I have beaten Joe Lauzon

crap, i was gonna say masvidal first but i chickened out
mk1630
2/10/08 6:23:44PM
Just beat me to it
Mayhem13
2/10/08 6:25:30PM
haha. correct.

hje is one of my favorite up and commers.
StevenSeagal
2/11/08 3:58:46PM
This one is pretty far back. Time frame for some help is PRIOR to Zuffa owned UFC.

1) My MMA record is 1-1
2) I replaced Yoshiiki Takahashi
3) I lost my bout in the final

Sidenote- He was my JJ instructor when I was 14, that advertised himself and wore a blackbelt to JJ class but it was actually a Karate black belt that he passed off as a BJJ belt hahaha.... Eventually he stopped teaching (unneeded to answer the question, but amusing story none the less)
Pookie
2/11/08 4:04:31PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

This one is pretty far back. Time frame for some help is PRIOR to Zuffa owned UFC.

1) My MMA record is 1-1

Sidenote- He was my JJ instructor when I was 14, that advertised himself and wore a blackbelt to JJ class but it was actually a Karate black belt that he passed off as a BJJ belt hahaha.... Eventually he stopped teaching (unneeded to answer the question, but amusing story none the less)

replaced Yoshiiki Takahashi in a fight?
Lost the bout in the final what?
StevenSeagal
2/11/08 4:22:51PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

1) My MMA record is 1-1

Let me add something else as well

4) I fought earlier in that event and KO'ed an Asian fighter rather quickly...

Yoshiiki Takahashi was injured after his 1st bout and the mystery dude replaced him in the finals... again this is old UFC where multiple fights per night were the thing.

And yes the myster dude lost in the final bout. Making his overall record 1-1 which was his ending MMA record cuz the mystery dude never fought in another organization ever again...
Rush
2/11/08 4:26:58PM
Nick Sanzo
StevenSeagal
2/11/08 4:29:57PM
Bang. Got it.

lol I just recently found out the Karate black belt story from my instructor now, that used to train with Nick back in the day... All this time I thought he was legit, found out he just recieved his blue belt at the time and opened a BJJ school with his "black belt"
BlazinSaddle
2/11/08 4:39:09PM
1) knocked out a ref
2) started out my career 9-0
3) tattoos of fighters ive beat
Rush
2/11/08 4:51:46PM
Yvel?
BlazinSaddle
2/11/08 4:57:17PM
yep
madmarck
2/11/08 5:14:39PM
1)Fought in Pride b4 UFC
2) Got a UFC title shot at 3-0 in the UFC
3)I have rematched with 2 fighters and won both rematches.
Rush
2/11/08 7:01:33PM
That's tough man. I went through all the title fights in the UFC and did not find one fighter consistent with all those criteria.

Rampage is the closest I found. Unless it is a trick question and you are referring to the fact that he is defending his title against Forrest, after 3 wins in the UFC, I don't know whom it could be.
BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 4:16:12PM
1) i have never been knocked out in kickboxing or MMA
2) 2001 k-1 world grand prix champion
3) lost 3 times to the same man in kickboxing
cmill21
2/12/08 6:13:40PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Hunt & he lost to Lebanner by TKO if you count that.
BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 7:24:58PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BlazinSaddle

well corner stoppage isnt really a KO like how a cut shouldnt be a TKO it should be called a (doctors) decision
jiujitsufreak74
2/12/08 7:38:25PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BlazinSaddle

well corner stoppage isnt really a KO like how a cut shouldnt be a TKO it should be called a (doctors) decision

i disagree with that notion. if the corner stops you because the other fighter punished you enough to make you quit that is no different then a KO. same with a cut, doctor stoppage is a technical knock out hence the name technical. a knock out is when the other fighter is unable to continue the fight, so when there is a cut or a corner that stops the fight, there is a TKO; thats why we coined the phrase TKO in the first place. anyway, we can just agree to disagree on that...

my turn:

1) I am 1-1 in the UFC

2) I have boxed professionally since 1999

3) I had a stint at MFS

4) I lost my first fight by submission

Who am I?
BlazinSaddle
2/13/08 3:41:16PM
1) 16-7
2) none of my losses are in the UFC
3) kickboxing record of 43-5
Caleb_z
2/14/08 3:52:38AM
Duane "Bang" Ludwig

1) I was knocked out by Anderson Silva

2) I fight out of Hawaii

3) I dropped two consecutive fights to an athlete and an "ultimate fighter" fighter.
madmarck
2/14/08 9:51:55AM

Posted by madmarck

1)Fought in Pride b4 UFC

Posted by Rush

That's tough man. I went through all the title fights in the UFC and did not find one fighter consistent with all those criteria.

Rampage is the closest I found. Unless it is a trick question and you are referring to the fact that he is defending his title against Forrest, after 3 wins in the UFC, I don't know whom it could be.

Wrong. Keep trying guys.
tepid55
2/14/08 1:47:45PM
ttt
TNunley
2/14/08 2:02:56PM

Posted by Caleb_z

Duane "Bang" Ludwig

1) I was knocked out by Anderson Silva

2) I fight out of Hawaii

3) I dropped two consecutive fights to an athlete and an "ultimate fighter" fighter.

Chris Leben
TNunley
2/14/08 2:11:30PM
Madmarck, since you wanted to make a forum buster trivia question (That one is tough) I will go ahead and do another one for people to think of while we attempt your brain killer of a question (and since I just answered an open question right)

1. I have fought professionally in 9 different organizations

2. I have fought in the UFC 7 times

3. I have a Bachelor's degree in P.E. from Purdue
Kpro
2/14/08 2:24:21PM
1) I've only been KO'd once but that opponent went on to win UFC gold.

2) I competed on a TUF season at one point in my career and held 2 belts going into the show.

3) I've finished at least 9 opponents by some variation of a choke.

4) Kpro had trouble finding any of my credentials prior to me becoming a professional fighter.
TNunley
2/14/08 2:29:53PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by madmarck

1)Fought in Pride b4 UFC

Posted by Rush

Wrong. Keep trying guys.

I'm gonna have to go with Rush on this one... I went through every UFC title holder, and everyone they defended the title against and couldn't find anyone who fought in Pride before the UFC and was 3-0 in the UFC then got a title shot... this was without even touching the subject of winning 2 rematches. You have another hint, or are you sure your hints are right?
Kpro
2/14/08 2:38:04PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by madmarck

1)Fought in Pride b4 UFC

Posted by Rush

Wrong. Keep trying guys.

Ricco?
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/08 2:41:28PM

Posted by TNunley

Madmarck, since you wanted to make a forum buster trivia question (That one is tough) I will go ahead and do another one for people to think of while we attempt your brain killer of a question (and since I just answered an open question right)

Don Frye?
Kpro
2/14/08 2:43:03PM

Posted by TNunley

I would think Fitch; they talk about him being an All-American wrestler at Purdue and he's fought about that many times in the UFC.
TNunley
2/14/08 2:44:19PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by TNunley

I would think Fitch; they talk about him being an All-American wrestler at Purdue and he's fought about that many times in the UFC.

Ricco was wrong, but Fitch is correct
TNunley
2/14/08 2:53:35PM

Posted by Kpro

1) I've only been KO'd once but that opponent went on to win UFC gold.

2) I competed on a TUF season at one point in my career and held 2 belts going into the show.

3) I've finished at least 9 opponents by some variation of a choke.

4) Kpro had trouble finding any of my credentials prior to me becoming a professional fighter.

I'm stumped with this one... Shonie Carter was only KO'd once by Pat Militech, but Pat had lost the UFC belt right before that...

Guess this could be a trick question relating to the Coaches who competed on the show as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4