Fighters the UFC needs to sign.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighters the UFC needs to sign.
Taylor8766
11/12/07 2:50:05PM
With the UFC signing quite a bit of fighters this year they seem to be missing some of the best fighters out there, first off the middleweight division is depleted so why not go out and get Jason Miller, Paulo Filho, Robbie Lawler or Murilo Rua, yea I know that some of them have fought in the UFC before but still the middleweight division is in need of some serious improvement.

Now why don't they go out and get Rob McCullough, Takanori Gomi and resign Jens Pulver or at least come to talking terms with Urijah Faber to maybe persuade him to fight at the LW division.

Next what about the LHW divsion yea they just signed Shogun, but what about signing Rameau Sokoudjou, Ricardo Arona, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira or Yuki Kondo would be great additions to the LHW division.

And in the HW division why don't they go out and resign Josh Barnett, Pedro Rizzo or Ricco Rodriguez, or sign Mark Hunt, Aleksander Emelianenko, or Ben Rothwell, and yes Fedor if he would sign.

Now I'm sure that there's lots of other fighters that should be on here but these are the ones thar right now would be good additions in my opinion, now maybe the UFC is in contract negotiations, but I don't know.
grappler0000
11/12/07 3:00:38PM

Posted by Taylor8766

With the UFC signing quite a bit of fighters this year they seem to be missing some of the best fighters out there, first off the middleweight division is depleted so why not go out and get Jason Miller, Paulo Filho, Robbie Lawler or Murilo Rua, yea I know that some of them have fought in the UFC before but still the middleweight division is in need of some serious improvement.

Now why don't they go out and get Rob McCullough, Takanori Gomi and resign Jens Pulver or at least come to talking terms with Urijah Faber to maybe persuade him to fight at the LW division.

Next what about the LHW divsion yea they just signed Shogun, but what about signing Rameau Sokoudjou, Ricardo Arona, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira or Yuki Kondo would be great additions to the LHW division.

And in the HW division why don't they go out and resign Josh Barnett, Pedro Rizzo or Ricco Rodriguez, or sign Mark Hunt, Aleksander Emelianenko, or Ben Rothwell, and yes Fedor if he would sign.

Now I'm sure that there's lots of other fighters that should be on here but these are the ones thar right now would be good additions in my opinion, now maybe the UFC is in contract negotiations, but I don't know.

Zuffa already controls the contracts for Filho, McCullough, Pulver and Faber. Dana has expressed possible interest in signing Lawler again. I don't think anybody wants Rodriquez in his current state. Hunt needs to lose a few pounds first, but I think they are already talking to him. Aleks can't get into the US, from my understanding. I think Rothwell is shopping around as we speak, but I'm not sure he's quite ready for that large of a step yet. We all know Fedor isn't happening. I would like to see Rizzo make a comeback, but his next couple of fights should determine his standing.
rabbit915
11/12/07 3:04:35PM
I would like to see them sign Gilbert Melendez. I want to see if he can match up to the UFC lightweights who in my opinion are pretty stacked.
cmill21
11/12/07 3:05:24PM
JZ calvan, Aoki, Shaolin Ribero, Hellboy. Then they'd finally have a better LW div then K-1.
ohiostate1016
11/12/07 3:39:37PM
Well, some of these are good options, but some, unfortunately aren't possible.

The MW divison does need some help, but it's gonna be hard to get guys from outside orgs. Mayhem is signed to Mark Cuban's HDNet, and I think he's happy there. Filho is in the UFC's minor league, the WEC (so they can bring him up when they want). Robbie Lawler and Murilo Rua would be interesting.

McCullough, again, is signed to the WEC. I don't know if Gomi can make 155, and he may be too small for 170. Jens is happy at 145, and so is Faber.

The LHW division is stacked, but I'd still like to see Soku in the UFC. He's an up and comer, and a real talnet.

As for the HW's, I don't think that Barnett is an option. He's been in the UFC before, but it ended badly. Rizzo and Rodriguez have had their opportunites as well, but they were cut due to poor performance in the octagon. I think that Mark Hunt wants to be a kickboxer. Rothwell and Aleks are good options, and of course, I'd love to see Fedor in the UFC.

cmill21
11/12/07 3:43:41PM
Gomi has said he's not leaving Japan, so he'll be in K-1 soon. Also Soko was insulted by the UFC's offer, and has since planned on signing with K-1.
tuvok500
11/12/07 3:49:34PM
well, i really think that with Filho and lawler it would be a good start for the MW div.

as for the HW division, well, i think that they should think about antonio silva .

we have to understand that many young fighters are evolving very fast and we could be surprise by some guys that we know nothing about for the moment !!

xchickox
11/12/07 5:02:17PM
how many fights has lawler got left on his contract with elite??

and can ufc buy him out of it
Schizoidman
11/13/07 2:46:37AM
Pretty much everyone has been explained as to why they aren't going to be signed by the UFC except Aoki. I heard that he's looking for alot of money though, and I'm not sure the UFC will give it to him.
I know that Marcelo Garcia is training for MMA with Dan Henderson's camp. I hope that he has a really strong start to his career and ends up in the UFC at some point. I forget what weight class he's in. I'm assuming WW.