Fighters that make you sad.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighters that make you sad.
frizzzlecake
6/30/12 7:09:09PM
Two fighters that make/made me sad because they had so much talent, but not enough drive or heart to do anything with it.

1. Paulo Philo

2. rameau sokoudjou

My face making this thread, and when ever I see Rameau fighting 400+ men:

So PG what fighters make you Bang your head against the wall?
infestructure
6/30/12 7:22:47PM
Nick Diaz.

A little organisational skills would have gone a long way. I like a little pot as much as the next guy, but if you want to be the best in certain professions, you have to moderate your intake better.

EDIT: Condit still beat him fair and square.
frizzzlecake
6/30/12 7:30:51PM

Posted by infestructure

Nick Diaz.

A little organisational skills would have gone a long way. I like a little pot as much as the next guy, but if you want to be the best in certain professions, you have to moderate your intake better.

1,2,5. Joking
I agree with you Nick is another headbanger.
pmoney
6/30/12 7:51:21PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by infestructure

Nick Diaz.

1,2,5. Joking
I agree with you Nick is another headbanger.

I really wish Nick didn't get hit with that BS suspension. I swear he and Nate are turning the corner, at least as far as wrestling (TDD) is concerned. BJ took Jon Fitch down more than Nick Diaz, IIRC, and we all saw Nate's game against Jim Miller...

But as far as who is currently making me sad, I'd have to say Norifumi Yamamoto. I loved watching Kid fight way back when, and watching him flounder and lose to dudes who are being handpicked for him to beat (Lee) is just maddening.
Twenty20Dollars
6/30/12 8:05:53PM
Georges Safe Pierre, could so much more dangerous and dominant.

Then there are the guys who don't use their reach advantage.
Kendall Grove, Stefan Struve come to mind.

The guys who don't fight with their strengths when they have a clear advantage there.
Jorge Gurgel, Maia lately (his last finish was of Sonnen in '09)

Chris Leben, could have been much better I think, had he not had so many issues.
Twenty20Dollars
6/30/12 8:14:18PM
There was this thing Danny Castillo had been doing on twitter it was Frank Mir Face, so like situations where you would make the face of frank mir, like in the photo

So, which fighters make you give frank mir face.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2
infestructure
6/30/12 9:10:11PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

There was this thing Danny Castillo had been doing on twitter it was Frank Mir Face, so like situations where you would make the face of frank mir, like in the photo

So, which fighters make you give frank mir face.

Paul Daley makes me give the Frank Mir face. Sucks when strikers of his calibre don't learn some ground game or even TDD.

EDIT: Melvin Guillard, for the exact same reason. I'd love to see Guillard vs Daley.
jae_1833
6/30/12 9:15:55PM
Jens Pulver, Tito Ortiz, Wanderlei Silva, Mirko CroCop, and Fedor. I am old school but not ancient and a lot of my original heroes are retiring on bad or less than awesome notes.
prophecy033
6/30/12 9:19:23PM

Posted by jae_1833

Jens Pulver, Tito Ortiz, Wanderlei Silva, Mirko CroCop, and Fedor. I am old school but not ancient and a lot of my original heroes are retiring on bad or less than awesome notes.

Chuck Liddell in all his fights after Wanderlei Silva
FastKnockout
6/30/12 10:16:37PM
Frankie Edgar. Win or lose he's taking damage from bigger men that could be avoidable by moving to FW.
ghandikush
7/1/12 12:42:39AM
I thought vera could have taken hw gold before the Lesnar age. :(

Matt Hammil could have been one of the greates ever with some brains

Same with Yushin Okami, could have beaten Anderson

Rampage just doesnt care

Ricco could have never fallen of the hw map

Pat Barry could be a very scary guy if he used his short frame for lower level tdd

Mach Saku

My biggest frustration other than hammil, that bastard Josh Koscheck :( He is such a great fighter but has no fight IQ evidenced against Hughes, and Alves. Could be better than he is but since he knows he can make a lot more money and fame as a noisy knockout artist he likes to please the UFC rather than use wrestling.

Poor_Franklin
7/1/12 1:40:04AM
GSP- not finishing
Wanderlei- the Leben KO the most bc he shouldve won that fight
Rich Franklin vs Anderson x2
Big Nog vs Mir x2
Arlovski- especially the Fedor fight. He was close to finishing that off, but also the 3rd Sylvia fight was an epic FAIL
infestructure
7/1/12 3:41:14AM

Posted by ghandikush

Rampage just doesnt care

Pat Barry could be a very scary guy if he used his short frame for lower level tdd

Mach Saku

My biggest frustration other than hammil, that bastard Josh Koscheck :( He is such a great fighter but has no fight IQ evidenced against Hughes, and Alves. Could be better than he is but since he knows he can make a lot more money and fame as a noisy knockout artist he likes to please the UFC rather than use wrestling.

I thought that about Vera too. Ah well

Agree with Pat Barry. He knows where the holes in his game are, why can't he plug them

Disagree with Koscheck though, he got as far as GSP and no further, more wrestling wouldn't change that. It's a shame because he lives in GSP's shadow now.
backalley101
7/1/12 3:42:44AM

Posted by infestructure

Nick Diaz.

Adrenaline
7/1/12 4:16:40AM

Posted by infestructure

I'd love to see Guillard vs Daley.

Not me, if they both tripped and fell at the same time, it would be a stalemate while they both awkwardly rocked back and forth and their backs like turtles trying to get up. I'd pick Daley though because Melvin would eventually get RNC'd by something, possibly a towel that a cornerman carelessly left laying on the mat.

aussiemma
7/1/12 5:59:13AM
definitely pat barry
the guy always starts off so well and is so close to finishing then he screws it up, everytime. had tim hague rocked, dropped crocop, practically had kongo finished and was in control of lavar johnson.
im a fan of his but he does leave me dissapointed alot.
infestructure
7/1/12 6:57:45AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by infestructure

I'd love to see Guillard vs Daley.

Not me, if they both tripped and fell at the same time, it would be a stalemate while they both awkwardly rocked back and forth and their backs like turtles trying to get up. I'd pick Daley though because Melvin would eventually get RNC'd by something, possibly a towel that a cornerman carelessly left laying on the mat.

had a chuckle
ghandikush
7/1/12 11:22:36AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by ghandikush

Rampage just doesnt care

Mach Saku

I thought that about Vera too. Ah well

Agree with Pat Barry. He knows where the holes in his game are, why can't he plug them

Disagree with Koscheck though, he got as far as GSP and no further, more wrestling wouldn't change that. It's a shame because he lives in GSP's shadow now.

whole reason for Kos is that he goes in and never mixed anything up, just runs forward throwing loopy punches.
Chael_Sonnen
7/1/12 12:10:07PM
I mean, look at this guy....c'mon, he looks like a homeless guy that just raided the local Salvation Army

Soooo sad....I feel sorry for him.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
7/1/12 6:19:06PM
These two chaps bring a tear to my eye
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SpiderSilva
7/3/12 7:57:24PM
This guy. Apparently he stole that belt from the kid that Jon Jones kissed in his commercial.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
george112
7/3/12 9:14:31PM

Posted by jae_1833

This sums it up for me.

Bubbles
7/3/12 10:52:18PM
no Karo mentions yet?

my pick is my favourite fighter (well except for this pic, which is pretty pimpin )