FIGHTER WITH BEST BOXIN SKILLS¿?¿?¿

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » FIGHTER WITH BEST BOXIN SKILLS¿?¿?¿
Next Page »
POLL: Best BOXER in MMA
Vitor Belfort 23% (15)
Phil Baroni 12% (8)
Andrei Semenov 3% (2)
Pete Spratt 3% (2)
Andrei Arlowski 31% (20)
Butterbean xDDDDD 28% (18)
amik
1/26/07 11:08:28AM
I repeat... BOXING!!! NOT KICK BOXING OR MUAY THAI.

I think in Phil Baroni with one of the best techniques on Boxing. Strong punches and fast combos. (Ask Dave Menne xDDDDDDD).

Othe fighter with great boxin' is Vitor Belfort.
Maybe a unhorthodox boxer but one of the most dangerous.

Andrei Semenov...
Pete Spratt...
Arlowski...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BloodandTears
1/26/07 11:12:20AM
With the choices you gave Vitor is it IMO. They nailed it last night compairing Herring to Toney huh!! :)
pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 11:19:49AM
I can't believe you didn't put lil Nog on there.... I guess with your choices I would probably go with AA because of his amazing footwork, KO power, & unnatural quicks for his size...

But, seiously no Lil Nog? He's going to represent Brazil in the Pan-American games (rumored) and the guy just loves to bang.

WAR ROGERIO!!!!!
amik
1/26/07 11:29:24AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I can't believe you didn't put lil Nog on there.... I guess with your choices I would probably go with AA because of his amazing footwork, KO power, & unnatural quicks for his size...

But, seiously no Lil Nog? He's going to represent Brazil in the Pan-American games (rumored) and the guy just loves to bang.

WAR ROGERIO!!!!!

Woooooow, sorry . I did not remember Minotoro .

Thanks
spydermonkyman
1/26/07 12:32:18PM
Imho Lil Nog is Great But my fav is the KID Yamamoto come on 150lbs and punches like a 205 er the KID is a stud.

BEST Boxers in MMA
LIL NOG
KID Yamamoto
Vitor Belfort
A.A
Prime Don Frye
loller90278
1/26/07 12:41:17PM

Posted by spydermonkyman

Imho Lil Nog is Great But my fav is the KID Yamamoto come on 150lbs and punches like a 205 er the KID is a stud.

BEST Boxers in MMA
LIL NOG
KID Yamamoto
Vitor Belfort
A.A
Prime Don Frye

i really like how the new cool MMA word is "stud"

thank you gilbert melendez!
pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 12:58:07PM

Posted by spydermonkyman

BEST Boxers in MMA
LIL NOG
KID Yamamoto
Vitor Belfort
A.A
Prime Don Frye

Good call, I totally forgot about Kid, my bad, he is definitley up there, but I'm going to stick with Lil Nog...

You gotta love the Predator, one of the tuffest around.
pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 12:59:50PM

Posted by amik

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

WAR ROGERIO!!!!!

Woooooow, sorry . I did not remember Minotoro .

Thanks

Hey, I wasn't trying to be a dick... It's just that the first name I think of when people talk about good hands / boxing skills is Rogerio.
TheArtOfWar
1/26/07 1:04:01PM
Chuck and Gomi
in your list i choose AA
pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 1:23:27PM

Posted by TheArtOfWar

Chuck and Gomi
in your list i choose AA

Chuck, while an amazing striker and counter puncher does not have the best boxing skills, just analyzing boxing skills: IMO, his stance is too open and his puches are a little too wild and looping (which I think is what makes him a world class striker because of the wierd angles and he is blessed with inhuman power). That is if we're talking about technicall boxing skills, if you are talking about K'ing fools TFO, then ya he would be up there on top of the list.
loller90278
1/26/07 1:28:31PM
crocops not in there? how bout nishijima (thats probably not his name at all, more like a city in japan) the boxer in pride that got beaten just about everybody includin mark hunt
allevil86
1/26/07 1:46:52PM
In that list it's gotta be AA
madmarck
1/26/07 3:02:58PM
For that list it has got to be Vitor. But personally i think that KID Yamamoto and spencer fisher have cleaner boxing.
D-Boy
1/26/07 8:42:15PM
Yeah they all have pretty decent boxing but have got nothing on Lee Murray he has very good boxing skills
hippysmacker
1/26/07 9:32:59PM

Posted by spydermonkyman

BEST Boxers in MMA
LIL NOG
KID Yamamoto
Vitor Belfort
A.A
Prime Don Frye

Good list, I'd throw Sherk in there , his boxing is as technical as it gets. Pure Standup, I'll tale A. Sliva though. His footwork is amazing.
aceprone
1/26/07 10:24:35PM
There's alot of good mma boxers, but I would have to say the most technical who has good clear crisp boxing in the mma world is Andrei. He's one of the only guys you can look at and say, "he can probably hang in the boxing world."
CDW
1/27/07 1:25:47AM
1 Mark Hunt
2 Kid Yamamoto
3 Rogerio
4 Vitor Belfort
5 Chuck Liddel
RedScorpion
1/27/07 7:53:50AM
Aleksander Emelianenko has great footwork and nice combo's. watch his fights against rooze and morais then you'll know what i mean
amik
1/27/07 8:09:23AM
Melvin Manhoef vs Cyborg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

Great Stand up skills
nate22
1/27/07 9:19:47AM

Posted by amik

Melvin Manhoef vs Cyborg

Great Stand up skills

Very sloppy stand up I thought.

Best display of technical boxing I have seen in an MMA fight was Gomi vs Pulver.
hippysmacker
1/27/07 6:47:22PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by amik

Melvin Manhoef vs Cyborg

Great Stand up skills

Very sloppy stand up I thought.

Best display of technical boxing I have seen in an MMA fight was Gomi vs Pulver.

I agree, Vicious body shot. I thought it was stopped too early though. It seemed obvious Gomi was winning, and he think he would have won anyway( chins too good) , but I remember all the contrevrsy about the quick stoppage, hometown call thing and agreed.
tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:46:09PM
its obviously butterbean
hippysmacker
1/28/07 6:08:48AM

Posted by tffdwg38

its obviously butterbean

I wanna see Butterbean vs Tank. Normally I don't go for freakshow fights, but I find this one strangely appealing. Somebod by brutal KO.
fedorwins1
1/31/07 6:58:02PM
I would have to pick someone out of your choices and choose Lil Nog he is a great tech. boxer.
Stickan
1/31/07 7:14:01PM
Big Nog impressed the hell out of me against Barnett in their last fight. He really picked him apart.

Both Nogs got awesome boxing nowadays. Just not the KO power just yet.

I chose Semenov from your list. He's got some crisp technical boxing.
Moneymakers911
1/31/07 9:02:02PM
If your talking about just boxing you would have to go with Baroni or Belfort but if you go by best fighter Andrei would have to be Number 1. In Vitor's prime his hands down the best but as of late he has been alittle slow on the trigger but still is very dangerous, Baroni is a beast.
Hangton
1/31/07 9:17:17PM
ovibously it Alessio Sakara or Nishijima
Texican
2/5/07 7:57:47PM
If your talking about pure boxing skills I would have to say
1. Nishijima
2. Jens Pulver
3. Tra Telligman
Not neccesarily in that order , but all of those guys have a substantial amount of time in pro boxing .
Sam_Rothstein
7/17/07 2:15:41AM
out of the list i have to go with vitor belfort

but the only problem with him is he only goes for big combos at the beginning of the fight and i never understood why

as for off the list i gotta go with spencer fisher and that pot head nick diaz for putting a boxing clicnic on takanori gomi

jens pulver is a good one too
SteedTheDeed
7/17/07 2:37:59AM
kharitonov has great boxing technique.
Pages: [1] 2