Fighter(s) you wanted to win but didnt (ended with a finish)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fighter(s) you wanted to win but didnt (ended with a finish)
POLL: most disappointing
Cro Cop VS Gonzaga 32% (10)
GSP VS Serra 23% (7)
Couture VS Liddell 2 6% (2)
Penn VS Hughes 2 10% (3)
Joe Son VS Hackney 10% (3)
other 19% (6)
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 9:26:12PM
which fighter(s) did you really want to win but couldnt pull through (no decisions)

Penn VS Hughes 2 ..was disappointing, Penn was injured in round 2 and 3 preventing a win
kevietre
3/25/08 9:32:26PM
Recently off the top of my head:

Pete Sell vs. Nate Quarry
Tanner vs. Okami
Pookie
3/25/08 9:38:40PM
guida vs. huerta comes to mind.
cmill21
3/25/08 9:41:07PM
Wonder who I picked lol.
SmileR
3/25/08 9:43:26PM
Arlovski Vs Sylvia 2!
Andrei came out swinging an got clipped by a uppercut and it was lights out from there! My heart broke that night!

On a side note i can't believe thats not on the poll!!

WhiteWidow
3/25/08 9:45:11PM

Posted by SmileR

Arlovski Vs Sylvia 2!
Andrei came out swinging an got clipped by a uppercut and it was lights out from there! My heart broke that night!

On a side note i can't believe thats not on the poll!!

your not going to believe me but i almost put it up there, it was disappointing to me anyway...
jae_1833
3/26/08 12:54:25AM
It was me..... I'm a Chuck Hater!!!!
Kpro
3/26/08 1:01:53AM
Tanner vs. Okami
Diaz vs. Noons
ChokeUout
3/26/08 1:02:45AM
I don't UNderstand how you came up with the options for that poll. I don't think you can limit this question to 5 or 6 options. Oh well...

I think the guy who mentioned Guida/Huerta hit the nail on the head. I was pulling for Guida because he got screwed in the Griffin and THomas fights. He was dominating and got caught. I felt so bad for him, cause Huerta could have afforded a loss more than Guida could have. If this could hav eincluded decisions though, I'd have taken Hammill/Bisping, but that's neither here or there.

BTW, it irritates me whenever I see people make excuses for the Penn/Hughes 2 fight. BJ got hurt, SO WHAT? It's a fight, people get hurt, that's the name of the game. You could see by looking at BJ (and his beer belly) he wasn't in very good shape (compared to the way he looks now, anyways). The better shape your in, the less likely you are to get injured in your fight. It was nobody's fault but BJ's that he got hurt.

I'm not attacking you personally, so I aplogize if it looks that way. But I've seen that excuse for BJ in that fight several times on several different sites, and I needed to get that off my chest
John_Jobber
3/26/08 1:07:28AM
CC v. Gonzaga

Absolute shock and utter disbeief.

NatedawgThaM
3/26/08 1:42:19AM
-BJ/Joe, learned to never bet against BJ
-Chuck/Tito, yeah he was losing but damn that ref for the early stoppage!
-Chuck/Babalu
-Shogun/Forrest, now people think Shogun sucks or was on steroids in PRIDE which is completely ridiculous.

Gladiator
3/26/08 1:42:42AM
Seeing Rich go down the way he did in the second fight with silva was tough. The first fight was rough to watch but the second one was just sad, he put everything he had into it and it wasnt even close... glad to see he is still fighting though
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/26/08 11:12:24AM
it was prolly mostly due to the hype surrounding the fight, but i was DEEPLY upset Soko got handled the way he did by Machida
Rush
3/26/08 11:39:10AM
I can pick three out of the list provided, no problem.

There are a bunch of others too.
p_unit23
3/26/08 12:25:12PM
i think cro cop getting knocked out. my buddy told me and i didnt believe him until i watched it on espn or something. i was like WTF!?!
cowcatcher
3/26/08 12:37:23PM
CC easily for me. the thing that really chapped my ass about it was that the fights werent aired live and i went to sherdog to use the fighter finder before the event aired in the us and saw the headline about CC being shocked by GG so the winner wasnt a mystery to me. seeing who won the fight early was almost as bad as seeing how it happened when i watched the PPV that night.
tylerlee123
3/26/08 4:25:09PM
When Liddell fought Jackson the second time. He threw that Lazy body punch and got taged by Jackson and Big John Mcarthy was on top of Liddell, the look on Liddell's face, it sucked
Pookie
3/26/08 4:26:09PM

Posted by tylerlee123

When Liddell fought Jackson the second time. He threw that Lazy body punch and got taged by Jackson and Big John Mcarthy was on top of Liddell, the look on Liddell's face, it sucked

hehe that was one of the greatest moments in mma for me
wolfman
3/26/08 4:47:25PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tylerlee123

hehe that was one of the greatest moments in mma for me

I hate you now! j/k I was obviously disappointed with the outcome as he is one of my favorite fighters. However, it did not surprise me one bit as I knew it was going to be a tough rematch. I was shocked at how quick it was over though and I will admit, I was happy to see some Chuck fans humbled by it. Others were so pissed they couldn't believe it and said Rampage got lucky. Most of these idiots had never even heard of Rampage and thought Chuck had it in the bag, needless to say I was laughing at them. Even though they were also Chuck fans, I couldn't help but laugh at their ignorance. I also like Rampage, so it wasn't THAT bad for me... I will say that I wish it wouldn't have ended like that, as it was a flash knock down. Rampage won fair and square, I just wish we could have seen more from both of them.