fighters that u had high hopes for but has disappointed you

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » fighters that u had high hopes for but has disappointed you
Next Page »
voodoo-jitsu
6/26/08 12:13:08AM
luke cumo comes to mind i thought he would be doing better
ThaAxeMurderer7
6/26/08 12:16:19AM
I agree with Luke. Not to just point out TUF contestants but I had high hopes for Stephan Bonnar and Travis Lutter as well. Stephan is lost in a crowded division and Lutter well
wolfman
6/26/08 12:18:21AM
This is funny because I'm obviously a big Cro Cop fan, but I had high hopes for Gonzaga and he's clearly been on a downward slide.
big_timmy
6/26/08 12:30:03AM
Soa Palelei

As an aussie, i had hopes that this big strong Aussie boy could push some HW's around and get some recognition, and look how well that turned out....
Mchubb316
6/26/08 12:35:02AM
I've been dissapointed with Soko. He started out like a beast, but has not looked impressive since.
bobbydoomocculta
6/26/08 12:35:09AM

Posted by big_timmy

Soa Palelei

As an aussie, i had hopes that this big strong Aussie boy could push some HW's around and get some recognition, and look how well that turned out....

HAHA... I'm feelin ya there...
wolfman
6/26/08 12:35:16AM

Posted by big_timmy

Soa Palelei

That's a good one, man did he let me down also. Seriously, I thought he was going to run through Sanchez.
telnights
6/26/08 1:20:56AM
Randy Couture - for not finishing his contract
Fedor - For not fighting top fighters for over 3 years
Hunt - For dropping off the planet
Shinya Aoki - for wearing those damn pants
Mirko Filipovic - for thinking he didn't need to train in a cage or elbows
Tito - Do I really need to explain why
Thiago Alves - for not making weight after getting caught cheating to do so not to long ago
Matt Hughes - for never beating Dennis Hallman
Any fighter that has used steroids - This list is just to long.
jiujitsufreak74
6/26/08 1:23:05AM

Posted by telnights
Shinya Aoki - for wearing those damn pants

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayhem13
6/26/08 1:31:38AM
Jorge Masvidal, I had so much hop in this kid as being one of the next big things...but as soon as he starts looking like he could be making that next step..he loses.
89vision
6/26/08 2:18:56AM
of the recent fights lost....

duane ludwig
jens pulver
soa palelei
kuniyoshi hironaka
marcus davis
brandon vera
yves edwards
joe lauzon
joachim hansen
hayato sakurai
james lee
sam stout
jeremy stephans
evan tanner
kurt pellegrino
houston alexander
din thomas
mauricio rua

even though this is a big list, i think most of them will rebound
mrsmiley
6/26/08 7:01:24AM
Mark Kerr.

The guy could of had it all.
dannyfrank
6/26/08 8:41:08AM

Posted by 89vision

jens pulver

i did think he was lost for a while, but now i think he is gonna rebound. i was impressed with how easy he beat cub swanson, and loosing to decision after going 5 rounds with urijah faber isn't something to be ashamed of
CornishMMA
6/26/08 9:40:55AM
ALAN BELCHER

but the thread title makes it sound like they can never recover and do better, he has dissapointed SO FAR but he is only 23 and can be really good in a few years

I was all over this guy once i saw his sick headkick KO of Santiago, was shocked he lost to Kendall, and even more shocked he lost to Day! The Kalib fight shows the real Belcher and I just hope we see him next time out
CornishMMA
6/26/08 9:45:43AM

Posted by 89vision

of the recent fights lost....

duane ludwig
jens pulver
soa palelei
kuniyoshi hironaka
marcus davis
brandon vera
yves edwards
joe lauzon
joachim hansen
hayato sakurai
james lee
sam stout
jeremy stephans
evan tanner
kurt pellegrino
houston alexander
din thomas
mauricio rua

even though this is a big list, i think most of them will rebound

Erm yeah thats not really on topic is it? He didnt say list all the fighters you can that have lost recently he means a prospect that didnt or hasnt yet fully accomplish/ed their full potential. But well done making a big pointless list
juanez13
6/26/08 10:48:01AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Mark Kerr.

The guy could of had it all.

Exactly, i havent seen a fighter with as much potential as he had in years.

also i'd like to add Ruslan Karev.

he had so much potential in K-1 and showed flashes of brilliance, but they rushed him to the top dogs way to quick.

also Shogun, i wanted him to dominate the UFC, damn knee injury!

and lastly, Fedor, for not signing with the UFC.
89vision
6/26/08 11:09:07AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Erm yeah thats not really on topic is it? He didnt say list all the fighters you can that have lost recently he means a prospect that didnt or hasnt yet fully accomplish/ed their full potential. But well done making a big pointless list

ahh really? i cant have high hopes for those fighters? show me where it says what you claim? oh wait it dosnt, your just being a d-bag, bravo
cowcatcher
6/26/08 11:10:04AM
melvin guillard-the guy has potential, and although im not a big fan of his attitude, everything seems to be in place for this guy physically, but his head and heart are another story.
NatedawgThaM
6/26/08 12:33:07PM
Melvin Guilllard, Krazy Horse, and Kevin Randleman- All are sickly and freakishly explosive and powerful guys. But their training method's are what has killed them. Everything else is in a beautiful place. Krazy Horse won't train period which gets me angry because he could easily challenge for a title since even though he does not train he has given some tough guys some real tough ass times. Randleman wouldn't put his career first and get to a quality camp soon enough even though he is now so he still has a shot at Gold! And Melvin just didn't train enough JJ but he is now so I think he could do some real damage in the future. SO NOT ALL IS LOST YET!!!

Shogun- I thought he was gonna destroy the UFC LHW division. But with that nagging knee injury, I'm afraid in all likelyhood, he is done.

Diego Sanchez- Was a beast until Staph had a big hand and handing him a loss against Kos, and then lost back to back with that loss to just the stronger Fitch. But his stand is at a good level and his ground game is just getting better and better so he ain't done yet, not by a long shot!
tepid55
6/26/08 12:58:02PM
Ricco Rodriguez could have been the greatest heavyweight in UFC history.
king_katool
6/26/08 1:29:26PM
Rashad evans, yes he's my fav.... i never watched TUF 2 but i did catch the finale and and when evans steped in the ring with imes i was so looking forward to a HUGE KO, then evans comes out and fights for his life i wus like damn then i didnt see him fight again till lambert, showed some skill GnP lambert for KO THEN the headkick on sean salmon is when he became my fav then it went downhill the tito fight was alright i think rashad couldve won if tito didnt grab the fence but the bisping fight completely dissapointed me and im hoping for a good outing vs liddel
Rush
6/26/08 2:38:48PM
Vitor Belfort
Mark Kerr
Ivan Salaverry
Frank Shamrock
fullerene
6/26/08 3:50:16PM
Stefan Leko
Peter Aerts
Karam Ibrahim
Kevin Jackson
Pawel Nastula
Marcelo Garcia

These guys were bringing the highest level of skill in some of the main feeder sports for MMA. But, through lack of training, motivation or ability, they weren't able to showcase what they could do andall appear to be through with MMA almost as quickly as they began (maybe Garcia will fight on).
Darnok
6/27/08 3:48:13PM
Vitor Belfort

Nuf Said
casey64
6/27/08 3:52:07PM
Houston Alexander big time.
RandyCouture
6/28/08 9:57:56AM
Evan Tanner for sure i was pumped about his comeback but didnt turn out good.
Khaos
6/29/08 2:38:43AM
Charles McCarthy

Evan Tanner

"Ricco Suave"
Tailgunner
6/29/08 11:47:00AM
It seemed like David Terrell had some great potential.
murphy_16
6/29/08 6:31:10PM
id have to say C.B dolloway

and Nate diaz has dissapointed me thought he would be higherr now not really his fault tho kinda dana white or joe smith or w.e for only giving low level fighters to go against
mrkennedy
6/30/08 4:06:43PM
Terry Martin and victor Belort
Pages: [1] 2