my fight from the past weekend

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » my fight from the past weekend
KillaCoupe
9/23/08 9:56:53PM
175lb class WKA kickboxing(international style)
its my 2nd fight...other guy came out swinging for the fences
an kept trying to get inside so i did my best to keep technic
an do what i have been training to do in this instance...
what do u guys think?
thanks
btw i have the white headgear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfxIlh2ep7M
Jackelope
9/23/08 10:05:21PM
Nice, you guys duked it out big time!

Obviously you more than handled your business, but some things you may want to consider when facing a guy that's swinging on you like that-

-Try to separate yourself from the emotional brawl. Anyone can get caught on the button and get put down (see Keith Jardine, Forrest Griffin)

- When someone is swinging wide and loaded on you like that don't forget your footwork and head movement. The more you make him miss the better he opens himself up for your technical boxing. If you can duck under his power hand and set your stance wide on him you can really dish into him with a powerful punch and kick combination.

-If someone is swinging wide like that you can also use a more linear attack (jabs, straight right hands) to beat him to the punch. Not only will this take steam off his punches, but it'll capitalize on the fact that he's holding his chin in outer space while swinging like that.

All in all though you did excellent! You obviously brought the heavier hands and as the fight wore on you could tell that you slipped out of the emotional struggle and started using more technique. I liked the push kick you used to get him into the corner and the awesome super man punch! haha!
jae_1833
9/24/08 12:19:58AM
Nice....you made quick work of him.....are you all allowed to use knees in the clinch, if so you could have destroyed him even worse!
haggiswashere
9/24/08 1:15:20AM
lol who cares you whopped his ass! obviously he is the one who needs training advice. you looked sharp buddy. in all honesty i would pay to watch that
The-Don
9/24/08 2:27:32PM
yea way to go.. good job keeping your cool... you looked like a fighter.. he just looked like a brawler Excellent job
KillaCoupe
9/24/08 3:48:24PM
thanks for the replys guys...i tried to keep it clean technic but he did want to brawl so i did alil of both..hard to hear but i did everything my corner(my two instructors) yelled to do...like kick to the body, superman and the upcuts in the end........no knees are allow..its WKA(world kickboxing association) rules for "low-kick" fights aka international style which allows kicks below the waist so i can use my thai kicks....we trained for guys to try to clinch an hug up to slow action or get inside an we would either defend then throw body shots then uppercuts or push off an fire a stright punch or hook upon doing so...both i did somehow...muscle memory is no joke...all the repeation in training def comes into play...
Mattchoo
9/24/08 4:46:31PM
Just from looking at that i can tell your not international standard, just being WKA doesnt mean it is top top level. Like me fighting in some W.A.K.O's doesnt make me international level...

BUT you kicked his ass!! You could pop him with alooot of side kicks in that though, definately put that into your game.

For example side kick in and work them crazy punches on them and your all sorted!

Judges love clean kicks over crazy punch combos remember that

Nice work !
jiujitsufreak74
9/24/08 4:50:34PM
all i can really say is keep your hands up a little higher and through straighter punches, but those are things that everyone can work on. i agree with Don as i would pay to see that as well. international rules include knees and that did not look like it was international rules, but still a good job. anyone else notice the hay makers the other guy threw when he attempted to get inside his reach? probably the worst technique i have ever seen lol.
KillaCoupe
9/24/08 5:00:31PM
my bad about the international style....they call it "low-kick" kickboxing and was told its international style...i think knees are aloud in full contact kickboxing...an american kickboxing is all kicks above the waist....

i took notice to my hands coming down a few times an my cross wasnt always straight but i usaly didnt have the distance to throw it straight out bc he was so close...but thanks for the imput guys it always helps to hear everyone views
Mattchoo
9/24/08 5:21:26PM
Personally theres nothing wrong with your performance, you cant fight every fight smoothly and cleanly.

The way he was coming at you if you'd have tried to do that it probably would have been a harder fight for you!!

Keep it up man, and them side kicks stick them in everytime they jab, then they end up hesitating when they come in on you
casey64
9/24/08 7:59:41PM
The_Ho_Bag
9/25/08 2:22:03PM

Posted by KillaCoupe

what do u guys think?
thanks

i noticed that u fought at St joes and u fought my boy Vinnie Mastro from heavy hitters i was at the event i fought that night=)

vinnie is too big for KB but great job on those fights you going to compete in the one November 25th?

The-Don
9/27/08 9:42:24PM
my only advice is for the person who was holding the camera.. just cause they are rooting for you tell them to keep the camera on the action... when the guy was down it would have been nice to see what was going on over there then jsut you standing in a neutral corner.. tell them to pull back some
KillaCoupe
10/4/08 4:53:11PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by KillaCoupe

what do u guys think?
thanks

i noticed that u fought at St joes and u fought my boy Vinnie Mastro from heavy hitters i was at the event i fought that night=)

vinnie is too big for KB but great job on those fights you going to compete in the one November 25th?

i just moved last week so i was without a computer

what weight did you fight at? who did you fight? what gym you fight out of?
im not sure yet about nov bc i might have another fight in december but one of our guys is already on the card for november