Which of the following fighters who recently returned to the UFC are you most looking forward to?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which of the following fighters who recently returned to the UFC are you most looking forward to?
POLL: Which of the following fighters who recently returned to the UFC are you most looking forward to?
Marcus Aurelio 5% (3)
Phil Baroni 10% (6)
Dennis Hallman 7% (4)
Vladimir Matyushenko 25% (15)
Tito Ortiz 50% (30)
Frank Trigg 3% (2)
mentalcase
8/18/09 6:53:00PM
Khaos
8/18/09 6:55:46PM
Though I'm excited for all of them, I am most excited to see The Janitor come back. He's a great fighter win a great record, and he's a former title contender. I think he's the only one of the recent resignings that could actually make the most of his comeback, maybe even get the LHW belt.
nickcuc547
8/18/09 7:00:11PM
tito without a doubt because he is the best of the bunch. everytime he fights it's a big name fight and close to headlining. he may not be top 10 anymore but he still has some left in the tank to give anybody in the division trouble, has a ton of interesting matchups out there for him.
copcopps
8/18/09 7:01:09PM
Dennis Hallman I would like to see who the Hughes-trouncer will be put up against and see what he still has in him at this level
teamquestnorth
8/18/09 7:01:09PM
I am lokking forward to seeing Vitor back in the ufc at 185. Of the fighters on the poll I voted for Trigg. He had some big wins since hes been gone so we"ll see what he can do back in the Octagon. Both of these fighters have huge first fights and I can see them possibly losing them but hopefully the UFC keeps them around for a while.
KaibaThedon
8/18/09 7:05:28PM
(is there a reason Phenom isn't on here?)

Vitor Belfort

vs

Rich Franklin
kopower
8/18/09 7:07:50PM
If Vitor was on the list he would be #1. Had to go with Tito. There are so many potential wars left for him. Can't wait to see Tito/Griffin 2
emfleek
8/18/09 7:12:10PM
Vitor Belfort
Lil' Nog
mentalcase
8/18/09 7:23:55PM

Posted by kopower

If Vitor was on the list he would be #1. Had to go with Tito. There are so many potential wars left for him. Can't wait to see Tito/Griffin 2

yeah i know most people would pick vitor thats why hes not on the list
NatedawgThaM
8/18/09 7:45:12PM
Tito definitely, hes the best fighter out of all of them and the only one with the best chance of getting even a little close to another title shot because I know how everybody hates him with a passion but the truth is, Tito is a pretty damn good fighter. IMO hes come the closes out of anybody to beating Machida with that sick Triangle at the end. Look at his last few fights. Chuck before he lost his edge and I still think that stoppage was a little premature but itwasnt bad and he stood with him and banged it out. He should have beaten Rashad but some dumb penalty cost him and he fought the Light Heavyweight champ. He still a tough opponent for anybody. Just not as explosive as he wants was which makes him not as dangerous as he once was be hes still a great fighter.
Twenty20Dollars
8/18/09 7:54:29PM
I voted for Vlad.

But to be honest with you, I dont see any of these guys making an impact. With the division these guys are in, they are full of well rounded contenders that would beat them.

I would have voted for Vitor too, then Dan "Upgrade" Lauzon.
prozacnation1978
8/18/09 8:01:03PM
i goota go with tito followed closely by belfort
chickmagnet
8/18/09 8:17:16PM
BARONI!!!
Shadymlm
8/19/09 4:09:22AM
<----------- That's right, Tito Ortiz who I do think will have a great impact in the division like stated before he did damn near beat the current champ who everyone is saying is one of the best p4p fighters. And he wouldv'e beat Evan's had it not been for a point deduction. And he beat Gump, I mean griffin who some people still consider top 5. Tito is the man and another title reign is not out of the question, Sure Chuck made him look bad but Chuck was to Tito what silva was to Franklin that one guy that he couldn't beat. If Tito fought Machida again especially after back surgery and at %100 I'm sure it would be a different fight and as for Vitor, well I think his return won't make another impact for a year just because IMO he's gonna come in and lose then fight a MW and win and fight another one and win.
Sinister
8/19/09 6:13:56PM
Vladamire and Tito. With them and Lil Nog coming, the LHW division is becoming the only LHW division in MMA
Sinister
8/19/09 6:24:50PM

Posted by nickcuc547

tito without a doubt because he is the best of the bunch. everytime he fights it's a big name fight and close to headlining. he may not be top 10 anymore but he still has some left in the tank to give anybody in the division trouble, has a ton of interesting matchups out there for him.

Yea, any guy who fought the past three LHW champs and has 1-1-1 record is fine by me. Exspecially when he came closest to finishingMachida
chickmagnet
8/19/09 10:05:51PM

Posted by Shadymlm

If Tito fought Machida again especially after back surgery and at %100 I'm sure it would be a different fight

Machida would beat Tito far worse if they fought again..