Which fighters would you choose

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Which fighters would you choose
FastKnockout
12/17/10 6:47:26PM
If you could make your own PPV from top to bottom with matches you'd personally like to see in each division? No matter the current fighter weight, championships, companies, records, age, etc.

(Each fighter in their prime)

(Heavyweight)

-Main Card-
Junior Dos Santos vs. Andre Arlovski (Main event)
Cain Valesquez vs. Fedor Emelianenko (Co-main)
Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
Frank Mir vs. Fabricio Werdum
Randy Couture Vs. Mirko Filipovic
-Prelims-
Todd Duffee Vs. Kimbo Slice
Cheick Kongo Vs. Gilbert Yvel
Heath Herring vs. Travis Browne
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Vs. Roy Nelson
Pat Barry Vs. James McSweeney
Stefan Struve Vs. Hong Man Choi

Fight Of The Night: Velasquez/Emelianenko
Knockout Of The Night: Junior Dos Santos
Submission Of The Night: Mir or Werdum

(Light Heavyweight)

-Main Card-
Chuck Liddell Vs. Forrest Griffin (Main event)
Quinton Jackson Vs. Tito Ortiz (Co-main)
Lyoto Machida Vs. Wanderlei Silva
Shogun Rua Vs. Vitor Belfort
Anderson Silva .Vs Rashad Evans
-Prelims-
Ryan Bader Vs. Matt Hamill
Jon Jones Vs. Marilio Rua
Dan Henderson Vs. Thiago Silva
Renato Sobral Vs. Rich Franklin
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Vs. Keith Jardine
Stephan Bonnar Vs. Jeremy Horn

Fight Of The Night: Liddell/Griffin
Knockout Of The Night: Anderson Silva
Submission Of The Night: Jeremy Horn

(MiddleWeight)

-Main Card-
Anderson Silva Vs. Michael Bisping (Main event)
Vitor Belfort Vs. Robbie Lawler (Co-main)
Chael Sonnen Vs. Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson Vs. Nate Marquardt
Chris Leben Vs. Cung Le
-Prelims-
Rich Franklin Vs. Alan Belcher
Demian Maia Vs. Gegard Mousasi
Jason Miller Vs. Mike Swick
Hector Lombard Vs. Murilo Rua
Yushin Okami Vs. Scott Smith
Rousimar Palhares Vs. Phil Baroni

Fight Of The Night: Lawler/Belfort
Knockout Of The Night: Anderson Silva
Submission Of The Night: Rousimar Palhares

(Welterweight)

-Main card-
George St. Pierre Vs. Diego Sanchez (Main event)
Dan Hardy Vs. Paul Daley (Co-main)
Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Koscheck
Thaigo Alves Vs. Anthony Johnson
Nate Diaz Vs. Mike Swick
-Prelims-
Matt Hughes Vs. Nick Diaz
BJ Penn Vs. Karo Parisyan
carlos Condit Vs. Paulo Thaigo
Chris Lytle Vs. Frank Trigg
Dong-Hyun Kim Vs. Hayato Sakurai
Din Thomas Vs. Marius Zaromskis

Fight Of The Night: Alves/Johnson
Knockout Of The Night: Paul Daley
Submission Of The Night: Din Thomas

(Lightweight)

-Main card-
Frankie Edgar Vs. Paul Taylor (Main event)
BJ Penn Vs. Jose Aldo (Co-main)
Anthony Pettis Vs. Eddie Alvarez
Ben Henderson Vs. Johnathan Brookins
Nate Diaz Vs. Donald Cerrone
-Prelims-
Sean Sherk Vs. Scott Jorgenson
Jim Miller Vs. Tyson Griffin
Kenny Florian .Vs Shinya Aoki
Roger Huerta Vs. Jeremy Stephens
Cole Miller vs. Melvin Guillard
Dennis Siver vs. Gleison Tibau

Fight Of The Night: Cerrone/Diaz or Edgar/Taylor
Knockout Of The Night: Anthony Pettis or Eddie Alvarez
Submission Of The Night: Shinya Aoki

BlueSkiesBurn
12/17/10 7:07:38PM
I can tell you this much, the LHW card gets tossed out the window for me because Tito is the co-headliner and Chuck is the headliner. I wouldn't pay money right now to see those two as the headline attractions.
postman
12/17/10 8:55:48PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I can tell you this much, the LHW card gets tossed out the window for me because Tito is the co-headliner and Chuck is the headliner. I wouldn't pay money right now to see those two as the headline attractions.

I'm not going to bash too much but I really wouldn't be intrested in any of the main events some of the co0mains are cool but all of thoes mains seem lopsided or just lame.
FastKnockout
12/18/10 3:37:36PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I said all fighters in their prime. Of course no one would pay right now with both Liddell and Ortiz on crazy losing streaks. But if Liddell/Griffin and Ortiz/Rampage all fought during their prime, it would be some amazing fights.
FastKnockout
12/18/10 3:52:53PM

Posted by postman

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm not going to bash too much but I really wouldn't be intrested in any of the main events some of the co0mains are cool but all of thoes mains seem lopsided or just lame.

The point of this post was to mention which fights I would like to see as a fan if I was given the chance to make my own PPV card by division. It's just fantasy match-ups. Of course I know fights like Dos Santos/Arlovski, GSP/Diego, and Edgar/Taylor wouldn't happen right now, these are just fights I'd personally love to see. Also remember I mentioned I'd love to see these fights while each fighter was in their prime.

It can be argued that Dos Santos and Arlovski are two of the strongest strikers to come out of the Heavyweight division. If both fighters fought in their prime, I'm sure there would be fireworks and almost 100% certain it would end in a knockout.

Liddell/Griffin would be nothing but violence in their primes. Both love to brawl, and wouldn't shy away from each other. If Liddell didn't KO him, Griffin would give him one hell of a war. Not to mention you have the storyline of teacher vs. student from back during TUF 1.

Anderson Silva and Michael Bisping, nothing special here. I'd just love to see Bisping get outclassed on all levels then knocked out.

St. Pirre and Sanchez would just be a great fight to watch, both on the ground and on the feet. GSP would win, but Sanchez would make it fun to watch.

Edgar and Taylor would be my personal favorite out of all the main card match-ups. If you haven't seen Taylor, don't let his record fool you. He's a tough kid with lots of heart, and almost all of his losses have ended with the Fight Of The Night award. His issue is that the UFC usually puts him up against wrestlers with size advantage, and Taylor would rather brawl. I think both Edgar and Taylor would be best suited at 145.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/18/10 3:57:20PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I said all fighters in their prime. Of course no one would pay right now with both Liddell and Ortiz on crazy losing streaks. But if Liddell/Griffin and Ortiz/Rampage all fought during their prime, it would be some amazing fights.

Okay, I'll edit. The LHW card, for me, gets thrown out the window because plenty of fighters on that card never had a prime at 205.

Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Keith Jardine, Matt Hamill, & Ryan Bader.

Jon Jones has never had a prime at 205 either, but he's really exciting to watch. I suppose you could say the same about Anderson, but since you have him fighting Rashad Evans, someone I think has severe issues when it comes to getting hit, I don't see that as an exciting fight.

I'm not a Tito fan, either.

If I had to pick, I always go with the big boys. HW for me.
ncordless
12/18/10 6:40:08PM
Umm, HWs I guess, but that undercard for them is probably the worst of them all. Also, I'd wonder why the co-main event was such a much more important fight than the main event (Prime Fedor v. Cain is what people are going to be talking about for years).

If the match ups were right, I'd rather see a card full of LWs, but I would refuse to buy a ticket to something headlined by such a mismatch as Edgar v. Taylor.

Here is a LW card I would like to see.
Edgar v Alvarez
Maynard v. Dunham
Soitoropolis v. J. Miller
Pettis v. Gomi
Sherk v. Melendez

Undercard
Florian v Cerrone
Guida v Olivera
Aoki v Ben Henderson
Guillard v Sanchez
Stephens v Barboza
Siver v Stout

I'd sell body organs to watch that card.