‘Fight for the Troops’ raises $4 million in donations

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ‘Fight for the Troops’ raises $4 million in donations
MMAcca
12/15/08 11:09:50AM
The three-hour UFC Fight Night 16: “Fight for the Troops” special from the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, N.C., on Wednesday, December 10, raised more than $4 million in donations for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, according to The Oxford Press.

LINK
emfleek
12/15/08 11:21:40AM
Wow...impressive. I wasn't so sure that they'd even crack a million, to be honest.
scoozna
12/15/08 11:31:51AM
Good...hopefully it'll lead to more fundraisers with great fight cards on Spike.
ohiostate1016
12/15/08 12:09:29PM

Posted by scoozna

Good...hopefully it'll lead to more fundraisers with great fight cards on Spike.

I don't see why every UFN couldn't have some sort of fundraiser background. If I'm willing to throw $50 out for a PPV, I'm definitely willing to throw out 5 or 10 for a UFN, especially if it goes to a good cause. Raising money for charities is a great way for a company to do business, and you know that they're definitely making a lot of money on top of that.
BigEvil
12/15/08 12:29:29PM
Great news! Hopefully the UFC will continue to sponsor good causes like this one.
emfleek
12/15/08 1:09:24PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Raising money for charities is a great way for a company to do business, and you know that they're definitely making a lot of money on top of that.

...and a great way to give yourself a better reputation amongst the general public.
Jim_Dangle
12/15/08 1:56:55PM
Next time I'd like two more fights aired live instead of the sickening celebrities reading a script. I hate when rich assholes tell me to give money.
Darnok
12/15/08 7:34:08PM

Posted by Jim_Dangle

Next time I'd like two more fights aired live instead of the sickening celebrities reading a script. I hate when rich assholes tell me to give money.

Exactly!!!! If one of these celebs gave some pocket change it would have been way more than 4mil.
TimW001
12/15/08 11:52:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Wow...impressive. I wasn't so sure that they'd even crack a million, to be honest.

Same.

And I am so proud to be an MMA fan. Hopefully the UFC flaunts these numbers.
disorderlyvision
12/16/08 12:42:50AM
Serously? I almost quit watching. ther would be a fight (most ended early) and then a half hour infomercial saying "give us yo $" rinse...repeat.

i flipped channels while they were doing that crap.