Former Fighter Here!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Introduce yourself » Former Fighter Here!!!
Blacklist26
7/24/07 5:09:50PM
Hey everyone! My name is Kyle and I'm a former Junior Welterwight & Bantum Weight MMA fighter that had to retire due to severe back injury. In my 2nd ever pro bout, I fell on my opponent's knee while being thrown and it herniated three disks (that's half my spine). I did end up winning via TKO, but I didn't know how bad I was hurt. So I did not get it checked out right away, thinking it was just badly bruised and sore... but that made my injury much worse. So I would love to chat with other injuried fighters here and share tips on training while hurt. I have 9 years of training under my belt, so feel free to ask questions about different techniques and I'll be glad to help out!

I specialized in Kuk Sool Won, Muay Thai, Submission Grappling, and Kickboxing.

Professional MMA Record: 2-0
Amatuer MMA Record: 31-0-4 (2 NC)
Amatuer Boxing Record: 12-7
Amatuer Ju-Jitsu Record: 9-1
Amatuer Wrestling Record: 0-3
Amatuer Judo Record: 1-1
casey64
7/24/07 9:25:23PM
Good luck with the injury and have fun on the site.
Blacklist26
7/24/07 9:28:37PM
Oh no way, I can't train anymore... but I can coach. And there are hundreds of fighters out there training with injuries that have their own little tricks on how to stay fit while also going through recovery. My goal is to hear as many of these tricks as possible and maybe even write a book about it someday. Anything I can do to help out others in this sport!!!

-- and thank you for welcoming me guys
Violentcuv
7/25/07 6:54:02AM
Thanks for sharing your story and hope everything works out for you! It's cool you still want to hang around the sport and do some coaching. You don't have any video's of any of your fights do you?
Ydoc
7/25/07 9:59:03AM
Welcome aboard. Shame someone with such talent was sidelined like this, but hopefully you can stay in the sport by coaching. Good job finishing your career ending fight.
Blacklist26
7/25/07 3:13:36PM

Posted by Violentcuv

Thanks for sharing your story and hope everything works out for you! It's cool you still want to hang around the sport and do some coaching. You don't have any video's of any of your fights do you?

The few tapes I did have were trashed when my basement flooded a few years back. I do, however, have some pictures. But they are packed up right now cuz I'm getting ready to move... they'll probably be put up on this site sometime in september.