Fighter rankings...

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fighter rankings...
POLL: List the Bantam weights on the fighter rankings
Yes. 59% (16)
No. 41% (11)
The-Don
6/20/08 6:11:03PM
OK I know the fighters rankings are not who is better but more who i sa fan favorite.. which is cool... but thee is one weight class that is not represented.. we need to get the Bantam weights listed.....

You know.. now that I reread this yea I ment feather weights.. I justfinishd reading an article on bantam weights.. My bad I apologize...
juanez13
6/20/08 6:15:41PM
never mind the Bantamweights, what about the Featherweight?...
grappler0000
6/20/08 6:17:51PM

Posted by juanez13

I agree, the Featherweights before we even start discussing the Bantamweights.
jiujitsufreak74
6/20/08 6:29:10PM
i will admit, i would not be able to compile an intelligent BW ranking because i only know so few. even FW is a little sketchy for me, but at least i could get a top 10 from FW, at BW i don't even think i could get a top 5 because i just don't know all the fighters at that weight.
Mchubb316
6/20/08 9:22:23PM

Posted by juanez13

Featherweights make more sense at this point.
moob
6/21/08 6:33:30AM

Posted by grappler0000]

I agree, the Featherweights before we even start discussing the Bantamweights.

That's very heightist of you!
MMAcca
6/21/08 6:43:00AM
FW = good addition
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/21/08 4:26:59PM
i voted no but only out of my own ignorance of the bantamweight division

i prolly couldnt even name 10 bantamweights to list
Figsak
6/23/08 2:08:25PM
You definately would need to have featherweight ranks before you add bantam, but yes to both. I know alot of ppl knock the WEC, but think of some of the amazing Bantam and Featherweights they've put on display. They've shown the MMA world that the small guys are explosive and exciting. In the WEC alone you could find some world class Bantams and Feathers.

~Bantam~

Chase Beebe
Brian Bowles
Miguel Torres
Eddie Wineland (who hails from my former home town Highland, IN)

For those who haven't seen Miguel Torres fight, I implore you to find some video, the guys a ******* monster.

~Feather~

Jeff Curran
Urijah Faber (Omg?)
Cub Swanson
Jens Pulver

These are fighters that deserve to be recognized by a site like this, and there are many more in other oganizations who are just as good or better.

rabbit915
6/23/08 5:58:04PM

Posted by Figsak

You definately would need to have featherweight ranks before you add bantam, but yes to both. I know alot of ppl knock the WEC, but think of some of the amazing Bantam and Featherweights they've put on display. They've shown the MMA world that the small guys are explosive and exciting. In the WEC alone you could find some world class Bantams and Feathers.

~Bantam~

Chase Beebe
Brian Bowles
Miguel Torres
Eddie Wineland (who hails from my former home town Highland, IN)

For those who haven't seen Miguel Torres fight, I implore you to find some video, the guys a ******* monster.

~Feather~

Jeff Curran
Urijah Faber (Omg?)
Cub Swanson
Jens Pulver

These are fighters that deserve to be recognized by a site like this, and there are many more in other oganizations who are just as good or better.

This post to me sums up the point of why they shouldnt be on here. I think that the FW and BW rankings would end up being like WEC rankings inspite of the fact that a lot of the best guys in these weight classes come out of Asian orgs like Shooto, Pancrase, and DEEP.

I want the rankings on here but im just not sure that enough people are educated about them for the rankings to be of any use. I guess we could add them and see what happens though. Maybe it will force people to search out and learn more which is always a good thing.
Figsak
6/23/08 10:55:13PM
Yeah, but dude... Urijah Faber!

He's ranked top 10 pound for pound in the world on ALOT of sites and lists including mine. IMO you HAVE to legitimize him by at LEAST adding the 145's. Not having that weight class ranked on a major MMA site like this is basically like pretending he doesnt exist OR matter. The dudes a monster.

If we can have a secondary league and make shot in the dark picks on unknown fighters, I think it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have ppl rank 145's.

I see what yer sayin about ppl not knowing who to rank, but really all you have to do is look up "MMA Featherweight rankings" on google, visit about 5 sites to get a good idea of who generally belongs where, research the 12-15 fighters that show up on different lists for about 15mins lookin over their records, and make your own call.

Yes some ppl will just guess and screw up the compiled list, but there WILL be enough educated ppl to balance it back out. yes? no?
rabbit915
6/23/08 11:20:53PM
Oh im not saying that the WEC doesnt make up a portion of the list, and in fact i think Faber is the best FW and Torres is the best BW, its just that there are still 9 other spots to fill.

You kind of outline what i was getting to in the last line of my post. I think we should start with the FW rankings and see if people actually do the research and make good lists. I have faith in the people on the site to do their homework.
Figsak
6/24/08 12:36:55AM
Sounds like a plan.
Qorvus
6/24/08 9:06:31AM
FW & BW should both definitely be up.

At first, many people will be ignorant of these classes, and the fighters listed may not be a true representation. But it is a good way of promoting these classes, and I think within a year, you will see the lists evolve into something meaningful.