a fight that could save ufc 85

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » a fight that could save ufc 85
tomsmith17381
4/24/08 4:29:47PM
hughes vs fitch ???????

me and my freinds are going to see ufc 85 and are gutted to have had chuck withdraw what do you think to hughes vs fitch could it happen? and would it save ufc 85?
Mchubb316
4/24/08 4:31:19PM
Fitch is fighting GSP next. So no it will not happen.
bullettdodger
4/24/08 4:31:38PM
probably not going to happen
tomsmith17381
4/24/08 4:34:23PM
any other ideas then?
juanez13
4/24/08 4:42:47PM

Posted by tomsmith17381

any other ideas then?

Serra vs Hughes
babytater03
4/24/08 4:50:56PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tomsmith17381

any other ideas then?

Serra vs Hughes

eh... too soon i would say.
those knees to Serra's back might have ruptured another disk
juanez13
4/24/08 4:54:07PM

Posted by babytater03

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tomsmith17381

any other ideas then?

Serra vs Hughes

yea that, and i doubt the UFC would match serra vs Hughes outside of the US.
tomsmith17381
4/24/08 4:58:43PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by babytater03

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tomsmith17381

any other ideas then?

Serra vs Hughes

yea that, and i doubt the UFC would match serra vs Hughes outside of the US.

thats very true that would be another big fight saved for the u.s market man that frustrates me i understand why they save alot of big fights for the u.s market but i do feel us u.k fans are often given a watered down card
juanez13
4/24/08 5:04:37PM

Posted by babytater03

thats very true that would be another big fight saved for the u.s market man that frustrates me i understand why they save alot of big fights for the u.s market but i do feel us u.k fans are often given a watered down card

its not so much that, but the fact that the PPV has to be delayed, because no nobody would watch it at 3PM, Live events gives them so money, but PPV its the big money maker.
juanez13
4/24/08 5:05:56PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by babytater03

its not so much that, but the fact that the PPV has to be delayed, because no nobody would watch it at 3PM, Live events gives them Ok money, but PPV its the big money maker.
pv3Hpv3p
4/24/08 5:10:39PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by juanez13

Posted by babytater03

its not so much that, but the fact that the PPV has to be delayed, because no nobody would watch it at 3PM, Live events gives them Ok money, but PPV its the big money maker.

Just to add my two cents... i love UFC in the afternoon... It's like football season
grappler0000
4/24/08 5:40:38PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by juanez13

Posted by babytater03

I don't think it would be for either of those reasons...MMA is fair game in Illinois starting in June, so a matchup in Chicago would only make sense IMO.
chubbud22
4/24/08 6:52:45PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tomsmith17381

any other ideas then?

Serra vs Hughes

I tink serra's ribs need more time than that
juanez13
4/24/08 7:02:18PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by juanez13

Posted by juanez13

Posted by babytater03

I don't think it would be for either of those reasons...MMA is fair game in Illinois starting in June, so a matchup in Chicago would only make sense IMO.

yea, but we are talking overall, the UK doesnt get big matches becuase its harder to sell PPV when its Tape Delay(one of the reasons), The biggest main event the UK has had was rampage vs Hendo, but if you look at the rest they were pretty weak-> Franklin/Okami, Cro Cop/Gonzaga,Bj penn/Stevenson.
skatenate
4/24/08 7:56:22PM
at least the U.K. gets UFC! when is it coming to AUSTRALIA!
prozacnation1978
4/24/08 9:06:15PM
nothing is gonna save it, the ufc is already losing money overseas it's a matter of time till the ufc will only go there once a year.. why lose money if fans across the sea won't pay to see it,
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/24/08 9:24:11PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by juanez13

Posted by juanez13

Posted by babytater03

Just to add my two cents... i love UFC in the afternoon... It's like football season

Amen, i get way drunker by the end of the night also
jgtribbett
4/24/08 10:19:26PM
for whatever reason.. i cannot remember his ******* name and i'm sorry .. butr whoever beat karo vs hughes
juanez13
4/25/08 9:11:35AM

Posted by jgtribbett

for whatever reason.. i cannot remember his ******* name and i'm sorry .. butr whoever beat karo vs hughes

thiago alves
NOCALBRAWL
5/29/08 2:56:58AM
hughes and GSP again
chubbud22
5/29/08 6:13:12AM

Posted by NOCALBRAWL

hughes and GSP again

So you would want to see GSP maul Hughes for the third strate time; no thanks.
holt8081
5/29/08 10:45:06AM
well serra v hughes would be good exept he will probably try to fake another injury to get out of it.