put it all together when he fights. His last fight he had great take down defense, and accurate deadly strikes, but he didn't have the agression he normally has. He also lacked the gas tank to win.
loller90278
6/11/07 2:27:50AM
his fight with manhoef has to be FOTY or maybe even of ALL TIME (slobberknockers)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4