6 UFC fighters recently released

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 6 UFC fighters recently released
shaneTpain
2/27/12 5:13:59PM
The following fighters have recently been let go by the UFC.

-Chris Cope
-John-Olav Eniemo
-Dustin Jacoby
-Daniel Roberts
-Vagner Rocha
-Eric Schafer
gartface
2/27/12 5:18:59PM
Can't disagree with any of them. They'll make good additions to smaller organizations. for trimming fat.
Rabi
2/27/12 5:32:05PM
Thanks for quoting me on your auto signature.
hotrodttt
2/27/12 6:18:56PM
Steve Cantwell? Dude has lost 5 straight
gartface
2/27/12 6:22:23PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Steve Cantwell? Dude has lost 5 straight

Give it a week or so. All of these are from 143 and the Fuel card, right?

And of course, Ray!
warglory
2/27/12 6:27:43PM
I think it's time for Akiyama to get his walking papers.
pmoney
2/27/12 6:42:40PM
The only fighter I lament being cut is JOE. He put on a good war with Herman, and I think Russow is just as much to blame for the snoozefest that was their last fight . The HW division is thin, I would've like to see him get one more shot. Oh well.
jjeans
2/27/12 6:53:07PM

Posted by Rabi

Thanks for quoting me on your auto signature.

A guy with a gay av... I wouldn't trust him quoting someone
shaneTpain
2/27/12 7:05:24PM

Posted by pmoney

The only fighter I lament being cut is JOE. He put on a good war with Herman, and I think Russow is just as much to blame for the snoozefest that was their last fight . The HW division is thin, I would've like to see him get one more shot. Oh well.

he always looked so happy to be there
cut way to soon
Twenty20Dollars
2/27/12 9:23:30PM
Only see Jacoby maybe making it back out of that group.
BuffaloDave
2/28/12 10:46:38AM
Not surprised or have any gripes with any of those names.

Red just doen't can't take being hit anymore, he looked good at the start of his last 2 fights, soon as Simpson and Rivera started hitting him, he shelled up.
theman209
2/28/12 11:34:05AM
Weird that Rocha isn't given another shot. Sure, he got KTFO but he isn't the first and hey, it was against a TUF winner. Only other loss is to Cowboy and he went three rounds with him. Whereas a guy like Steve Cantwell is allowed to lose 5 in a row after running his mouth and causing controversy.....

???????
prozacnation1978
2/28/12 6:24:14PM
I can't disagree either on any of them
One or two will be picked up by bellator
prophecy033
2/28/12 6:54:12PM
Not Ravishing Red
One_Hit_Quit
3/2/12 3:13:34AM

Posted by warglory

I was thinking the same before the Shields fight, but he seemed to preform alot better at WW. I think he's earned another fight.
gartface
3/2/12 10:41:09AM

Posted by One_Hit_Quit

Posted by warglory

I was thinking the same before the Shields fight, but he seemed to preform alot better at WW. I think he's earned another fight.

Dude has yet to have a tune up fight in the UFC. He came over and immediately was up against the wolves. When does the UFC ever throw a guy like Vitor Belfort at you on a two fight losing streak?

Belcher, Leben, Bisping, Belfort, and Shields. Pretty damn good list to be losing to.

I think as long as he keeps putting on exciting fights, he'll be in the UFC. This is not a case like Steve Cantwell, where a couple losses in a row earns you a cut. He deserves to stay in more of a way than Alexander deserved to after losing several straight.

He's fighting at such a high level, but I think for once, he deserves a tune up.