fighters you'd like to see move to wec

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » fighters you'd like to see move to wec
Naturaldisaster
7/9/08 1:12:38AM
what are some fighters who are struggling in ufc that you would like to see move to wec for a while?
I'd say Houston alexander
Kendall Grove (if he loses another fight),
marcus davis (he needs to get a ground game),
Jorge Gurgel,
Chris Lytle (not really struggling but I dont think he could beat the top ww fighters),
Corey Hill (he's not ready for the ufc competition yet)
Josh Burkman,
Marvin Eastman (he gets KO'd to much in ufc)
Jason Lambert

holt8081
7/9/08 1:35:09AM
Ya the two jokers for the TUF show CB and Jesse
EON
7/9/08 4:00:12AM
You should be able to do multi-league matches (only since its all zuffa anyway) WEC fighters should fight with UFC fighters more often
jiujitsufreak74
7/9/08 4:10:10AM
Davis has a ground game. he pulled off a very impressive armbar over Paul Taylor and has worked intensely on his ground game for 3 years straight. he lost to Mike Swick who is a top fighter imo, and i think there are plenty of other fighters at WW that deserved to be demoted way before him. the man was on an 11 fight win streak for christ's sake.
Naturaldisaster
7/9/08 5:05:35AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Davis has a ground game. he pulled off a very impressive armbar over Paul Taylor and has worked intensely on his ground game for 3 years straight. he lost to Mike Swick who is a top fighter imo, and i think there are plenty of other fighters at WW that deserved to be demoted way before him. the man was on an 11 fight win streak for christ's sake.

but now that he's fighting the better competition I think he'll be outclassed
MMAcca
7/9/08 3:19:29PM
Corey Hill shows promise, maybe a good run in the WEC will do him good
mrkennedy
7/9/08 3:28:49PM
hill
gurgel
riddle

moving up in the ufc:
brian stann
donald cerone
micah miller(he is a featherweight and he is the bother of cole miller)
fullerene
7/9/08 3:31:11PM
I can see where that original list is coming from, but I can't really get excited about guys who are struggling at the end of their careers stepping down in competition. The people I would be excited to see are guys who I think would fight better at the lighter weight classes. In other combat sports the 135-145 pound range is one of the most competitive there is and I think it could be in MMA, too. Guys like Gurgel and Pulver should really be fighting there for that reason and, if they hit a wall at 155, Franca, Edgar and others could probably make that move as well.
7/9/08 4:05:43PM
Rich Franklin should move to the WEC and fight for the Middle Weight belt.
I think as long as he is in the UFC he is in Limbo.
chickmagnet
7/9/08 5:12:01PM
Jason Lambert
Melvin Guillard
Corey Hill
Chris Lytle
Frankie edgar @ 145(he would be a huge test for Uriah)
mrkennedy
7/9/08 6:36:06PM
i will like to see condit in the ufc and war machine in the wec
jiujitsufreak74
7/9/08 9:11:05PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

but now that he's fighting the better competition I think he'll be outclassed

yeah but at least let him get hat chance. he lost only once out of his last 12 fights, so i don't think he should even be in the discussion for demotion to the WEC. that is all i was trying to say. and don't doubt Marcus just yet.
mrkennedy
7/10/08 12:17:02AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

what are some fighters who are struggling in ufc that you would like to see move to wec for a while?
I'd say Houston alexander
Kendall Grove (if he loses another fight),
marcus davis (he needs to get a ground game),
Jorge Gurgel,
Chris Lytle (not really struggling but I dont think he could beat the top ww fighters),
Corey Hill (he's not ready for the ufc competition yet)
Josh Burkman,
Marvin Eastman (he gets KO'd to much in ufc)
Jason Lambert

agree with all but davis dont need a ground game his ground game is very good half of his win is by sub.