some fighters have headphones during their entrance music

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » some fighters have headphones during their entrance music
NineDuce
1/26/08 6:40:11PM
just a weird thing to see a fighter come out to his entrance music and is listening to something else on his headphones, i wonder why they do this, maybe to block out the crowd or maybe there paid to promote some bands, who knows its kind of silly because the entrance music is so loud theyd have to have it really loud to hear there headphones
Rush
1/26/08 6:42:06PM

Posted by NineDuce

just a weird thing to see a fighter come out to his entrance music and is listening to something else on his headphones, i wonder why they do this, maybe to block out the crowd or maybe there paid to promote some bands, who knows its kind of silly because the entrance music is so loud theyd have to have it really loud to hear there headphones

How do you know it is something else on their ipods?

I think you might have a point with blocking out the crowd.

Maybe some guys are so nervous they forget to take it off.
Twenty20Dollars
1/26/08 6:42:53PM
they can do what they want to do, i dont find it weird. its normal for some people to listen to music before big sporting events either to get them hyped or relaxed.
NineDuce
1/26/08 6:46:54PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

they can do what they want to do, i dont find it weird. its normal for some people to listen to music before big sporting events either to get them hyped or relaxed.

not complaining just kinda beats the point of entrance music sort of, maybe they should pick a song according to what you said, again i dont care dont be confused im just puttin it out there
NatedawgThaM
1/26/08 6:52:29PM
I'm thinking it's because they can't hear it over the loud crowd so they listen to the song on there Ipod's or MP3 players.
kevietre
1/26/08 6:53:27PM
They probably want to stay tuned in to the fight be 100% focused and they just have te entrance music to appeal/appear to the audience.
Twenty20Dollars
1/26/08 8:00:11PM
well their intro music can be for the fans to know someone is coming out
NineDuce
1/26/08 8:20:10PM
that makes sense if they listen to the same song or even to block out loud noises like the crowd or even the song, but the comment on letting the fans know its you by your song not many fighters always have the same song, but ultimatly i think its about focus like someone said i was just thinking maybe it could be music exposure just like any other ad's they have on their shorts etc.
FeelTheJoy
1/26/08 9:27:35PM
or they are listening to music that the crowd doesnt like like paris hilton or ashley simpson.haha but yea they prob are just listening to the same song and are just blocking out the crowd. i saw tito walking out with head phones and he was still singing the same words that were on his entrance song.
Svartorm
1/26/08 9:34:25PM
I can't speak for all, but some fighters have modivational speeches on their Ipods and when they come out, they can hear the entrance music over the headphones, but can also hear Tony Robins or whoever they're listening to on their headphones.
KeNn
1/26/08 11:47:08PM

Posted by Svartorm

I can't speak for all, but some fighters have modivational speeches on their Ipods and when they come out, they can hear the entrance music over the headphones, but can also hear Tony Robins or whoever they're listening to on their headphones.

I LOL'D
Svartorm
1/27/08 12:25:29AM

Why? I'm serious. Depending on who you ask, fighting is anywhere from 50-90% mental, and if it helps you to have your team or someone talking you up before a fight, so be it. Just watch any UFC behind the scenes and you'll see most fighters have a room full of team mates talking them up before the fight, and even down to the octagon.
NineDuce
1/27/08 1:52:55AM

Posted by Svartorm

wow, i swear i was gonna say motivational speaking cd's/tapes, hahahah you get props for saying it out loud bro hahaha
TimW001
1/27/08 2:23:15AM

Posted by FeelTheJoy

or they are listening to music that the crowd doesnt like like paris hilton or ashley simpson

Must be it.
Jackelope
1/27/08 2:46:07AM
I was thinking that they didnt want people to know they were listening to George Michael, but I guess technically the paris hilton/ashley simpson comment beat me to it haha
loller90278
1/27/08 5:57:07PM
ive been thinking of doing this if i ever get to the ufc.. for my entrance song i would have some sad depressing shit on to calm the other fighter and fans, while blasting some hardcore shit on my ipod to get pumped up.

to strategy
runningman08
6/21/09 11:18:46PM
I think they do that because it takes away the sound around them and whatever they listen to must really get them pumped. They try to get into there own little world.
RNC
6/22/09 12:16:27PM
Here's a few reasons I can think of.

They sync up their iPods with the same song being played so they can hear it more intense in their headset.

or

The UFC denies them their song of choice, which they do a lot, so they come out with it on their iPod instead.
emfleek
6/22/09 1:10:12PM

Posted by RNC

The UFC denies them their song of choice, which they do a lot, so they come out with it on their iPod instead.

Yep. Dana has the final say on entrance music.

I have no problem with it as long as they're not screaming "YES!" repeatedly (dumb, by the way) ala Diego Sanchez.
mrsmiley
6/22/09 6:38:30PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by RNC

Yep. Dana has the final say on entrance music.

I have no problem with it as long as they're not screaming "YES!" repeatedly (dumb, by the way) ala Diego Sanchez.

I would say this is a big part of it.

I know Dana said in an interview that a lot of fighters chose songs they can't get the rights to use or it's a group that's not very well known without a major label supporting them.,