Every Fighter Should Change Weight Classes!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Every Fighter Should Change Weight Classes!
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/2/08 11:53:44AM
OK so the title is exaggerated, but am i the only one here digging the weight class changes?

Anderson moving to 205 is awesome bc he destroyed the MW division

If Rich moves up, i will be stoked bc ive always wanted to see him fight @ 205 & the match up possibilities are endless.

Vera is dropping down to make a run at LHW title(i wish i coulda seen Vera vs hendo)

Fighters moving up or down in weight to fight the best of the other division is one of my fav things about the sport......

BJ could move back up to fight GSP.......FLIPPIN SWEET!

But lets not end it there........GSP should move up & fight Hendo or Franklin. Wandy could drop down & fight for MW title, HELL we could even see GSP vs Wandy fighting for the 185 belt.......HOLY SHIT!

maybe im crazy, but i love moving around in weight classes......as a fan its awesome to see these extra possible matchups & it makes for more fun on the p4p arguments

how's everyone else feel bout it?
any reasonable matchups yall'd like to see?

AchillesHeel
7/2/08 1:34:51PM
I agree. Making fighters declare themselves to be in a weight class and then stick to it is kind of restrictive. Belt-holders obviously need to defend the belt, but other than that, I think fighters ought to be willing and able to take matchups at whatever weight they can make.
DCRage
7/2/08 1:39:05PM
I'd like to see Liddell to Heavyweight and Faber to Lightweight. They probably could do that with little to no trouble.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/2/08 1:44:41PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I agree. Making fighters declare themselves to be in a weight class and then stick to it is kind of restrictive. Belt-holders obviously need to defend the belt, but other than that, I think fighters ought to be willing and able to take matchups at whatever weight they can make.

i agree
i def dont want champs not defending their belts......wanted to point that out b4 someone misconstrued
emfleek
7/2/08 2:23:49PM
I couldn't agree more. It opens up so many doors...
Aaronno9
7/2/08 2:46:01PM

Posted by DCRage

I'd like to see Liddell to Heavyweight and Faber to Lightweight. They probably could do that with little to no trouble.

I really want to see chuck take on big Nog, i think itd be an interesting fight. Id just like to see faber in the ufc really, its hard to watch the wec over here unless you get a shitty stream. I think if hes given a few months to build up the extra muscle rather than just packing on a quick 20 pounds of fat hed do good.
seanfu
7/2/08 5:25:18PM
I disagree with most of this simply because of the companys view. Divisions get seriously ****** up as far as matchups are concerned. So you want guys to stay at the weights until matchups are exhausted and you can't bring anyone else in to fight him.

Once a weight like middleweight is used up you bring in young blood and let guys move in.

For instance, moving Wandy to 185 to fight Anderson only makes sense after a fight with Rampage.

But I agree as far as the fans go with changing weights simply on the matchup factor.
JimiMak
7/2/08 7:09:56PM
no No and NO!F

this is the most retarded thing I've read onhere in ages.

You have no opportunity to determine placement in a division. You create dumb matchups like Liddell at HW or GSP at MW. Liddell / Nog? who the f wants Chuck to get a HW title shot? or who the f would pay to see GSP get mauled by AS? (they'd prob'ly try to make that the main event of a ppv, ugh)

Anyone of this opinion has no idea (or care) for the business side of this sport and wants the match making to look like a video game.