Fight of the Year....so far in 2007

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fight of the Year....so far in 2007
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Statik
4/8/07 2:57:47AM
that Couture and Sylvia match was so one sided, Sylvia had no chance in the match. It was just Couture beating on Sylvia
ronco_loid
4/8/07 3:32:40AM
Matt Serra vs GSP
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 3:42:40AM

Posted by ronco_loid

Matt Serra vs GSP

Huerta / Garcia should be up there as well... I'll agree that GSP / Serra was one of (if not the) biggest upset of the year...
Statik
4/8/07 3:47:17AM
most def.
I was shocked when GSP got rocked and Serra finished it with some Ground n Pound
Hopefully there'll be a rematch soon
ronco_loid
4/8/07 3:50:45AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by ronco_loid

Matt Serra vs GSP

Huerta / Garcia should be up there as well... I'll agree that GSP / Serra was one of (if not the) biggest upset of the year...

Huerta / Garcia was awsome.
Statik
4/8/07 3:58:46AM

Posted by ronco_loid

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by ronco_loid

Matt Serra vs GSP

Huerta / Garcia was awsome.

Oh yes it was, most exciting fight of the night
p_unit23
4/9/07 5:55:01PM
i liked gomi and diaz. also, sylvia and couture.
shawneth
4/9/07 5:58:15PM

Posted by ronco_loid

Matt Serra vs GSP

IM sorry buys but i dont consider biggest upsets as the Fight of the Year.... As of right now i could be Huerta vs Garcia. Though I would have to watch Gomi vs Diaz and Edgar vs Griffin again.
ezkl2517
4/9/07 6:47:24PM
Couture/Sylvia and Diaz/Gomi for me.
gcraig22
4/9/07 9:18:53PM
Huerta vs. Garcia at UFC 69. Neither one was willing to give up. They gave it everything they had.
chentay2112
4/10/07 1:20:53PM
i was really inpressed with the garcia vs huerta fight at ufc 69 i thought the heart they both showed during that fight was UNBELIEVABLE
pv3Hpv3p
4/10/07 1:29:18PM
Could you guys believe that Garcia only trained for a month for that fight?!?

Man, if he would have had a full 8-10 weeks of training, that could have turned out very differently...

Anybody know where he trains? I thought I heard that he's down in New Mexico training with G.Jackson?
Mastodon2
4/10/07 1:31:40PM
Yeah, I think Greg was talking to him after the first round and camera focused on him.
sleevey
4/10/07 3:39:34PM
Tyson-Griffin
Wow 3 solid rounds of action great standup sweet ground game all around best fight of the year
OchoCinco
4/10/07 5:16:52PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by ronco_loid

Matt Serra vs GSP

Huerta / Garcia should be up there as well... I'll agree that GSP / Serra was one of (if not the) biggest upset of the year...[/QUOTE
]
Sam_Rothstein
4/10/07 7:58:47PM
i think gomi diaz would be the best fight of the year so far

in fact i think i might go watch it on youtube again
chentay2112
4/10/07 8:03:06PM

Posted by shawneth

Posted by ronco_loid

Matt Serra vs GSP

IM sorry buys but i dont consider biggest upsets as the Fight of the Year.... As of right now i could be Huerta vs Garcia. Though I would have to watch Gomi vs Diaz and Edgar vs Griffin again.

i've already posted and said my fight wasHuerta vs Garcia but i dont think a big upset makes a great fight either
methodman_90
4/11/07 10:34:09AM
Huerta and Garcia was a war but as a technical fight I think Griffin/Edgar is fight of the year so far
Russell_Crowe
4/11/07 1:41:28PM
I agree with Gomi-Diaz (though they won't make it onto any official lists because it's now an NC) but I also have to say Hendo-Silva 2.

For anyone who is pretty familiar with PRIDE I'm sure that you will agree that it was just about as epic Randy's win over Tim.

It was one more example of Hendo going in at a size disadvantage at 205 and it was a rematch that was a long time in the making. It also made Dan PRIDE's first champion in two weight divisions simultaneously.

The bottom line though is that it was a just plain good fight that went down to the wire and had a shocking finish. So far it's my pick for FOTY.
pv3Hpv3p
4/11/07 4:48:59PM

Posted by Russell_Crowe

I agree with Gomi-Diaz (though they won't make it onto any official lists because it's now an NC) but I also have to say Hendo-Silva 2.

For anyone who is pretty familiar with PRIDE I'm sure that you will agree that it was just about as epic Randy's win over Tim.

It was one more example of Hendo going in at a size disadvantage at 205 and it was a rematch that was a long time in the making. It also made Dan PRIDE's first champion in two weight divisions simultaneously.

The bottom line though is that it was a just plain good fight that went down to the wire and had a shocking finish. So far it's my pick for FOTY.

Yes, that fight was something else... I had just rewatched their first fight, before Pride 33 and Wandy stomped the crap out of him (and gave Dan his first loss), I can't remember when he moved down to WW...

Everyone said, Why the f*ck would you put Hendo on there? And just called it DSE's marketing strategy to have an American fighter fight their Pride champ... And much like Gomi / Diaz, Dan came prepared and won the big upset...

With that being said, it was a great fight, but it seemed like Dan controled him the whole time, and didn't let Wand fight like he wanted to (excellent gameplan)... I guess I'm saying that the fight was a little one sided... But what a finish... Great fight...
ncordless
4/11/07 8:26:46PM
top 5 fights so far

1. Diaz/Gomi
2. Wandy/Hendo
3. Trigg/Lawler
4. Sylvia/Couture(wish I'd been signed up for this site then, cause I woulda won big)
5. Serra/GSP(yeah it was a short one-sided fight... but the implications for the sport are huge. 3:25 of fight= hours of thinking about how the sport can never be planned out in a WWF style. Eat your heart out, Dana.
skarface
4/11/07 11:05:43PM
tyson vs edgar
gomi vs diaz
huerta vs garcia

adamsb
7/11/07 5:02:05PM
huerta vs garcia
BigE
7/11/07 5:17:35PM
Huerta vs. Garcia is it for me.
Taylor8766
7/11/07 5:58:00PM
Roger Huerta vs Leonard Garcia by far they went to war in that fight.
jocksmall
7/12/07 12:08:45AM
the best fight i have seen in 2007 is gomi vs diaz
johny_rotten
7/12/07 1:11:41AM
Diaz vs Gomi, Henderson vs Wandy with out a doubt. There are a couple other fights that had similar action, but they were names at the time, and didn't carry the same weight that those two fights had.

I know many would argue Randy vs Tim should be in there, but they are wrong. I know Captain America did the impossible making it a great story, but to have a great "fight" you need two guys who both bring every thing they have then a little bit more. Randy deffinitly did that, but Tim was lucky he brought his shorts, forget about some fight.

I didn't read all of the posts so forgive me if anyone else said this, but Stout vs Fisher would be my honorable mention. That fight was almost a month ago, and I bet they still have ice on their faces. People were bashing that UFN before it went down, but those two warriors shut everyone up.
TheHitmanTL
7/12/07 2:10:41AM
i think my fav fight of the year was definetly fisher vs stout 2 what a battle cant wait for numba 3!!!
hippysmacker
7/12/07 2:49:11AM
I'll change my mind to Griffin/Edgar because Diaz/Gomiwas ruled a no-contest.
KodytheButcher
7/12/07 2:52:55AM
bonnar/griffin 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3