My fight with Rory Singer

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » My fight with Rory Singer
Masterson
4/16/07 7:04:31AM
http://meatheadedlibertarian.blogspot.com

Fight is from April 14th, 2007

I can't decide if I got it hard or gentle... but I know that I got screwed.

jdubs
4/16/07 8:11:09AM
ya, that sucks but they cant have their headline fighter loose, was it his hometown

I saw that fight as a split decision with either fighter winning, i for sure do not think it was unanimous. you seem to telegraph that spinning back fist from a mile away, but you were landing them
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/16/07 11:01:18AM
you had some nice leg kicks on him!!!
keith-hackney1
4/16/07 12:13:38PM
Thats ****** up, that win was yours. you were the most agressive in two rounds, your leg kicks were point scorers, rory looked like he knew he'd win a decision if he kept it on the mat. Even when he took you there he done **** all, you were the most active on the mat so the scoring must go to you, cant see how he won that !! Im sure rory's team were in bed with the judges or what ??
nellyhiphophead
4/16/07 1:39:11PM
i saw it 29-28 for rory you didn't so anyhting to him when you were on top first two rounds and he was working for the sub and when he was on top in the second he was all over you getting past into side working for the sub. and the stand up was close. sorry man but i didn't see it was you winning.
nellyhiphophead
4/16/07 1:45:41PM

Posted by jdubs

ya, that sucks but they cant have their headline fighter loose, was it his hometown

I saw that fight as a split decision with either fighter winning, i for sure do not think it was unanimous. you seem to telegraph that spinning back fist from a mile away, but you were landing them

i don't knwo how ppl see split decisions. do they know what a split decision is it's when 2 judges see one fighter winning and the other judge thinks the other fighter won. so how can you thnk it's a split decision you must think one person won. you can't have a draw it's a 10 points must so unless you give someone a 8 in a round then you will never see a draw.
Lay_N_Pray
4/16/07 3:49:55PM
If it makes you feel any better, you could kick my ass.

I thought you fought very well and I am glad I was not judging that one cause it was a tough one to call.

But mad respect for getting in the ring and training and working hard, it must take alot of guts and sacrifice to do what you do so I compliment you on that and thank you for what you do.
jdubs
4/17/07 1:27:45PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by jdubs

i don't knwo how ppl see split decisions. do they know what a split decision is it's when 2 judges see one fighter winning and the other judge thinks the other fighter won. so how can you thnk it's a split decision you must think one person won. you can't have a draw it's a 10 points must so unless you give someone a 8 in a round then you will never see a draw.

no shit , i could have seen it being a split, in other words i could see 2 judges against the other. To put it in terms you may understand, i could have seen the fight going both ways
Rush
4/17/07 3:29:02PM
Here is how I saw the fight

Stand-up agression - edge to Matt
Ground agression - edge to Rory
Takedowns - pretty even but I could see the edge given to Rory depending on how they scored the ones that looked like attempted sacrifice takedowns

I really didn't feel that any damage was dished out by either fighter. Most puches and kicks looked like they were blocked or checked. And sub attempts made by Rory didn't look effective.

All in all I would've called it a split in Rory's favour.

Props for getting in the ring Matt.

cheers
BigWilly
4/17/07 8:57:09PM
Too be comepletely honest i saw the UD for Rory.... and what was up with walkin backwards all the time.... it reminded me of tom green in freddy got fingered... and all i can really say is "I can walk back as fast as you can... im the backwards man the backwards man"
BigWilly
4/17/07 8:58:24PM