Fighter Rankings Problem

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fighter Rankings Problem
bjj1605
2/8/10 1:11:38AM
Maybe you guys are already aware of this or maybe it isn't a problem, I don't know.

But I just realized that there are two Randy Coutures' in the system for fighter rankings. If some people have one selected and some people have the other wouldn't that lower the Rankings for Randy collectively?
NatedawgThaM
2/8/10 1:18:13AM
I have a problem ranking randy all together haha. Where exactly do you put him at 205? He beat an inconsistent Vera & a 40 year old Coleman after a decent run at HW. I just don't know where to put him. I know I can't put him top 5, so I don't know where to put him in the bottom top 10 either.
ncordless
2/8/10 2:01:28AM
Fixed.
State_Champ
2/8/10 9:45:46AM
And I cannot find any Jake Ellenberger in the ranking either.
bjj1605
2/8/10 2:10:40PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I have a problem ranking randy all together haha. Where exactly do you put him at 205? He beat an inconsistent Vera & a 40 year old Coleman after a decent run at HW. I just don't know where to put him. I know I can't put him top 5, so I don't know where to put him in the bottom top 10 either.

I have him at ten. I figured that beating brandon and coleman wasn't all that deserving. But, it is Randy couture and he just won two fights in a row at light heavy.

I bumped out Dan Henderson who has been fighting at Middleweight recently and hasn't won a fight at LHW since Rich Franklin and before that in 2007 against Wanderlei Silva.
codyq
2/8/10 7:05:00PM
I think the rankings are all out of whack. UFC fighters are always favored in these rankings, no one really pays any attention outside of the UFC. Randy also did not win the Vera fight, I have no idea how the judges pulled that one off, randy was like disappointed that he won. He did nothing what so ever, he did his push you up against the cage and dirty box trick, though I never saw any dirty boxing. They need to change how they score fights, JUST from that fight alone.

The whole randy/coleman fight was embarrassing to watch. Coleman looked like the spokesmen for OOPS I **** my pants, Gees that fight was ugly, though I guess couture looked a lot better than coleman. Randy trys messin with a little NOG or JONEs OR even Bader he is getting wrecked. I can see couture beating Jardine/ MAYBE forrest and tito. What other big named LHW's out there could he beat? Im getting sick of watching Randy and I hope we never have to see Coleman. I hate seeing fighters say or Joe rogan bark that the fighters that are fighting that night are in the best shape of their life or are the best they have ever looked to build up fights. UFC is going up into the sarcasm category. Before DREAM and Strikeforce and after the fall of Pride, UFC looked amazing and the fights were stacked, but now a days they are half n half. I dont see how hardy is fighting for the title or why Buentello is fighing in the UFC, why trigg came back, and why cant the best fight the best in the world.

Aoki vs Penn
Alvarez vs Penn
Shields vs GSP
Diaz vs GSP
Gegard vs Anderson
Jacare vs Anderson
Mamed Khalidov vs Anderson
Gegard vs Lyoto
King MO vs Lyoto
Fedor vs Lesnar
Allistair vs Lesnar
Brett Rogers vs Shane Carwin
Josh Barnett vs Velasquez
Lashley vs NOG
Vitor Belfort vs Robbie Lawler
Rich Franklin Vs Robbie Lawler
Tyron Woodley vs Jon Fitch
Nick Diaz vs Paulo Thiago
Andre Arlovski vs JDS
Aleksander Emelienko vs Frank Mir
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs Kenny Florian
Gilbert Melendez vs Frankie Edgar

bjj1605
2/9/10 12:07:25PM

Posted by codyq

and why cant the best fight the best in the world.

Because these other orgs.competing with the UFC make that impossible. We need one top org for this to happen. See NFL, NBA, MLB, if you need examples of how to do things right. See Boxing for an example of how to do things wrong.
emfleek
2/9/10 12:15:06PM
Moved to the Game Talk forum.
codyq
2/9/10 5:41:45PM
Because these other orgs.competing with the UFC make that impossible. We need one top org for this to happen. See NFL, NBA, MLB, if you need examples of how to do things right. See Boxing for an example of how to do things wrong.

Yeah this wasnt more of a question, it was more ME just complaining. I think I know what has to happen,lol, thanks though man for tryin to help.
Shawn91111
2/9/10 11:35:38PM

Posted by codyq

Yeah this wasnt more of a question, it was more ME just complaining. I think I know what has to happen,lol, thanks though man for tryin to help.

You complain here and cbssportsline tsk tsk.