FIGHTER WITH WORST BOXING SKILLS????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » FIGHTER WITH WORST BOXING SKILLS????
POLL: Worst boxer in MMA?
Giant Silva 42% (20)
Eldari Kurtanidze 13% (6)
Pe de Pano 27% (13)
Akebono 19% (9)
Stickan
1/31/07 9:29:41PM
just curious
Hangton
1/31/07 9:36:12PM
Yet i hope i never see an Eldari fight again i would have to say he has the worst technical boxing.
Svartorm
1/31/07 9:36:23PM
Hands down, Dan Severn. After all this time in MMA, he still throws weak arm punches that look more like slaps than anything.
hippysmacker
1/31/07 9:58:09PM
Pe De Pano . Hands down.
MonkeyPus
1/31/07 10:24:20PM
Matt Hamill is a contender for this honour.
slammadowg
1/31/07 11:43:52PM
Giant silva for sure. I just want to slap him when he walks in with like a windmill attack, of course i wouldnt because the bastard is huge.
ChicagoCobra
2/1/07 12:03:49AM
Sean Salmon should be on there. His boxing skills were horrible against Rashad.
Gerber4LIFE
2/1/07 12:19:51AM
Definetly Arlovski, he got knocked out by sylvia.
crimethinc
2/1/07 1:48:22AM
I hope this a joke and just a dig at Tim Sylvia.
aceprone
2/1/07 1:50:26AM
Hermes Franca can contend.
mrsumo
2/1/07 1:56:01AM
Why would you put my man Akebono on this pole? Of course he has the worst boxing skills on the list. It makes me sad the way he is being exploited in those Japanese productions. He is only fighting in K1 and others for the money. They take a guy without a job, throw a gross amount of money at him and say "here, put on this skirt and jump through the the hoop." His name fills arenas. But a mma'ist he is not. Change the poll to who could push anyone out of a small ring, and he will be on top. I hope the man makes enough money to retire where he belongs.
amik
2/1/07 5:23:14AM
CHAD ROWAN ONLY SLAPS OPPONENTS. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

With HIS STYLE OF STRIKING HE DOES NOT NEED GLOVES .

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rampage_Soldier
2/1/07 2:31:58PM
Heath Herring when he fought Jake O'Brian on FN8. That looked like a Heath Herring imposter that only looked like him and nothing else. Redeem yourself, Heath!
fedorwins1
2/1/07 3:56:10PM
Its a dead even tie between Giant Silva and Akebono.

Who will win to be crowned the fighter with the worst boxing skills?
allevil86
2/1/07 4:00:59PM
When I see giant fight his striking makes me wanna puke so i'll go with him
pv3Hpv3p
2/1/07 4:10:12PM

Posted by Svartorm

Hands down, Dan Severn. After all this time in MMA, he still throws weak arm punches that look more like slaps than anything.

I know he's a pioneer of the sport and all, but I have to agree with you. I think he had ample opportunity to excelerate his game, just chose not to. I'll still give him props for getting in there year after year (got to be around 50 by now?) and giving young kids a chance to roll with a legend.
JunCTion
2/2/07 1:49:29AM
the gracies early on when they would hold their hands up and actually think they were making their opponent think that they were actually going to box. although renzo didn't look so bad in pride17.
Svartorm
2/2/07 4:58:31AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Svartorm

I know he's a pioneer of the sport and all, but I have to agree with you. I think he had ample opportunity to excelerate his game, just chose not to. I'll still give him props for getting in there year after year (got to be around 50 by now?) and giving young kids a chance to roll with a legend.

Oh, I like Dan, but at what point in a 12 year MMA career spanning 90 fights, do you think "Maybe I should take a boxing class."

Guys like Akebona and Giant Silva physically cannot become good strikers. They're too large and uncoordinated, but Dan has no excuse for not taking the time to learn at least a decent one-two combo. Watching him fight Kimo in Pride was only slightly less painful then watching him fight Ken Shamrock in their spectacular rematch.
madmarck
2/6/07 9:16:32AM

Posted by Gerber4LIFE

Are you for real dude? Worst Boxing AA? He went toe to toe with Pedro Rizzo for almsot 15 minutes.
pv3Hpv3p
2/6/07 6:32:03PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Gerber4LIFE

Are you for real dude? Worst Boxing AA? He went toe to toe with Pedro Rizzo for almsot 15 minutes.

I think Gerber was being sarcastic (I hope), or just trolling...
We_Todd_Did
2/7/07 2:32:31AM
On the poll,Giant Silva,but how good do ya expect his boxing to be?Other than his size,he is certainly no physical specimen AND he has to carry around all that bulk.
The worst boxer or even stand up fighter EVER in MMA,I think,has to be Oleg Taktarov.I mean,the guy literally had NO standup skills...at all.Not even defensively.His attempts at punching could barely even be classified as punches and they never landed,his blocking involved ducking his head and slapping the air coupled with grabbing his own face,and his only saving grace on his feet was that he could take a massive beating.I know,another pioneer of the sport,but I think his boxing was even below what many average,untrained guys off of the street could have done.
ufcisbeast101
2/9/07 6:05:25PM
Pe De Pano
teamquestnorth
2/9/07 6:54:34PM
all gracies except for renzo, kimo, charuto verrisimo, matt hughes, cal worsham, john hess, severn, emanuel yarborough, pe da pano
cowcatcher
2/9/07 6:55:56PM
my 10 year old neice or pe de pano----toss up
EEKS
2/21/07 2:42:25PM
I agree with Monkeyous, wheres matt hamill?
hathcock32
2/21/07 3:49:18PM
Royce Gracie.......Pe de pano is pathetic....
ButterBalls
10/23/07 11:07:29PM
Although Giant Silva is #1 without a doubt, I can't believe nobody mentioned Jason Von Flue!!!
Manfred
10/24/07 5:52:47AM

Posted by Gerber4LIFE

So have 2/3'rds of Syvia's opponants. LINK
And in their first fight, AA practically KO'd Sylvia (Which is why he got the heel hook) 7 of Andrei's 11 wins have been from (T)KO's. That doesn't equal bad boxing skills.

I think Shafer's is pretty bad, but from the list it's prob. Pe de Pano

RMFG_187
10/27/07 3:15:44AM
Now I Love This Guy, But he cant strike for SHIT, still one of the best to ever enter the octagon.

Royce Gracie

BTW- dont be a hater he is definatly in my Top 5 Favorite, but he has NO STAND UP, besides dumb kicks that never hit, and hands that are only there for show.
Mastodon2
10/27/07 7:13:47AM
Hmmm, I voted for Eldari, but on second thought, I would have voted for Giant Silva. He is just terrible, he strikes as if he has never seen another guy throw a punch. He is absolutely terrible.

Best boxing goes to Sergei Kharitonov, he was part of the Russian Navy boxing squad, and it shows. Watching him dismantle Pedro Rizzo in about 2 minutes is just amazing!