Fighters you pick no matter what the odds are against them.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighters you pick no matter what the odds are against them.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
DiabloFreak56
6/20/08 12:07:33AM
there are a few..

but nick diaz.
diego sanchez
and roger huerta

those are the 3 guys i never pick against. that arent champions.

first off nick is my favorite fighter and he is great on the ground and good on his feet so i always pick him since he always has a chance.

diego is one of my favorite fighters as well and he can be great at times. and i havent gone against him yet. not even vs fitch or kos.

and now roger huerta is just a warrior. i probably wont ever go against him unless he fights bj which is possible. but ill probably end up picking huerta that fight he is just an all around beast with a huge heart as shown in the garcia fight and the guida fight.
bobbydoomocculta
6/20/08 12:08:29AM
Andrei Arlovski's another one for me... always by early knockout...
I don't know if he counts though...
wolfman
6/20/08 12:12:39AM
Mine are: Benji Radach and Yves Edwards.
holt8081
6/20/08 12:14:32AM
But I am know a BOBBLEHEAD. now comments bob
Cdellorso
6/20/08 12:24:03AM
Clay Guida-

guy always brings it- I never see him get dominated- I usually see him winning and then get caught- (Huerta) or that time he was robbed against tyson Griffen
bobbydoomocculta
6/20/08 12:25:02AM

Posted by holt8081

But I am know a BOBBLEHEAD. now comments bob

This isn't the place for that stuff... If you wanna join my camp go post a request in the camp forum where I'll reject it formally...

I like Yves Edwards... Not one I'd pick even if deep down I knew he was gonna be in big trouble though...
holt8081
6/20/08 12:27:32AM
I will alway pick Gina Carano
Playground_Samurai
6/20/08 3:12:15AM
For some reason, I find it really hard to pick against Gleison Tibau, Dustin Hazelett, and Jason Miller. They all have so much potential.
loller90278
6/20/08 3:19:44AM
1. tomazs drawl
2. eric shaefer
3. donger
4. gono
NatedawgThaM
6/20/08 3:30:00AM
Diego Sanchez - He's so sick! He goes at such a great pace and never puts on a dull fight except when he gets staph. I wouldn't pick anybody else over him, especially in a 5 rounder. I think he's the best pure grappler in the UFC welterweight division. I think he could pose some problems ofr GSP!!!

Nate Diaz - All I hear is crap like "His Juijitsu ain't that good, Alvin and Kurt will beat him." "Ah his stand up is crap" "Ah he'd get beat by any good strong wrestler" Blah Blah Blah. I love his personality and his sweet skills. A pleasure to pick him all the time

Kevin Randleman- He's so strong and explosive, arguably the best wrestler in MMA! He has so much heart and I have so much respect for him. I don't have the heart to pick against him. He's a true warrior and it's a shame he didn't go to Xtreme Couture earlier in his career. He'd easily be the best Heavyweight in the world IMHO with a great camp like that.

Yves Edward- He's so exciting and great wherever the fight goes. Just has some shitty luck sometimes.
Gipper
6/20/08 3:55:13AM
guida
hendo
couture
tanner
lytle
Ben_Hutch
6/20/08 6:38:02AM
Thiago Silva
Thiago Alves
Matt Brown
CB Dolloway
Michael Bisping
Ross Pointin
Dan Hardy
Dan Henderson
tomp6581
6/20/08 7:04:52AM
Henderson and Wanderlei
Leland
6/20/08 7:25:23AM
Cro Cop as of late. I will always swing the nuts of Cro Cop.

Clay Guide is a no-brainer

Wandy is another one I always go for.

Uhhh..... thats all for now.

rabbit915
6/20/08 8:58:59AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by rabbit915

Frankie Edgar. I always think he is going to win for some reason regardless of the size or skill of who he is fighting. Of course thats usually been a good choice until his last fight which i still insist he won.

your kidding right,
he got distroyed by Maynard.

He didnt get destroyed. I came to the conclusion that i could see the fight being scored 29-28 either way but all three judges managed to score it 30-27 so i still call shenanigans. I laid it out in a post the night it happened and then elaborated further the next morning when i wasnt piss drunk on whiskey. That may factor into my ability to understand the fight.
bigbubbano23
6/20/08 9:45:02AM
i always bet against matt winman, i don't know why.
Aaronno9
6/20/08 10:01:56AM
Rich Franklin. Id most likely pick him in a third fight with silva even though hed most likely get knocked out again.
holt8081
6/20/08 10:49:58AM

Posted by rabbit915

Posted by holt8081

Posted by rabbit915

Frankie Edgar. I always think he is going to win for some reason regardless of the size or skill of who he is fighting. Of course thats usually been a good choice until his last fight which i still insist he won.

your kidding right,
he got distroyed by Maynard.

He didnt get destroyed. I came to the conclusion that i could see the fight being scored 29-28 either way but all three judges managed to score it 30-27 so i still call shenanigans. I laid it out in a post the night it happened and then elaborated further the next morning when i wasnt piss drunk on whiskey. That may factor into my ability to understand the fight.

watch it again.....Edgar got Destroyed
MondayNiteMauser
6/20/08 11:29:58AM
Chuck, Forrest, BJ, and the spider.
candynuts
6/20/08 11:36:33AM
Tank Abbott man, he was a badass fighter when I watched the early UFC's on the VCR.
Also: James Thompson, Gono, Sakara, and Heath Herring.
Boo_Radley21
6/20/08 12:06:11PM
Fisher and Pulver
jiujitsufreak74
6/20/08 12:54:40PM
Marcus Davis and Roger Huerta. i used to have a rule that they are the only ones i can do this with...but i am starting to think that i will do this for Aoki too. i mean i will admit i picked against Aoki when he fought JZ because i was using logic (funny how that turned out) but in the future i will probably just pick him no matter what. for example, if he fought JZ again i think that JZ would most likely win (55 / 45) but i would pick Aoki.

Pookie
6/20/08 12:56:00PM
I only have fighters that i will pick against regardless of the odds, none that i would pick over fedor just to say i supported them.
jiujitsufreak74
6/20/08 1:19:22PM

Posted by Pookie

I only have fighters that i will pick against regardless of the odds, none that i would pick over fedor just to say i supported them.

Pookie...what about BJ?
Pookie
6/20/08 1:26:32PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Pookie

Pookie...what about BJ?

Well yes it seems the fighters i blindly support end up being the best. The TS said bj doesnt count in one of the first posts lol.
jiujitsufreak74
6/20/08 1:28:17PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Pookie

Pookie...what about BJ?

Well yes it seems the fighters i blindly support end up being the best. The TS said bj doesnt count in one of the first posts lol.

that would explain it
89vision
6/20/08 1:29:36PM
i guess you cant pick overdogs because the thread says no matter what the odds are AGAINST THEM, which would refer to them as underdogs, which the champions BJ, Anderson, GSP, Nog, and Rampage have hardly ever been or most of the fighters people pick
Pookie
6/20/08 1:51:41PM

Posted by 89vision

i guess you cant pick overdogs because the thread says no matter what the odds are AGAINST THEM, which would refer to them as underdogs, which the champions BJ, Anderson, GSP, Nog, and Rampage have hardly ever been or most of the fighters people pick

i'd pick Bj against Pierre and Rampage against wandy.

that makes it official, my underdogs are bj penn and rampage.
gsquat
6/20/08 2:30:47PM
Rashad against anyone except Machida... So I guess that means I'd pick Machida against anyone else.
masodd
6/20/08 2:31:02PM
Chris Leben
Pages: 1 [2] 3