Fighters That You Have No Faith In

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighters That You Have No Faith In
« Previous Page
CJsuperstar
2/10/08 8:15:16AM
Josh Haynes, Andy Wang..
jomatty
2/10/08 9:11:58AM
Joe Riggs. talk about guys with all the potential in the world, but he never puts it together in his big fights (aside from diaz). id love to see the guy get his act together but ive been wrong too many times with him agaisnt good opposition.

sakara also has let me down. im picking him against leben as i think his hands will be too good, but if he loses, it is going to be awhile before i pick him against a quality opponent again.
mrliquid
2/10/08 9:28:28AM
Danny Abbadi and Assuerio Silva he had a 32-1 when he made his ufc debut he is a big guy lots of power good ground skills but hasn't won a fight in the ufc I also think Fabiano Scherner has had some bad luck the guy is a black belt in BJJ plus a world champion in BJJ.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/10/08 11:22:55AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Bob Sapp
Jonathan Goulet

Hahahahahahha those names look funny together, but true, oh so true
Boo_Radley21
2/10/08 11:43:33AM
Ross Pointon
Kendall Grove
Mike Nickels
fedorwins1
2/10/08 11:54:35AM
James Thompson....
Pitbull09
2/10/08 6:32:37PM
Ha Terry Martin ruins all chances he gets

I might get flamed for it but Matt Serra.
backalley101
2/10/08 6:37:50PM
I say who had a lot of potential and was a let-down was The Crow. When I've first seen him fight, I was like,"That's a bad dude. Now he's just doing bad." I thought he could've been a contender. And Grove. What's going an with him? He's just getting knocked out left and right! oh yeah Riggs
iwannabesedated
2/10/08 6:39:10PM
Jason Lambert

David Heath...i think his fight against Boestch was the first time i ever picked Heath to win.

James Irvin

cmill21
2/10/08 6:39:27PM

Posted by backalley101

I say who had a lot of potential and was a let-down was The Crow. When I've first seen him fight, I was like,"That's a bad dude. Now he's just doing bad." I thought he could've been a contender. And Grove. What's going an with him? He's just getting knocked out left and right!

Grove has a weak chin IMO.
Mayhem13
2/10/08 6:40:37PM
Sean Salmon is another one.... dude has enough heart for 2 or 3 fighters....but he just cant seem to deliver when it matters most. ala Gurgel
mmadb
2/11/08 9:01:32AM
I won't repeat anyone alread mentioned in this post even though I agree with alot of them but the first one that came to my mind was Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett. I've never seen a more irratic random fighter.
gravy13
2/11/08 12:37:51PM
Elvis Sinosic.
gravy13
2/11/08 12:57:12PM
Tito as well.
Rush
2/11/08 1:07:06PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

David Heath...i think his fight against Boestch was the first time i ever picked Heath to win.

Not to single you out because almost 80% of the people here picked Heath, but why would anyone pick someone (to win) that fights with the hands at chest level and has lost his last two fights against a guy that has KOed almost all his opponenents in the first round?

Don't feel bad though. I made the same mistake with Terry Martin 4 times.
StevenSeagal
2/11/08 2:28:30PM
There are a ton of TUF guys listed here... Not a fan of the single A farm team talent that comes outta that show. Except for a well known few... But Haynes, Melvin, Gurgel, Wang, Leben (most of the time), Grove... etc..

I never really had much faith in them to lose in the first place... They were a way to give establised fighters feeder fish AND get a highly watched TV show out of it at the same time. Thats all IMO.

Hopefully the new TUF setup will avoid this can problem for the future. I think UFC caught onto this reasoning as well, thus the switch...

Every season, im like THESE CANT be the top level talent that we have in unsigned MMA... And every year im proven correct.

For establised fighters with good background in MMA as a whole that i've lost faith in, Id put Cro Cop at the top. That is really the only main establised fighter that I can think of that is on a downward spiral.

Silent-Sir
2/11/08 5:54:00PM
As much as I hate to say it, David Loiseau. The guy used to be a monster, but now it seems like he doesn't care about fighting. I've seen a couple of his fights since leaving the UFC and he just looks like he doesn't want to be there. He didn't look right going into his fight with Franklin, and he hasn't been the same since.
BlazinSaddle
2/11/08 6:16:08PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Ha Terry Martin ruins all chances he gets

I might get flamed for it but Matt Serra.

JuggaloWarrior878
2/12/08 1:03:34AM
jorge gurgel i bet 100 dollars of real money on him when he fought robinson i was positive he would win, then he got romped for two rounds that was the most aggravating fight ive had to watch.
telnights
2/12/08 1:18:11AM

Posted by Svartorm

At the moment, Gonzaga as his confidence is too shaky. Sakara is a loose cannon as well, and I've never picked a fight correctly with him in it.

I have to agree about Gonzaga this is 2 fights in arow he just seamed to break down mentally. Sakara I don't know what to make of him. One min he looks good the next he looks like a boxer trying to play a MMA fighter.
Svartorm
2/12/08 5:06:17AM

Posted by JuggaloWarrior878

jorge gurgel i bet 100 dollars of real money on him when he fought robinson i was positive he would win, then he got romped for two rounds that was the most aggravating fight ive had to watch.

If it makes you feel any better, I bet $50 or real money on Robinson to beat Diaz.
CornishMMA
2/12/08 9:55:33AM
Yeah dude that really didnt work out for us did it? I had a bit less than that on Kid but was equally upset it ruined my parlay! LOL we seemed so sure

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

Terry Martin

Yeah he's screwed me a time or two...after the Leben fight I decided i'd never pick him again.

I wish id done that!

He is one of my biggest ones, had a touch of it with Belcher losing to Grove and i really think he would beat him 9/10 now, but aside from the obvious Gurgel i cant think of many, Joe Riggs is one that they say never fought ti his potential but still did pretty good
KYGUY07
2/12/08 4:05:58PM
4 me it has to be loiseau which sucks cuz hes one of my favorites.
iwannabesedated
2/12/08 5:28:09PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Not to single you out because almost 80% of the people here picked Heath, but why would anyone pick someone (to win) that fights with the hands at chest level and has lost his last two fights against a guy that has KOed almost all his opponenents in the first round?

Don't feel bad though. I made the same mistake with Terry Martin 4 times.

Yeah well he fought Boestch and i seen he lost in the IFL before fighting in the UFC.I guess im always uncertain on picking a guy who ive never seen fight before like Boetsch..but He came out and was impressive so next time i know what he can offer.But ive never been a big believer in Heath im never certain on guys making their Octagon Debuts either...But once in awhile ill take a shot.Unless its a guy thats fought it other Orgs that im familair with.

Yeah i Picked Terry too..
JimiMak
2/12/08 5:41:38PM

Posted by fedorwins1

James Thompson....

... inspires more confidence every day. He is the ultimate class athlete and person. This is his year.
hippysmacker
2/12/08 5:53:45PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Andrei Arlovski. He hasnt looked the same since being TKO'd by Tim, and everytime he says the old Arlovski is back, and then he clearly isnt, it gets a little harder to believe we'll ever see the Pitbull again.

He's my number 1 most dissapointing fighter to watch now. It used to be win or lose he was exciting to me, but not anymore. He needs to become a Christian and train with Junaito Ibarra, ala Rampage , becuase he's another guy I thought was mentally wrecked and look at him now.
fedorwins1
2/12/08 6:45:34PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by fedorwins1

James Thompson....

... inspires more confidence every day. He is the ultimate class athlete and person. This is his year.

I will say that the fans of JT are awesome and they don't jump off if he loses they are always fans. I agree he is a class act, just saying sometimes he's unpredictable.
Kpro
2/12/08 6:47:44PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by fedorwins1

James Thompson....

I will say that the fans of JT are awesome and they don't jump off if he loses they are always fans. I agree he is a class act, just saying sometimes he's unpredictable.

James Thompson doesn't lose.

He just sometimes doesn't win.
Pookie
2/13/08 4:56:37AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by fedorwins1

James Thompson....

James Thompson doesn't lose.

He just sometimes doesn't win.

Pages: 1 [2]