Who should fight the winner Gonzaga/Couture?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should fight the winner Gonzaga/Couture?
Next Page »
POLL: Who should face the winner of RC v GG?
winner of Cro Cop/Kongo 29% (35)
Arlovski 19% (23)
Silvia 3% (4)
Big Nog 26% (32)
Vera 12% (15)
Other 10% (12)
tomp6581
7/10/07 11:16:39AM
Without assuming Fedor will sign for ufc in time for this.....who out of the much improved HW division of the UFC do you think deserves a shot at the winner?
xchickox
7/10/07 11:32:29AM
its tricky i'm not even sure who deserves a title shot....maybe arlovski
Dom119
7/10/07 11:38:53AM
Why shouldn't silvia get a shot at the title, liddell, hughes and frankilin are allgoing to get their shot at their repected belts, why shouldn't silvia.
grappler0000
7/10/07 11:53:22AM
I say if Randy wins, give him Crocop(assuming he beats Kongo)...but if Gonzaga wins, give him Arlovski.
grappler0000
7/10/07 11:54:30AM

Posted by Dom119

Why shouldn't silvia get a shot at the title, liddell, hughes and frankilin are allgoing to get their shot at their repected belts, why shouldn't silvia.

Tim needs to get another fight under his belt first.
Pandaiga
7/10/07 12:12:09PM
Well its simple. Fans hate Tim. I think Crocop should. Well assuming he wins his fight against Kongo. Maybe thats just because I like crocop though.
pharside
7/10/07 12:30:11PM
Vera, he never got his title shot.
richieb19
7/10/07 12:37:48PM
If CroCop gets past Kongo, I've heard that the UFC will have CroCop/Nog 2 for the title shot.
tomp6581
7/10/07 12:53:18PM

Posted by richieb19

If CroCop gets past Kongo, I've heard that the UFC will have CroCop/Nog 2 for the title shot.

The poll is wide open, which means that picking a contender next is pretty tricky.....I would personally prefer Cr Cop (if he wins) to be given a shot at the winner of RC or GG and Big Nog fight the Loser.

That way, both Randy & Gonzaga would fight a top 3 fighter next.....which would be great for the sport, UFC and the hardcore fans.......then when Mr Emelianenko come to town (presuming they give him a title shot straight away)............he would either face Randy, GG or Cro Cop..........all of these possibilities are huge money makers......are there any losers this way?

StevieC
7/10/07 2:38:39PM
Big Nog was brought in to fight for the belt, so the winner will face Big Nog, Cro Cop was brought in for the same thing but got a nice heal to the head to prevent that. Winner of Big Nog and "Couture" will face Cro Cop(unless he gets beat again, or Fedor signs)
kaduey
7/10/07 3:00:59PM

Posted by pharside

Vera, he never got his title shot.

Vera doens't deserve it. He turned down his title shot against Sylvia. I say Fedor is going ti sign with UFC and like Dana said get an automatic title shot.
AchillesHeel
7/10/07 3:01:16PM

Posted by richieb19

Yeah, that's what I remember too. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I read that. The next contender was supposed to be Arlovksi, provided he defeated Werdum, but Dana White was so annoyed with AA's performance, he yanked his title shot.

So the winner of Couture-Gonzaga might get a little break before the next title fight. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It might depend on how Cro Cop-Kongo goes. If Kongo wins, then Nogueira will probably just be offered the title shot. If Cro Cop KTFOs Kongo in a few seconds, without getting hurt himself, he could fight Nogueira sooner.

I'd be surprised if we saw another Heavyweight title fight before the end of the year, but you never know... And obviously the whole picture changes if Dana can sign Fedor.
thepunisher
7/10/07 3:03:29PM
I heard about some Fedor guy i think he was on Tuf 2 but has been fighting in some ORG in China or Japan or something.
k_lup07
7/10/07 3:08:04PM
vera should get a return fight and then the winner. true most people dont like sylvia but let him fight again AND if he actually fights, then consider a title shot for him.honestly, ill be happy to watch gabriel fight anyone

since theres so many talented HWs, there should still be a lot of good fights anyway.

loller90278
7/10/07 3:08:20PM

Posted by thepunisher

I heard about some Fedor guy i think he was on Tuf 2 but has been fighting in some ORG in China or Japan or something.

i honestly pray to god that this is a joke
thepunisher
7/10/07 3:09:19PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by thepunisher

i honestly pray to god that this is a joke

I heard he was pretty good you dont think he should get a shot
LR
7/10/07 3:18:38PM
Honestly, after a Couture/Gonzaga matchup, the title shot is up for grabs.
Look at the contenders.

CroCop will need another fight after Kongo if he wins because he was KO'd by Gonzaga, and they never give someone a shot that quickly. Big Nog is in the same boat, basically because he was unimpressive against Herring, very unimpressive. He didn't use his ground attack as well as he could of, granted he was in la-la land for the entire fight. Easy solution would be to have a CroCop vs. Big Nog 2. The winner gets a title fight.

Vera may get a shot if he really does get 2 fights in 2007 and they are against legitimate contenders.

Ortiz won't get it, not after the crap he pulled and the horrible line he delivered about if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. Ugh! I like Tito as a promoter since he does all sorts of crap just to piss off people, but it draws a crowd to see him get beat, but he isn't the same fighter he was. I thought he'd come in very conditioned, and he gassed.

Arvloski, no way. He was horrible in his last match. Flat footed and did not push the fight at all. He needs another fight against a solid contender and he needs to win in dominant fashion or against a huge name.

My pick: CroCop vs. Big Nog 2 gets the shot, or Fedor.
Ultimate_fighter
7/10/07 3:25:11PM
I say Vera. He deserves it cuz of his talent and he is undefeating in MMA and UFC. He beat Silva in the first round, standing up, then put him in the guillotine. He deserves it but i think he would still lose to both guys
Ultimate_fighter
7/10/07 3:27:39PM

Posted by LR

Honestly, after a Couture/Gonzaga matchup, the title shot is up for grabs.
Look at the contenders.

CroCop will need another fight after Kongo if he wins because he was KO'd by Gonzaga, and they never give someone a shot that quickly. Big Nog is in the same boat, basically because he was unimpressive against Herring, very unimpressive. He didn't use his ground attack as well as he could of, granted he was in la-la land for the entire fight. Easy solution would be to have a CroCop vs. Big Nog 2. The winner gets a title fight.

Vera may get a shot if he really does get 2 fights in 2007 and they are against legitimate contenders.

Ortiz won't get it, not after the crap he pulled and the horrible line he delivered about if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. Ugh! I like Tito as a promoter since he does all sorts of crap just to piss off people, but it draws a crowd to see him get beat, but he isn't the same fighter he was. I thought he'd come in very conditioned, and he gassed.

Arvloski, no way. He was horrible in his last match. Flat footed and did not push the fight at all. He needs another fight against a solid contender and he needs to win in dominant fashion or against a huge name.

My pick: CroCop vs. Big Nog 2 gets the shot, or Fedor.

I'm guessing that Dana will have another Champion vs Champion kind of thing and have Fedor vs GG/Couture. I still think Vera deserves it tho.
kimoron
7/10/07 3:50:33PM
it will more than likely be the winner of crocop/kongo. with no other clear contenders this seems to be the best choice. the other options would possibly be nogueira, arlovski or vera. all of which in my opinion do not deserve a shot at the moment. nogueira showed that he has the heart of a champion the other night surviving that kick but i think he should put in one more fight in the octagon before getting a shot. arlovski needs to prove that he is still championship material. he win over werdum was not too impressive and against either gg or couture you can definately expect to see a lot of hesitancy and back peddling. mentally i dont think arlovski is the fighter he once was. vera threw a temper tantrum after beating mir because he thought he deserved more money so he tried to go elswhere. **** him he wanted to leave so let him start at the bottom again.
Taylor8766
7/10/07 4:11:55PM
Arlovski, he's on a 2 fight win streak and he deserves it way before Sylvia who doesn't deserve it at all because he is awful at everything.
k_lup07
7/10/07 5:36:17PM
sorry but 2 fights isnt a streak. arlovski doesnt seem too hungry anymore, babalu-ish in a way. maybe let the winner call one of them out
keith-hackney1
7/10/07 5:40:19PM

Posted by tomp6581

Without assuming Fedor will sign for ufc in time for this.....who out of the much improved HW division of the UFC do you think deserves a shot at the winner?

You should get AA fight big nog, the winner gets a title shot !!!
Or you could think like dana did in the LHW division with rampage vs chuck and give big nog a straight title shot after one ufc win.
CC is at the bottom after his ko loss, he should fight vera or sylvia next.
Believe-in-judo81
7/10/07 6:41:09PM
Depends, if Couture wins, I want to see him fight Big Nog. If Gonzaga wins It would be nice to see a rematch with CC, after he fought Nogueira for No.1 Contendership. Hopefully giving them time to get Fedor over for either a rematch with Mirko, or what would likely be a tough bout with Napao.
cmill21
7/10/07 7:02:50PM
If Mirko beats kongo, he should fight Nog, the winner of that should fight winner of RC/GG, hopefully through this we see Mirko win, beat nog, rematch vs gg beat gg for the belt, then Mirko vs. Fedor 2...huuuge money maker and huuuuge action packed fight.
Pitbull09
7/10/07 7:51:15PM
Ok, I think this could be the best year in UFC for heavyweights if it works out this way.

#1 Contender Fight
Arlovski vs Cro-Cop

Next Title Fight
Coture vs Fedor (I hope Randy win his uncoming fight just because hes the UFC Heavyweight Icon and Fedor is Prides Heavyweight icon, and whether your a pride or ufc fan that would be one heck of a fight to watch with Randy used to being a major underdog and amazing us.)
Aether
7/10/07 8:46:08PM

Posted by Dom119

First off, Liddell isn't getting a shot at the belt anytime soon so that is wrong. Dana said himself that Chuck has to win a couple at least before he gets a shot again. Secondly the middleweight division is pretty thin right now and there really aren't any more viable title contenders for anderson right now than rich despite the beating he took. Third Matt Hughes is still unquestionably sitting in the top3 for his weight class, and finally both of the above named fighters who are getting title shots have secured a comeback win first.

Tim Sylvia is not really a major contender anymore. He's still in the top 10 but fans hate him and there are plenty of people who deserve a shot before him. He also hasn't fought since his loss (every one of the people you listed as getting a title shot had to win a fight before they were given that opportunity). Nogueira, CroCop (provided he doesn't lose another fight) Arlovski, and Vera all deserve a title shot more than Tim right now. If he wins a fight or two and proves he can still fight aggressively then he'll deserve a shot, but by then fedor/crocop/nogueira will more than likely have the belt, and Tim is most likely never going to see that belt again.

I like the idea of nogueira and crocop fighting for the next title shot... by the time that happens Fedor will most likely have won the belt and the winner will most likely face him, meaning amazing matchup regardless of what happens.
k_lup07
7/10/07 9:10:59PM
im not a sylvia fan, but he fought better when he didnt have the belt. who knows, maybe hell do some work andget toned up and be better than ever
Aether
7/10/07 9:30:11PM
it's true, but I don't think that he could compete with a lot of the new talent coming in even when he was at his best. He relies too much on his natural physical advantage and not enough on developing his skillset.
mkiv9secsupra
7/10/07 9:53:27PM

Posted by Pitbull09
#1 Contender Fight
Arlovski vs Cro-Cop

exactly!!! let these two go at it for the #1 contender!!! It will probably less one side than Crocop vs Nogueira was(before Nog took him down finally)...
Pages: [1] 2 3