Which fighters are the most disliked? (Poll + discussion)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Which fighters are the most disliked? (Poll + discussion)
Next Page »
POLL: Which fighter do you dislike most?
Rashad Evans 5% (2)
Matt Hughes 18% (8)
Michael Bisping 39% (17)
Josh Koscheck 16% (7)
Georges St Pierre 7% (3)
Chael Sonnen 16% (7)
infestructure
9/18/12 10:24:48PM
Likeable fighting style and likeable personality don't always go hand in hand, many of my favorite fighters have opened their mouths or acted in some way that makes them drop right down my list of 'liked' fighters. I'll still watch them fight, but it makes it even more exciting as they now have the possibility of getting KTFO. I also don't mean the Kalib Starnes's of the world either, they have to be slightly relevant.
So, in that vein, if there is a fighter that really grinds your gears, I want to know about it
This is not a diss thread. Be respectful in your opinions

For me, Matt Hughes takes the cake. He's arrogant and tries to force his beliefs on others, he's also overly racist and a bully. Benson Henderson is another I'm not too fond of.

Budgellism
9/18/12 10:31:30PM
Bisping and Tito. 1 is gone, I'll be just as excited when the other goes.
Aether
9/18/12 10:41:11PM
lol how is Jon Jones not in this poll?
Aether
9/18/12 10:45:57PM
To answer the question though, it's pretty rare that I dislike anyone. The only fighters that bother me are ones who use terrible gameplans. It bothers me seeing guys like Jorge Gurgel, it's just frustrating to watch. Fight to win, not to look tough.

As far as personalities go, I don't really dislike any fighters that I can think of. The one thing that really makes me dislike people more than anything is people who pretend they know what they're talking about when they clearly don't. I don't mind ignorance, but ignorance veiled as intelligence drives me nuts.
FastKnockout
9/18/12 10:46:55PM

Posted by Budgellism

Bisping and Tito. 1 is gone, I'll be just as excited when the other goes.

+1000000
grappler0000
9/18/12 11:16:37PM
You'll rarely hear me say anything bad about any fighter, but Tito and Bisping consistently irritate me.
Chael_Sonnen
9/18/12 11:19:04PM
Wanderlei
prophecy033
9/18/12 11:32:00PM
Bisping
infestructure
9/18/12 11:32:19PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Wanderlei

Is it because he said this about Chael?

He fights with his mouth. He’s not a top guy. He creates that style and looks for guys to give attention to him. But face to face, he’s like a kid. He’ll cry like a baby, man. I don’t know what kind of man can say something bad about you then say, "Hey Wanderlei, let’s shake hands." F** you man. You talked some bad things. I’m old school. You’re talking some bulls*** about me, don’t shake my hand. This guy lost respect from me. Not one fighter respects him. I don’t like his style and I hope Anderson Silva kicks his ass. I think Anderson will be knock out Chael in the third round.

He was right about everything except the finish, Chael got knocked out in the second round He never said anything inflammatory. The only thing I don't like about Wanderlei is those stupid pork pie hats.
Budgellism
9/18/12 11:34:31PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Wanderlei

You two should just fight already
tcunningham
9/19/12 12:48:46AM
rashad. i hate hearing him run his mouth, and i think he is boring to watch. i would have used to say bisping but i dont mind the guy anymore.
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/19/12 2:46:45AM
Sonnen
Poor_Franklin
9/19/12 4:18:07AM
i voted Hughes. I disliked him very much on TUF.
sparky
9/19/12 7:40:26AM
I voted Hughes

I enjoy fighters like Bisping and Sonnen the sport needs them they keep things interesting.There entertaining in and out of the cage.
JLS1980
9/19/12 8:47:02AM
I voted for Koscheck.
It was close between him and Bisping though.
Koscheck just bugs me.
ghandikush
9/19/12 9:47:15AM
Bisping Sonnen Hughes in that order..... I dont dislike them, I despise them..... Bad for the image of the sport too. How could Mir or Lesnar not take the GSP spot?

I like Kos even though he seems like a genuinely bad jocky type, but he never seemed to hurt the whole image of the sport... I like Rashad quite a bit, not a bad guy at all, just cocky and goofy..... I just thik people always hated seeing a chubby arrogant black guy come in and flatline Liddell and Forrest when Rashad never seemed the part. Sorry for the race card but this is about the only time I can imagine it applying.
aussiemma
9/19/12 9:48:27AM

Posted by infestructure

Likeable fighting style and likeable personality don't always go hand in hand, many of my favorite fighters have opened their mouths or acted in some way that makes them drop right down my list of 'liked' fighters. I'll still watch them fight, but it makes it even more exciting as they now have the possibility of getting KTFO. I also don't mean the Kalib Starnes's of the world either, they have to be slightly relevant.
So, in that vein, if there is a fighter that really grinds your gears, I want to know about it

For me, Matt Hughes takes the cake. He's arrogant and tries to force his beliefs on others, he's also overly racist and a bully. Benson Henderson is another I'm not too fond of.

not a big fan of hughes character either but when has he been overly racist ?
aussiemma
9/19/12 9:50:26AM
don't know why sonnen is on the list, everything he says is golden.
ghandikush
9/19/12 10:02:55AM

Posted by aussiemma

don't know why sonnen is on the list, everything he says is golden.

A lot of people dislike him despite how much love people have on this forum for whoever fights anderson Silva or now Jon Jones....
Chael_Sonnen
9/19/12 12:32:07PM

Posted by ghandikush

Bisping Sonnen Hughes in that order..... I dont dislike them, I despise them..... Bad for the image of the sport too. How could Mir or Lesnar not take the GSP spot?

I like Kos even though he seems like a genuinely bad jocky type, but he never seemed to hurt the whole image of the sport... I like Rashad quite a bit, not a bad guy at all, just cocky and goofy..... I just thik people always hated seeing a chubby arrogant black guy come in and flatline Liddell and Forrest when Rashad never seemed the part. Sorry for the race card but this is about the only time I can imagine it applying.

The only thing racist is your Mr. Burns like fingers hitting the keyboard.....SHUT UP already and go on vacation somewhere in the Middle East.
TeamDEY
9/19/12 12:56:43PM
Jones????????
ghandikush
9/19/12 1:47:19PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

The only thing racist is your Mr. Burns like fingers hitting the keyboard.....SHUT UP already and go on vacation somewhere in the Middle East.

My only response is

“Have you heard the things I say about him? Those are fighting words. Those are fighting words from the time I was a kid in the third grade through the time I’m a 30 year old man right now. If somebody says that about you, you must fight him. And he ducked me for six years.”

“I'd put Anderson Silva out for a year and when I'm done with that I'm gonna put GSP out for a decade.”

What really happened

Fight 1

Fight 2

You should appreciate that Chael, you obviously dont like submissions, but you LOVE ground and pound.... difference is Anderson finishes fights with his ground and pound, he doesnt dry hump and kiss his opponents while smothering pillowfists all over them

Oh yeah, who could forget this gem....

Anyway, you do talk well when youre not screaming from broken bonez.....

Anyway, better do something in the sport before you get as old as mr Burns.....
Chael_Sonnen
9/19/12 2:13:44PM
ghandikush = GOTTEN 2
ghandikush
9/19/12 2:21:09PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

ghandikush = GOTTEN TO

absolutely, Chael= gotten to 8 times by submission and 3 by Gumby.... but talks smack about other fighters hahaha

see you at the BBQ...

Again, I will post every one of Chaels many fails.... Credeurs waiting for you back at Bodog brah
thevoodooninja
9/19/12 2:24:54PM
I picked Koscheck from the list. But he's not in my top 3

Everything from his goofy hair, stupid smerky lips, to his attitude makes me want to smack the piss out of the guy
Chael_Sonnen
9/19/12 2:44:48PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

ghandikush = GOTTEN TO

absolutely, Chael= gotten to 8 times by submission and 3 by Gumby.... but talks smack about other fighters hahaha

see you at the BBQ...

Again, I will post every one of Chaels many fails.... Credeurs waiting for you back at Bodog brah

Again, thanks for playing, I LOVE THE ATTENTION

Tim got his ass kicked like you do on a daily basis by me
ghandikush
9/19/12 2:48:46PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

ghandikush = GOTTEN TO

see you at the BBQ...

Again, thanks for playing, I LOVE THE ATTENTION

Tim got his ass kicked like you do on a daily basis by me

lol at least he wouldnt get beat by Gumby if he had three tries.... I mean chance should give you a 1 in 3.......

Welcome to Kush's BBQ, population, you....

The American Tapper at work
State_Champ
9/19/12 3:04:43PM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by infestructure

not a big fan of hughes character either but when has he been overly racist ?

What the hell is "overly racist"

Is it not "any amount of racism" ?
thevoodooninja
9/19/12 5:05:07PM
Lol, I guess a little racism never hurt anyone
infestructure
9/19/12 5:12:53PM

Posted by State_Champ

What the hell is "overly racist"

Is it not "any amount of racism" ?

Haha no, I think everyone is a little racist, it's natural. As long as you judge individuals by their individual merit and not by their race.

To the other guy who asked my how Matt Hughes is racist, there are many items of evidence, plus you can tell by the way he acts and treats black people, it's obvious.
Pages: [1] 2