Fighters the UFC should sign?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fighters the UFC should sign?
Next Page »
Wolfenstein
7/28/08 5:08:35PM
Who are some fighters the UFC should be attempting to sign?

I would say Eddie Alvarez, Sergei Khartinov, and David Baron.
Twenty20Dollars
7/28/08 5:12:28PM
David baron is already signed and supposed to be fighting at UFC 89, no opponent has been set yet though.

Well Im going to say jay hieron because he is a free agent right now and he was IFL champ.
soundboy1
7/28/08 5:15:39PM
HEHE FEDOR! and kid yamamoto, takanori gomi, babalu( the only one who can compete with a.silva)
Khaos
7/28/08 5:21:38PM
Joachim Hansen, FRANK SHAMROCK
Taylor8766
7/28/08 5:31:55PM
Just off the top of my head:

Fedor
Paulo Filho
Eddie Alveraz
Urijah Faber
Takanori Gomi
Robbie Lawler
Kid Yamamoto
Jason Miller
Babalu
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/28/08 5:37:49PM
Give me...
Aoki, Hellboy, Fedor, Barnett, Alvarez, Kid, Mousasi, and Jacare. I would guess that the person out of that list that has the biggest chance of getting signed is Aoki though. Add Lil Nog in there too.
Wolfenstein
7/28/08 5:47:51PM
Nice, one down! David should be a monster at lightweight.
juanez13
7/28/08 6:18:20PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Give me...
Aoki, Hellboy, Fedor, Barnett, Alvarez, Kid, Mousasi, and Jacare. I would guess that the person out of that list that has the biggest chance of getting signed is Aoki though. Add Lil Nog in there too.

I disagree. I think Aoki has a very small chance of signing, he is a big star in Japan, and is getting top $dollars over there, coming into the UFC/ US few people would know him. Same reason why Gomi + Kid probably will never come, because they are already huge there.

Best chance of Signing->Eddie Alvarez Once his deal with DREAM is gon, and he returns to strikeforce (or is it elite?) the UFC will probably offer him a juicy contract.

Lil Nog i would have thought be signed by now, with His bro in the UFC already, why not get him?......
RandyCouture
7/28/08 6:22:41PM
I'd like to c the ufc sign jason miller again that would be sweet.
CagesideMMA
7/28/08 6:27:50PM
Take away Fihlo and that list is excellent

CagesideMMA
SpiderSilva
7/28/08 6:31:49PM
I would like to see Nick Diaz back but @ 155 insted of 170
prozacnation1978
7/28/08 6:53:27PM
you guys really need to do your homework
baron was signed a while back

i say get fedor vs randy
get arlovski back
sign aoki
grab some heavyweights
tepid55
7/28/08 7:07:47PM
I would like to see Aoki, Barnett, Mousasi, and JZ Calvacante in the UFC.
grappler0000
7/28/08 7:25:17PM

Posted by juanez13

Give me...

I disagree. I think Aoki has a very small chance of signing, he is a big star in Japan, and is getting top $dollars over there, coming into the UFC/ US few people would know him. Same reason why Gomi + Kid probably will never come, because they are already huge there.

Best chance of Signing->Eddie Alvarez Once his deal with DREAM is gon, and he returns to strikeforce (or is it elite?) the UFC will probably offer him a juicy contract.

Lil Nog i would have thought be signed by now, with His bro in the UFC already, why not get him?......

I believe Alvarez actually belongs to Adrenaline and was lent to Dream and EXC. If his stock rises enough, then he would be too costly for Adrenaline to use this early in the game and I could see Monte Cox let him go to take on the UFC and make a name in the states.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/28/08 7:40:19PM

Posted by juanez13

Give me...

I see what you are saying. The reason I thought Aoki had the best chance is because of an article a couple of weeks ago. I think he hinted at wanting to come over to the states. I'll try to find that article but I'm not sure if I read it on here or another site.

Take it for what it's worth But yea, this is where I heard it. I'm not sure if this is a very credible site though.
casketcoin
7/28/08 7:52:00PM
Fedor
Alverez
Bonjasky
Faber is already in ....due to weightclass
Torres the same
definatley others....Arlovski...Aleks...Filho....Gomi...KID...Aoki...JZ
Mchubb316
7/28/08 8:53:32PM
I would like to see how Manhoef would do against the stacked LHW division of the UFC. His strength and speed are crazy. Manhoef is a guy I think could give Machida problems, because he isn't afraid to get hit coming in and is strong enough to stay away from a takedown. There is a lot of fights that I think would be great for him inside the UFC.
Pitbull09
7/29/08 2:44:23AM
Dennis Kang
Jake Sheilds
Nick Diaz
Robbie Lawler
Gilbert Melendez
James Thompson
Fedor E.
Barnett
Aoki
Gomi
Frank Shamrock
Eddie Bravo

Get back guys who recently left
AA
Tito Ortiz
skatenate
7/29/08 4:43:11AM
faber
gomi
hellboy
aoki
mrkennedy
7/29/08 2:45:25PM

Posted by soundboy1

HEHE FEDOR! and kid yamamoto, takanori gomi, babalu( the only one who can compete with a.silva)

Anderson will kick is ass he can not standup with jason lambert do you really think he can standup with anderson
mrkennedy
7/29/08 2:59:09PM
ROBBIE''RUTHLESS''LAWLER

fedor
aoki
masdival
alvarez
gomi
micah miller
stann
barnett
AA
JZ
kawajiri
hellboy
manhoef
Feijao
nick diaz
Mattchoo
7/29/08 3:04:58PM
MELVIN MANHOEF

Incase you are wondering, the caps lock version is far superior
fullerene
7/29/08 3:45:14PM
Fedor, Antonio silva, Aleks, Kharitonov, Arlovski, Ricco, Kimbo, Fujita, Roger Gracie
Arona, Yoshida, Belfort
Lindland, Le, F. Shamrock, Lawler, Misaki, Trigg, Kang, Akiyama, Jacare
Condit, Shields
Gomi, Aoki, Alvarez, Hansen, JZ, Kid, Shaolin, M. Garcia

It's pretty obvious where the strengths and weaknesses lie above 170 (below 170 is just stacked).
Aether
7/29/08 4:01:02PM
kharitonov, fedor, barnett, arlovski, sylvia, crocop.... Basically an entire heavyweight division would be nice.
Aether
7/29/08 4:10:32PM

Posted by casketcoin

Fedor
Alverez
Bonjasky
Faber is already in ....due to weightclass
Torres the same
definatley others....Arlovski...Aleks...Filho....Gomi...KID...Aoki...JZ

Are you talking about remy bonjasky??? I've never heard anything about him wanting to fight in MMA. I'm not sure if you're joking, talking about someone else, or engaging in wishful thinking.
copcopps
7/29/08 4:45:02PM
Alvarez, Hansen, Sergei Khartinov, Ricardo Arona, Faber, Melendez, Josh Barnett, Melvin Manhoef, Overeem, JZ, Ninja, Loiseau, Fiho
chris91301
7/31/08 1:44:11AM
josh barnett,
kevin randleman.

all the old school guys who are still good and popular.
Kracker_Jap
7/31/08 1:47:49AM

Posted by fullerene

Fedor, Antonio silva, Aleks, Kharitonov, Arlovski, Ricco, Kimbo, Fujita, Roger Gracie
Arona, Yoshida, Belfort
Lindland, Le, F. Shamrock, Lawler, Misaki, Trigg, Kang, Akiyama, Jacare
Condit, Shields
Gomi, Aoki, Alvarez, Hansen, JZ, Kid, Shaolin, M. Garcia

Fullerene's list, is also my list

weird that it was the only list with ARONA on it

What are you guys thinking
WheelchairBandit
7/31/08 2:04:55AM
The UFC needs quality middleweights above all else.I'd say pick up Lawler and Misaki,maybe even Akiyama.Dennis Kang should be easy to sign now that he's lost a few fights in a row.He'd be a quality addition to the division.

I think they really need to get back Arlovski.He's the only heavyweight free agent out there that can really give Nog a run for his money in the UFC (outside of Fedor of course).You can all give up on Fedor ever signing with the UFC.His management was only going to sign the deal if Fedor could fight in Russia,and they wanted it to be a UFC/M-1 co-promotion.Gimmie a break.And forget Barnett ever going back to the UFC-he made the mistake of burning all his bridges,and they'll never give him a second thought.He was out of the UFC long before it got big,and the average fan has no idea who he is.

I'd like to see Aoki in the UFC at 155,along with JZ and Hellboy.

WB.
murphy_16
7/31/08 2:32:21AM
nick diaz
Pages: [1] 2