UFC Fighter Rankings Set to Launch in February

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Fighter Rankings Set to Launch in February
grappler0000
1/31/13 8:55:44PM
FightMetric, the official statistics provider of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, will continue to enhance fans experience by providing UFC Fighter Rankings. UFC Fighter Rankings by FightMetric will poll opinions from sports media worldwide and will be recognized by the UFC and integrated into its broadcast and featured on UFC.com. Voting will be open to media immediately after each live event with results made available to UFC.com within 24 hours.

“We are thrilled to have UFC recognize our fighter rankings and to have them hosted on UFC.com, as well as incorporated into event broadcasts. FightMetric has worked closely with the UFC for several years as an industry-leader in MMA statistics. Sports fans are accustomed to seeing performance data and rankings on their favorite baseball, football and soccer players, and now we can engage UFC fans on a similar level,” said FightMetric creator Rami Genauer...

Full Story
george112
1/31/13 8:57:14PM
I don't always agree with fightmetrics statistics. With that being said there is no doubt I won't agree with their rankings
postman
1/31/13 9:02:50PM
Will this be the ranking system that title fights are made from? Cause 123 are usually pretty universal for the most part.
FastKnockout
1/31/13 9:32:22PM

Posted by george112

I don't always agree with fightmetrics statistics. With that being said there is no doubt I won't agree with their rankings

This.
prozacnation1978
1/31/13 10:06:40PM
interesting at least 90 media people will give it some depth curious how the rankings will play out
tcunningham
1/31/13 11:11:14PM
i always have a problem with fighter rankings specifically at the ufc level. it's like the old " fighter A beats B, B beats C, but C beats A. the talent at the top level is so incredible and a lot of the fighters can lose on one day but not on another to the same fighter. obviously the champion is going to be #1 but ts the other 9 of the top 10 that is so difficult. it will be interesting to see their statistics and rankings though.
Bubbles
1/31/13 11:42:36PM
I'd love to see them justify some of these gifted title shots with "official" rankings in place
shaneTpain
2/1/13 8:41:38AM
This should be interesting
airkerma
2/1/13 9:44:33AM
Sweet, another system where the media votes, since the baseball hall of fame voting is such an awesome process!
jaguar_paw
2/1/13 10:17:11AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by george112

This.

This This
State_Champ
2/1/13 1:12:10PM

Posted by Bubbles

I'd love to see them justify some of these gifted title shots with "official" rankings in place

I was thinking the same thing
Rabi
2/1/13 6:16:58PM
Ive been invited to be part of this process
grappler0000
2/1/13 7:02:41PM

Posted by Rabi

Nice

I was gonna message you to see if you were included, but I guess that answers my question.
grappler0000
2/1/13 7:04:19PM
On a side note, I think this sudden interest in rankings have more to do with Bellator than the UFC.
Bubbles
2/1/13 7:33:16PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Rabi

Nice

I was gonna message you to see if you were included, but I guess that answers my question.

bootyclause
2/2/13 7:52:37AM
should be interesting. Gives people something else to complain about.

I will be curious how they slot in all these Strikeforce guys into the mix.