Fighters That You Have No Faith In

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighters That You Have No Faith In
Next Page »
gsquat
2/9/08 4:58:27PM
Basically the MMA f#ckups of the world... who are they? Lets hear it. For me... Jorge Gurgel. He's one of those guys who has it all in their head and is probably a great instructor. But when it comes time to apply what he knows, he can't. Aside from that, anyone who loses to Jason Von Flue is not that good IMHO I've got him losing to John Halverson at 82. I don't know why so many people think he'll win. Click on his name and look at his UFC record. Losses and lame wins against less than quality opponents. Too many people on this site pick the person they're most familiar with. "Ooo, I know him! I'm picking him." Do the research, then pick.
MALICE
2/9/08 5:02:51PM
Josh Haynes!!!
gsquat
2/9/08 5:05:58PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Josh Haynes!!!

You mean "close your eyes and swing for the fences" Josh Haynes?
jiujitsufreak74
2/9/08 5:06:11PM
i totally agree that i have no confidence picking gurgel, but with that said i can''t bring myself to pick halverson either. gurgel is a known head case who has problems when it actually comes time to fight in the big arena. however, i know his experience, i have seen what he can do when he gets his head right and i have even less confidence in picking halverson. your argument goes both ways, how can you have confidence picking halverson? i mean he hasn't beat anyone that is better than gurgel and i know for a fact that he doesn't have the same skill set as gurgel. this is one of 4 fights that worry me on this card. the others being cummo and fioravanti, leben and sakara, and of course the main event.
MALICE
2/9/08 5:06:32PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by xxMALICExx

Josh Haynes!!!

You mean "close your eyes and swing for the fences" Josh Haynes?

The one and only
gsquat
2/9/08 5:11:16PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i totally agree that i have no confidence picking gurgel, but with that said i can''t bring myself to pick halverson either. gurgel is a known head case who has problems when it actually comes time to fight in the big arena. however, i know his experience, i have seen what he can do when he gets his head right and i have even less confidence in picking halverson. your argument goes both ways, how can you have confidence picking halverson? i mean he hasn't beat anyone that is better than gurgel and i know for a fact that he doesn't have the same skill set as gurgel. this is one of 4 fights that worry me on this card. the others being cummo and fioravanti, leben and sakara, and of course the main event.

Very good points. I don't have anything against people who pick Gurgel or people like him, its the reason a lot of people pick them. Just because they know them or "hope" they'll win and think that their selecting them will somehow contribute to their odds of winning. Cummo v Fioravanti is also shaky. I've got Leben getting beat in the head again before he decides its enough and knocks Sakara out. Main event... I've changed back and forth 6 times now. Spider at the moment.
Pookie
2/9/08 5:14:48PM
Terry Martin
cmill21
2/9/08 5:36:17PM

Posted by Pookie

Terry Martin

Yeah he's screwed me a time or two...after the Leben fight I decided i'd never pick him again.
Jackelope
2/9/08 5:39:46PM
I'm starting to lose all faith in Clay Guida even though I absolutely love watching the guy fight. The guy can't buy a break I swear
Svartorm
2/9/08 5:55:07PM
At the moment, Gonzaga as his confidence is too shaky. Sakara is a loose cannon as well, and I've never picked a fight correctly with him in it.
Kpro
2/9/08 5:55:09PM
Tiki Ghosn.

My faith lies in his ability to lose.
papercut
2/9/08 6:04:10PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Josh Haynes!!!

Mastodon2
2/9/08 6:11:14PM
Andrei Arlovski. He hasnt looked the same since being TKO'd by Tim, and everytime he says the old Arlovski is back, and then he clearly isnt, it gets a little harder to believe we'll ever see the Pitbull again.
MALICE
2/9/08 6:14:19PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Andrei Arlovski. He hasnt looked the same since being TKO'd by Tim, and everytime he says the old Arlovski is back, and then he clearly isnt, it gets a little harder to believe we'll ever see the Pitbull again.

AA is questionable.
ocho-cinco
2/9/08 6:38:38PM
Andy Wang.....
roger
2/9/08 6:47:22PM
david heath and Josh Haynes the only reason thay gave him a contract is cause of his family witch was nice of the UFC but time for him to go
wolfman
2/9/08 6:48:45PM

Posted by gsquat

Basically the MMA f#ckups of the world... who are they? Lets hear it. For me... Jorge Gurgel. He's one of those guys who has it all in their head and is probably a great instructor. But when it comes time to apply what he knows, he can't. Aside from that, anyone who loses to Jason Von Flue is a turd. I've got him losing to John Halverson at 82. I don't know why so many people think he'll win. Click on his name and look at his UFC record. Losses and lame wins against less than quality opponents. Too many buttholes on this site pick the person they're most familiar with. "Ooo, I know him! I'm picking him." Do the research, then pick.

While Gurgel is no Fedor of the lightweights, I think he should beat Halverson. If you look at Halverson's opponents, everyone he has beaten is virtually a complete unknown or a can. Out of his 16 wins, only three of those wins came against fighters with winning records. Anyways, while Gurgel hasn't beaten the cream of the crop, he has more octagon experience, beaten some decent fighters, and has lost to more credible fighters. So, I think YOU need to go back and do some more research before you jump to conclusion and call people "buttholes" . Go ahead and pick Halverson and prove us all wrong, but I am pretty sure that Gurgle will win this one.
cloppio
2/9/08 7:04:40PM

Posted by Pookie

Terry Martin

yeah i got no faith in him. i don't think much of his personality either. hasn't he lost 3 in a row now? his he even gonna be in the ufc anymore?
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 7:11:51PM
i find it hard to ever pick leben since anderson messed him up, even tho i picked anderson in that fight, that being said leben will beat sakara tho, hes gotten more sharp with the striking with proof to that in the terry martin fight, i hope the guy has learned from his mistakes against mcdonald, starnes and silva

i think the leben/sakara fight will never hit the ground except when sakara lands face first to the floor, lebens chin is way better with proof to this from his fight with cote and sakara throwing his fight with mcfedries. im pretty sure leben takes this no problem in the first round

anyone wanna bet there avatar?
SmileR
2/9/08 7:33:05PM

Posted by Mastodon2

You mean his first round knock out of Cruz or his schooling of Werdum or the fact that he fought to a close decision in the last Sylvia fight with a wrecked leg?!

I don't get how people have lost faith in him!

Back to the subject I'd go with Terry Martin.. He should be fantastic but he needs to get some cardio behind him before i ever pick him to win a fight.
cowcatcher
2/9/08 7:41:31PM
first name that popped in my head was gurgel, but the TS covered that, so let me add melvin guillard. for as much as his potential is talked about(ive been guilty of this too) he hasnt done ANYTHING to make me believe hes going to live up to it in a long time.
MALICE
2/9/08 7:46:41PM

Posted by cowcatcher

first name that popped in my head was gurgel, but the TS covered that, so let me add melvin guillard. for as much as his potential is talked about(ive been guilty of this too) he hasnt done ANYTHING to make me believe hes going to live up to it in a long time.

Guillard is overflowing with potential, but like you said, he hasn't showed any improvement .
SpiderSilva
2/9/08 8:09:53PM
David Lauasu "The Crow" man he was bad ass then fell off the face of the earth
Deiago Sanchez should shut his mouth and move down to 155
BlazinSaddle
2/9/08 8:21:30PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

David Lauasu "The Crow" man he was bad ass then fell off the face of the earth
Deiago Sanchez should shut his mouth and move down to 155

yeah loiseau has been tenative since rich beat him into a decision, he coulda been great but i saw his last fight with day and he looked like he didnt wanna be there its a shame he was one of my favorites but probably wont get back in the big leagues for a long time
juanez13
2/9/08 8:32:55PM
Melvin Guillard
gorge gurgel
Vitor belfort, although i am willing to take it back if i see the fire he had before
gonzaga is certantly on the down slope
heath herring, at one time it seemed like he had a promising career, but now it seems he lost the fire, and just doesnt show up prepared, but if he gets his act together, he defenately has time to make a comeback, remeber he is still young, 29.
jeremy horn, seems like he just lost the will to fight
terry martin
pete sell, he has the talent, just always comes out short one way or the other, although i still hope cathes a break (ala cote) and makes a comeback
assuerio silva

Lord_Lenny
2/9/08 8:49:44PM
Kendall Grove, one of my favorites, and an extemely talented fighter but one clean shot on him and that talent vanishes
MALICE
2/9/08 9:05:25PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Kendall Grove, one of my favorites, and an extemely talented fighter but one clean shot on him and that talent vanishes

it's starting to look that way isn't it
Manfred
2/9/08 9:54:41PM
As much as I love Shogun, I got to admit the Forrest fight was a huge disappointment. The way he gassed by round 2.

Was it the bad knee, worn out from all that honeymoon booty (who fights 3 weeks after getting married, honestly) or if he was just over-rated.

This next fight with Chuck will answer a lot. Not so much the outcome as how he fights and his cardio
Mayhem13
2/9/08 11:49:48PM
Bob Sapp
Jonathan Goulet
Rush
2/10/08 12:08:15AM

Posted by Pookie

Terry Martin

This guy has personally lost me 4 fights. The first two I picked against him and he smoked them. The second two I picked him to win and he comes out looking horrible.

Juanez had a good list.
Pages: [1] 2