Top UFC 91 Fighters Test Negative in Out-of-Competition Drug/Steroid Tests

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Top UFC 91 Fighters Test Negative in Out-of-Competition Drug/Steroid Tests
grappler0000
10/20/08 11:22:02PM
From Keith Kizer of the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), in an email to FightTicker.com:

The Commission recently tested Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, Nick Catone, Amir Sadollah, Aaron Riley and Jorge Gurgel. All tests came back negative.

All six fighters are scheduled to fight at UFC 91 in November in Las Vegas.

The NSAC is currently the only commission that tests fighters randomly throughout the year, so the tests are commendable. On the other hand, so far the tests have only included fighters within a month or so of their next fight. What I'd like to see on top of this is testing fighters who may not have a fight scheduled in the near future.

I believe that if there are fighters cheating, they'll try to do it at less-than-predictable times of the year, for example when they believe the commissions won't be paying attention to them.

For fighters training for an upcoming fight, however, it'd be pure foolishness to take performance enhancers then.

Link
haggiswashere
10/20/08 11:53:57PM
Amir doesn't need no drugs. He's got the mullet! Holla for Sadollah!!!!
aaa9erh8er
10/20/08 11:56:12PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Amir doesn't need no drugs. He's got the mullet! Holla for Sadollah!!!!

see if it will be good luck as long as chucks mohawk was
rabbit915
10/21/08 8:51:18AM

Posted by grappler0000

I believe that if there are fighters cheating, they'll try to do it at less-than-predictable times of the year, for example when they believe the commissions won't be paying attention to them.

Yeah but if you tested them farther out you would pick up way more recreational drugs and i really dont think thats something they want.
Darnok
10/21/08 11:27:02AM

Posted by rabbit915

Posted by grappler0000

Yeah but if you tested them farther out you would pick up way more recreational drugs and i really dont think thats something they want.

Exactly, and they are specifically trying to target people using them while training for a specific fight and then cycling off. If they test them a month off then they have to cycle off a month sooner leaving them with a lot less of an advantage.
jocka
10/21/08 12:17:33PM
Am happy that they are testing more and more for it but they should definitly test them on their off time. The drug testing will be more and more frequent so its a good start
cmb19932
10/21/08 2:39:54PM
this is good the purer we can keep this sport the better steroid users