Fighters who provide the best highlight reels

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighters who provide the best highlight reels
wolfman
3/5/08 2:45:02PM
I apologize ahead of time if this has been asked, I did search before I posted.

Anyways, I would have to go with Cro Cop, Wand, Anderson Silva, Rampage,
Chuck Liddell, Mir, Gomi, and Imanari. So, who do you guys feel produces the best finishes/highlight reels?
Pookie
3/5/08 2:50:45PM
#1 - Randleman
Rampage, wandy, and chuck all have some of the greatest hl endings i can think of.
juanez13
3/5/08 2:54:56PM
All of the guys that you've stated above i agree with (with the exception Of Frank Mir)....also i would add fedor to that list, he probably is in every single mma Hl, and most of the best HL's i've seen are of him, i'd say the only ones that match are cro cops, both have huge numbers of HL's dedicated to them. Also Big Nog provides some of the best HL reels, they always show him getting his ass whopped than comes back to get the win, always makes for a great HL. Shogun would be another.
wolfman
3/5/08 2:55:32PM

Posted by Pookie

#1 - Randleman
Rampage, wandy, and chuck all have some of the greatest hl endings i can think of.

Randleman, yes I can agree with that.
Pookie
3/5/08 2:59:30PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Pookie

#1 - Randleman

Doesnt matter if hes the one about to be brutalized, or the one about to maim god.

Could you imagine watching randleman fight mike tyson in a street fight. id pay $50 for that.
wolfman
3/5/08 3:05:06PM

Posted by juanez13

All of the guys that you've stated above i agree with (with the exception Of Frank Mir)....also i would add fedor to that list, he probably is in every single mma Hl, and most of the best HL's i've seen are of him, i'd say the only ones that match are cro cops, both have huge numbers of HL's dedicated to them. Also Big Nog provides some of the best HL reels, they always show him getting his ass whopped than comes back to get the win, always makes for a great HL. Shogun would be another.

Yep, I agree with Shogun, Fedor, and Big Nog. Also, I can see why you disagree with me on Frank Mir. He was mainly on the list for breaking Big Tim's arm and his sub over Pete Williams.
wolfman
3/5/08 3:10:48PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Pookie

#1 - Randleman

Doesnt matter if hes the one about to be brutalized, or the one about to maim god.

Could you imagine watching randleman fight mike tyson in a street fight. id pay $50 for that.

Yeah, that would be pretty crazy. I'd also pay to see that.
Schizoidman
3/5/08 9:10:29PM
I agree with Mir being on there. He's got some sick submission highlights. Especially now with the Brock Lesnar kneebar. There's also one that I personally liked where he had the guy in his guard. The other guy's hands were posted on the ground underneath Mir's armpits. Mir wrapped his arms around the other guy's elbow joint and cranked it inward and submitted him with that. Anyone know which fight that was? Or does anyone have a link to that fight? I can't find that fight anywhere. Pretty unique submission though.
seanfu
3/5/08 9:16:45PM
Leben Silva Rampage Randleman Fedor early David Luazou(cant spell it) Serra (licking his tounge, shonie KO, GSP KO) Pride Shogun Rua
Pookie
3/5/08 9:21:10PM
Ricardo Arona - the Rampage upkicks, the mongolian chop beatdown on Wanderlei, and the complete destruction of Kazushi Sakuraba.
... and then the various times hes been KTFO(Shogun, Sokoudjou, Rampage)
juanez13
3/5/08 9:38:16PM

Posted by Schizoidman

I agree with Mir being on there. He's got some sick submission highlights. Especially now with the Brock Lesnar kneebar. There's also one that I personally liked where he had the guy in his guard. The other guy's hands were posted on the ground underneath Mir's armpits. Mir wrapped his arms around the other guy's elbow joint and cranked it inward and submitted him with that. Anyone know which fight that was? Or does anyone have a link to that fight? I can't find that fight anywhere. Pretty unique submission though.

that was frank Mir vs Pete williams at UFC 36. Unfurtunately i dont have a link to that Video, but im sure its in every highlight of frank mir.
Tailgunner
3/5/08 11:58:13PM
Leben has provided a few good highlight reels.....he is either knocking someone out or he gets knocked out.

He has had a lot of brawls in the UFC.......Leben brings it almost everytime he fights.
cmill21
3/6/08 12:24:25AM
Miiiiiiiirrrrkooo Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooo Cooooooooooooooop. So many highlights from both Pride and K-1.
NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 12:29:49AM
Rampage Jackson, Anderson Silva,Kevin Randleman, Houston Alexander, Chuck Liddell, Nick Diaz, Robbie Lawler, Mirko Cro Cop, Fedor, and Tank Abbot.
richieb19
3/6/08 1:07:07AM
I was working on a Shammy HL to put everything else to shame...
pv3Hpv3p
3/6/08 10:36:10AM
I personally like the K-1 HL reels and there are some great ones:

Ernesto Hoost
Maki Zambidis
Kid Yamamoto
Jerome Le Banner
of course CroCop...

For MMA I always liked:

AleksE
Gomi
Liddell