Fighters most NOT afraid to get hit

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fighters most NOT afraid to get hit
« Previous Page | Next Page »
mrliquid
3/21/08 3:26:55PM
Hunt
Cabbage
Leben
Nick Diaz
Shamrock in his first fight with Tito his face was bloody and bruised and he was still comin at him
and ima throw in Karo i've seen him go 3 rounds gettin hit and still trying to KO a guy
AchillesHeel
3/21/08 3:40:41PM
"most not"? It took me a second to parse that.

And yeah, Mark Hunt was the first name that popped into my head.
tylerlee123
3/21/08 9:44:53PM
Cabbage's fight with Sylvia was just SICK and Leben isnt afraid to get either !
telnights
3/22/08 3:44:32AM
The truth is that if your a fighter thats scared to get hit then I'm betting your not a very good fighter. Because just training your going to get hit a lot and its K because it makes you a better fighter in the end. Most people don't make it to the higher levels of MMA being afraid to get hit. Now is there some fighters that have good chins yes but thats doesn't make the fighters with bad chins afraid of getting hit.
hippysmacker
3/22/08 4:29:16AM
Please don't ask which fighters are afraid to get hurt again, We had 3 separate topics on it, and all just led to fighter bashing, flaming and so forth. It may not be known to many , but we have a lot of fighters who are members who are are quick to point out any fighter bashing, even on fighters they don't personally like. So lets avoid any invitations to it from now on ya'll.
Pookie
3/22/08 4:42:03AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Please don't ask which fighters are afraid to get hurt again, We had 3 separate topics on it, and all just led to fighter bashing, flaming and so forth. It may not be known to many , but we have a lot of fighters who are members who are are quick to point out any fighter bashing, even on fighters they don't personally like. So lets avoid any invitations to it from now on ya'll.

haha so true... unfortunately
skinnator
3/22/08 11:02:56AM
What about Keith Jardine. He is a real Brawler
telnights
3/22/08 7:25:16PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Yeah I fixed my post I can see how it could go down that road. But I still think they could have used a better word other than afraid.
Violence108
3/22/08 7:42:10PM
Chris Leben
Chuck Liddell
Hector Remirz(spelling??)
Forrest Griffen
Wanderia Silva
Big Nog
Jackelope
3/22/08 10:41:05PM
Clay Guida
Drew McFedries
Robbie Lawler

To name some lesser known names that I haven't seen yet.
hodge
3/25/08 9:36:46AM
Wandys chin is the best ive seen the shots he took off Liddell were insane
Big Nogs aswell when he fought Cro Cop At Final conflict 03
cmb19932
7/9/08 7:18:45PM
oh ya cabbage has a head filled with rocks and shit forgot bout that interveiw haha i love cabage he so stupid
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/9/08 7:28:07PM
although i dont like him... jorge gurgel always stands up regardless of his JJ background.
eyeforeigneye
7/9/08 7:49:41PM
Urijah Faber
Miguel Torres
Thiago Alves
big_timmy
7/9/08 8:56:36PM

Posted by skinnator

What about Keith Jardine. He is a real Brawler

Yeah, see how hard he was brawlin all over the floor against Wandy...

But one word comes to mind, FORREST!!!

Sickest.Dude.Ever.

But i think dudes like cabbage and leben just find it more irritating that they get hit, as its really like mozzies just buzzing around there giant bonces.
jiujitsufreak74
7/9/08 9:29:41PM
Wanderlei Silva, hands down. he is never afraid to get hit and goes into the ring/cage to put on a great show. he has never backed down against any opponent and his aggressive style is complimented well with his inability to fear getting hit.

also Mark Hunt, who can forget when he threw his hands down against Sefo and yelled at him to hit him clean in the face. nothing tops that imo. i mean when you tell a K-1 star to hit you clean in the face, it doesn't get any better than that.
EON
7/9/08 10:14:47PM
I think I'd like to change the question to who is the most resilient fighter, that way its more than just taking punches than it is taking damage overall and getting back into the cage/ring after serious beatings.
cmill21
7/9/08 10:26:08PM
Mark Hunt /thread. He doesn't care if your Cro Cop, Sefo, LeBanner or Wand, he knows you can't hurt him
jiujitsufreak74
7/9/08 10:29:27PM

Posted by cmill21

Mark Hunt /thread. He doesn't care if your Cro Cop, Sefo, LeBanner or Wand, he knows you can't hurt him

exactly, the man dropped his hands and yelled at REY SEFO (for those of you who don't know him, watch K-1 please) to punch him square in the face with his hardest shots IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR FIGHT!!!! i mean c'mon, you just can't top that. nothing in my mind trumps that moment in terms of who is the least afraid to get hit.
jawbreaker517
7/9/08 10:40:13PM
forrest griffin, rampage, leben, guida, silva
bobbydoomocculta
7/9/08 11:07:23PM
Elvis Sinosic loves punishment... Or at least does a damn good job of hiding the fact that he doesn't love it....
blkssncpt
7/9/08 11:43:34PM
Wandy
Liddell
Cabage
Hunt
Garcia
Huerta
Leben
Forrest

im sure there are many more that have already been mentioned so i leave it at these.

Edit: almost forgot about TK, he took so much punishment from Hunt in their fight.

-Rob
RNC
7/10/08 1:19:59AM
Wandy
Forrest
Cabbage
Leben
Spencer Fisher
gsquat
7/10/08 9:54:24AM
LIDDELL? Chuck is probably quite afraid of being hit. Thats why he's a counter-striker.

The number one fighter not afraid of being hit is Chris Leben. In fact he relies on it to get him going. Several examples can be cited to prove this...

I'll give Cabbage the runner up position. I'm not sure whether or not he's afraid of being hit, but he does get hit a lot.
JBatch
7/10/08 10:11:06AM
Leben actually uses his getting hit as a weapon and that is F***in nuts man. Hunt is an animal and I am not sure if he is right in the head I watched his fight with Sefo after JJFreak said to check it out and the guy is also nutso. My top 5 in order would be.

1 Chris Leben "I got a button on my nose when you hit it my left hand shoots out."
2 Mark Hunt - He has stood in there with World class strikers and will actually mock their punching power.
3 Nick Diaz - Also taunts his opponents striking ability and will stand in the pocket whenever.
4 Cabbage- Not sure if he is just to slow or what but he has taken his fair share of shots and keeps commin forward.
5 Takanori Gomi- Loves to throw his hands and has faith that his hand will KO you before his chin gives way.
Mastodon2
7/10/08 4:10:55PM

Posted by cmill21

The way Hunt couldnt fight after the second round of their 3rd meeting says otherwise

Hunt said after his 4 awesome battles with Le Banner, that "Each fight took 10 years off my life". Probably not far wrong!
urbman
7/10/08 5:41:36PM
griffin--wanderlei--leben, are some of the guys who come to mind..
Franklinfan47
7/10/08 5:48:09PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Rampage
Henderson
Hunt
Big Nog
Fedor
Forrest
Leban
Cote
Guillard