UFC fighters you think are the next big thing

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC fighters you think are the next big thing
POLL: Prediction for the next great LHW fighter? (new)
Jon Jones 26% (8)
Ryan Bader 19% (6)
Luis Cane 32% (10)
Steve Cantwell 3% (1)
Soszynski 3% (1)
other 16% (5)
seanfu
7/9/09 7:38:26PM
I mean mostly newcomers, but also if there is a vet that is an odd pick Ithrow him in.

LW- Frankie Edgar (my odd vet pick right away), Maynard, Escudero.- I think these three can eventually hang with anyone out there.

WW- Don't really have one for newcomers, but Hazelett I think will be a good Rich Franklin of the division someday approaching.

MW- none

LHW- Jon Jones, undeniably talented, I think a Diego/Faber for the division athletically and daring wise.
Steve Cantwell- I think he'll make a top tier run.
Ryan Bader- I think this guy is future champ. Period.

HW- the good ones already made their impressions.
Pookie
7/9/09 7:54:57PM
LW - Edgar, Terry Etim(not the next big thing, 5 or 6 years away from his prime)

WW - Brock Larson, Carlos Condit, i would say kampmann but i think hes peaked in ability.

MW - Rousimar Palhares, Akiyama, Gouveia

LHW - Shogun! Cane, Vera, Drwal, Sosynski

HW - JDS, Cain.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/9/09 11:59:26PM
LW: Tyson Griffin, Gray Maynard, Frankie Edgar, and Terry Etim

WW: Dong Hyun Kim, Dustin Hazelett, Anthony Johnson, TJ Grant and John Hathaway

MW: Rousimar Palhares, Goran Reljic, Yoshihiro Akiyama

LHW: Luiz Cane, Eliot Marshall, Jon Jones, and Krzysztof Soszynski

HW: Shane Carwin, Junior Dos Santos, and Cain Velasquez
Wallass
7/10/09 12:01:26AM
Lightweight: Gray, Edgar, Etim
Welterweight: Hazeltt, Johnson
Middleweight: Roussimar,
Lightheavyweight: Cane, Bader, Sosynski
Heavyweight: Juion, Carwin,
emfleek
7/10/09 9:16:17AM
I like the possibilities of Ben Saunders being a force to be reckoned with.
cowcatcher
7/10/09 9:40:53AM

Posted by emfleek

I like the possibilities of Ben Saunders being a force to be reckoned with.

im buying what youre selling
DJSyko
7/10/09 9:55:38AM
Jon 'Bones' Jones is the biggest prospect by far IMO, that guy is just pure awesomeness and he has only been fighting for just over a year and is only 21.

Luis Cane wont amount to much IMO, he is good with out a doubt, i just dont think he will improve that much in his career. Also His fight with Cantwell wasnt like 'Wow he is great fighter' either.
cowcatcher
7/10/09 10:09:55AM

Posted by DJSyko

Jon 'Bones' Jones is the biggest prospect by far IMO, that guy is just pure awesomeness and he has only been fighting for just over a year and is only 21.

Luis Cane wont amount to much IMO, he is good with out a doubt, i just dont think he will improve that much in his career. Also His fight with Cantwell wasnt like 'Wow he is great fighter' either.

i agree that jones looks really impressive so far and has a really high ceiling. i think cane is tough as nails though. the guy has a bad attitude when he steps into the cage and is a fighters fighter that can give anyone problems. dont forget that cantwell is extremely talented and young as well and i thought that both guys proved that they have what it takes to stick around in a crowded LHW division. i dont think cantwell gets the love he deserves, this kid has a shot at being something special.
DJSyko
7/10/09 10:17:59AM
QUOTE]i agree that jones looks really impressive so far and has a really high ceiling. i think cane is tough as nails though. the guy has a bad attitude when he steps into the cage and is a fighters fighter that can give anyone problems. dont forget that cantwell is extremely talented and young as well and i thought that both guys proved that they have what it takes to stick around in a crowded LHW division. i dont think cantwell gets the love he deserves, this kid has a shot at being something special.

Yeah i forgot to mention that actually, Cantwell is another great prospect also and is still only 22 and i actually believe he will go on to be better than Cane. But I still think Jones is the man though, they way he dominated Bonnar like he did, at his age and experience can only mean great things IMO.
Amigop
7/11/09 1:46:17AM
LW-Maynard
WW-i dont think he is still a prospect but kappman or maybe AJ
MW: Goran Reljic all the way. as soon as he gets his next fight in the uffc
LHW-Bader, gotta show love to my ASU guy
HW: Pat Barry, i think he learned alot in his last fight