Fighters out of character?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fighters out of character?
mikevolz
7/26/08 2:28:59PM
Focus: What are some famous moments or fights in which fighters come out of character, either getting angry or coming out of their normal reserve state? (include videos if you can)

1st one that comes to mind is fedor watching aleks getting ko'd

Fedor Backstage Angry

The 2nd one is Bas Rutten vs Jason Delucia fight

Most Painful Ko ever

can anyone think of some others?
casketcoin
7/26/08 2:58:09PM
Very good subject.I really liked the Fedor video never seen that before .I liked that insane stare he was giving when he was watching the fight...

By the way....watching Forrest cry after Jardine..just for some reason never thought that guy cried
I'm sure i will think of more later
Cdellorso
7/26/08 2:59:16PM
you beat me to it- forrest saying i just got KTFO-- tears... lol good one.
balack_o-bama
7/26/08 3:03:05PM
No clue where to find this video but.....

GSP and Matt Hughes were arguing backstage.

Gsp said something like, "you were talking shit on me first."

And of course they were going back and forth.
Khaos
7/26/08 3:22:14PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

No clue where to find this video but.....

GSP and Matt Hughes were arguing backstage.

Gsp said something like, "you were talking shit on me first."

And of course they were going back and forth.

From UFC 63?, if thats what your talking about, GSP was apologizing, saying he thought Matt was talking trash.

It's on the UFC 63 DVD, part of the specil features
juanez13
7/26/08 3:48:12PM
1 Forrest when he broke the door in TUF when Page said there fight wouldnt go to a decision.

2 Andrei Arlovski laying down the smack talk about Sylvia when asked how he felt about Tim dating his Ex, he responded it wasnt his business, but if they were dating he asked Tim how taste his pee pee.....never expected AA to say something like that.
link to interview

cmill21
7/26/08 3:49:26PM
Cro Cop crying after he won the OWGP...I didn't think he had tear ducts, or emotion for that matter lol.
Jackelope
7/26/08 4:09:40PM
Honestly the whole Chute Boxe vs. Hammer House deal was pretty big on both sides. Obviously Hammer House has some angry people in it, but to see the way Chute Boxe blew up was kind of surprising. Talk about the team back in the day you didn't want to piss off!!
juanez13
7/26/08 4:16:47PM
Also After Baroni's recent win, he got head butted by some guy (think it was the fighter's brother) and Baroni didnt do anything about it, I would have thought Baroni would have ripped the guy's head off.

Also a bit surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but Page's actions after he lost to forrest, never would have thought Rampage would do such things.
kopower
7/26/08 4:41:58PM
This might not be too much out of character but when Kos beat Diego and kept yelling about his one loss. Diego did not look happy for obvious reasons and Kos kept yelling it out. That put a huge smile on my face
mikevolz
7/26/08 9:24:06PM
Another good one i thought of worth mention would have to be rampage vs. randleman

The action starts at 5 minutes in
Jackelope
7/27/08 12:08:50AM

Posted by mikevolz

Another good one i thought of worth mention would have to be rampage vs. randleman

The action starts at 5 minutes in

LOL without even watching that video I know what you're talking about! That's what happens when you threaten Rampage's bread!
emfleek
7/27/08 12:15:15AM
Randy Couture swearing at Chuck Liddell backstage after Chuck/Randy 2. I can't believe no one mentioned this yet.

INSTANT CLASSIC
postman
7/27/08 12:54:23AM

Posted by emfleek

Randy Couture swearing at Chuck Liddell backstage after Chuck/Randy 2. I can't believe no one mentioned this yet.

INSTANT CLASSIC

I hate you
DoTheMMAth
7/27/08 1:30:17AM

Posted by emfleek

INSTANT CLASSIC

Dear lord... please turn off the internets forever...
Sam_Rothstein
7/27/08 1:32:45AM
jeez rick rolling on mma playground?

you could of at least used the legit rick roll video, that dudes some imposter who got 8 million ideas off copying the idea

bojangalz
7/27/08 12:00:29PM

Posted by mikevolz

Focus: What are some famous moments or fights in which fighters come out of character, either getting angry or coming out of their normal reserve state? (include videos if you can)

1st one that comes to mind is fedor watching aleks getting ko'd

Fedor Backstage Angry

The 2nd one is Bas Rutten vs Jason Delucia fight

Most Painful Ko ever

can anyone think of some others?

I'd never seen either of these before. I'd seen the Bas highlights from that fight, but never the commentary. Well done.

I love Fedor, he's so stoak. I'm sure he's raging inside, but you'd never know it. I probably look more pissed off than that when my cereal gets soggy. Talk about having your emotions in check.
mikevolz
7/27/08 2:06:16PM
How could anyone forget this