4 fighter profiles removed from UFC website

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 4 fighter profiles removed from UFC website
shaneTpain
7/31/12 5:49:02PM
The following fighters profiles have been removed from the UFCs official website. An official statement hasn't
been released but it's obvious these dudes couldn't hack it in the big leagues & Uncle Dana sent em packing

John Alessio- Lightweight 4–7

Yoislandy Izquierdo- Lightweight 0–2

Damacio Page- Bantamweight 3–5

Dan Stittgen- Welterweight 0–2
sparky
7/31/12 5:57:51PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before Alessio got the ax again. He's like Cote will always be someone to watch out for in the little leagues but will never be a force in the UFC.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/31/12 5:59:34PM

Posted by shaneTpain

The following fighters profiles have been removed from the UFCs official website. An official statement hasn't
been released but it's obvious these dudes couldn't hack it in the big leagues & Uncle Dana sent em packing

John Alessio- Lightweight 4–7

Yoislandy Izquierdo- Lightweight 0–2

Damacio Page- Bantamweight 3–5

Dan Stittgen- Welterweight 0–2

Serious question here. Please, don't be offended.

Do you sit around and just keep track of this stuff on your own? I never see you post a link that announces this stuff. So, I've always wondered. Some people just know websites inside and out. They'd notice any change, wondering if that's you.

Either way, I love the updates. Keep 'em coming.
Twenty20Dollars
7/31/12 6:53:56PM
Alessio just outgrappled in two fights, he's not happy about that but no suprised on getting the axe.
frizzzlecake
7/31/12 7:48:00PM
The Cuban guy sure did put on a good show, hope he makes it back!
shaneTpain
7/31/12 8:14:35PM

Do you sit around and just keep track of this stuff on your own? I never see you post a link that announces this stuff. So, I've always wondered. Some people just know websites inside and out. They'd notice any change, wondering if that's you.

Haha It sounds so pathetic when you put it that way
A couple years back I noticed some fighters get the axe & a statement is never given & you don't notice they are no longer in the UFC until you see them in a Jungle Rumble bout or something. I did a little research & realized that some times the only evidence of a fighter being cut is his profile being removed from UFC.com. Since then I have a little weekly habit of cruising the roster page & seeing whos profile has vanished. (Paying close attention to fighters with recent losses) Yes I know its dorky but I like keeping my buddies & my PG fam updated, sometimes I even update the wikipedia roster page haha
BlueSkiesBurn
7/31/12 8:17:47PM

Posted by shaneTpain

A couple years back I noticed some fighters get the axe & a statement is never given & you don't notice they are no longer in the UFC until you see them in a Jungle Rumble bout or something. I did a little research & realized that some times the only evidence of a fighter being cut is his profile being removed from UFC.com. Since then I have a little weekly habit of cruising the roster page & seeing whos profile has vanished. (Paying close attention to fighters with recent losses) Yes I know its dorky but I like keeping my buddies & my PG fam updated, sometimes I even update the wikipedia roster page haha

It's not pathetic. I do the same thing, just not with the UFC's site. I have an eidetic memory, so I get it. I notice changes on things too.

Props to you, man.
prophecy033
7/31/12 9:03:22PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by shaneTpain

It's not pathetic. I do the same thing, just not with the UFC's site. I have an eidetic memory, so I get it. I notice changes on things too.

Props to you, man.
Mad Props
FastKnockout
7/31/12 9:18:04PM
Not too bummed about any of those. I can picture Allesio in Bellator.
aussiemma
8/1/12 12:30:17AM

Posted by sparky

I knew it was only a matter of time before Alessio got the ax again. He's like Cote will always be someone to watch out for in the little leagues but will never be a force in the UFC.

to be fair to cote he did actually win a ufc fight and fought for the title.
bigrand826
8/1/12 9:44:14AM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by sparky

to be fair to cote he did actually win a ufc fight and fought for the title.

Yeah, it is funny that his record is listed as 4-7. I guess they are counting the WEC fights after the Zuffa purchase? Cote did win a few UFC fights, but he just fell into that title shot. Okami got injured and there wasn't really anyone else. He was on a 5-fight win streak, but the only one of note was a split decision win over Almeida. After blowing out his knee against Silva, he lost to Lawlor and Belcher and found himself outside of the UFC. He just came back and wasn't able to really do anything against a 40-year old Le. I don't know that there's all that much of a difference between Alessio and Cote as far as the level of fighter. I think it might have more to do with the strength/depth of the divisions in which they participate in. I thought it was a pretty apt comparison.
prozacnation1978
8/1/12 11:39:40AM
I go on Ufc.com all the time every day. And I never once check to see who got cut

Page and stittgen and alessio aren't a surprise