Who should fight Rampage next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should fight Rampage next?
POLL: Who do you think will win their next fight and get a shot at Rampage?
Griffin 50% (22)
Machida 18% (8)
Jardine 18% (8)
Bisping 0% (0)
Evans 5% (2)
Alexander 9% (4)
Riggeee
11/14/07 7:32:02PM
Type 7 for Wanderlei Silva
Type 8 for Sokoudjou
Type 9 for Thiago Silva
Jackelope
11/14/07 7:43:12PM
7 Wanderlei after he rapes Chuck
Adam_Buru
11/14/07 8:03:06PM
Winner of Chuck/Wanderlei meets the winner of Machida/Jardine for the right to face Rampage for the title.

At this current time, nobody deserves a shot.
Rush
11/14/07 8:17:33PM

Posted by Adam_Buru

Winner of Chuck/Wanderlei meets the winner of Machida/Jardine for the right to face Rampage for the title.

At this current time, nobody deserves.

I thought Machida was fighting Sokoudjou?
Adam_Buru
11/14/07 8:31:10PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Adam_Buru

At this current time, nobody deserves.

I thought Machida was fighting Sokoudjou?

Well that's the rumour. But I meant mine as what I personally think should be done. I don't think a Sokoudjou/Machida match would make as much sense at this point as what I suggested.

Not to say that I don't wanna see Sokoudlou debut in the UFC.
aaa9erh8er
11/14/07 9:57:26PM
he hasnt made a debut yer but you wana put him in a 4 way no.1 contender talk. hmmm i really wanna see some video on this guy i no pretty much nothing about him.

but i say if wanderlei beats chuck then he fights forrest then the winner of that deserves it. wait jardine is in the picture for shure so have hin fight forrest again then the winner of that fights Silva/lidell. winner of that fights rampage
Adam_Buru
11/14/07 10:31:32PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er
but i say if wanderlei beats chuck then he fights forrest then the winner of that deserves it. wait jardine is in the picture for shure so have hin fight forrest again then the winner of that fights Silva/lidell. winner of that fights rampage

But haven't you yourself just put Wanderlei in a 4 way no.1 contender situation before he's made his debut?

Posted by aaa9erh8er

he hasnt made a debut yer but you wana put him in a 4 way no.1 contender talk. hmmm i really wanna see some video on this guy i no pretty much nothing about him.

If you haven't seen Wanderlei Silva fight yet or know nothing about him, then you're not really an MMA fan. It's like a soccer fan that hasn't heard of Ronaldinho, or Basketball fan that's never seen Shaq play.
nickcuc547
11/14/07 11:28:37PM
if wandy beats chuck (which i dont think he will), he will probably get the next shot, if not the division is a mess with about 6 guys deserving of a shot, the ufc is going to need some time to sort this one out. machida, griffin, jardine, alexander, thiago silva (if he beats alexander), wandy chuck winner, and rashad bisping winner all deserve to be in the mix, this is almost as tough to call as the lighweight division.
Pitbull09
11/14/07 11:35:39PM
Forrest or maybe have Forrest fight Wanderlei for number 1 contender (unless he loses to chuck then Forrest gets the immediate shot). But either one of them
hathcock32
11/14/07 11:51:23PM
Who has Machida beat to be considered for the Title, hes skilled but boring i hope Soku KO him and sends him to K1 or Elite XC.
ufcboss
11/15/07 4:43:08AM
Forrest HAS earned his title shot, He finished Rua. Oh wait here they come, "That was a different Shogun", "His knee was hurt", "Some other crap excuse". All Hughes did was desicion Chris for his shot at the belt. That win wasn't half as impressive as Forrest V Rua.

Someone else hit it the spot though, If Silva beat's Liddell, He's got it in the bag.
It's all about the moneeeyyyyy!

Sorry about the above but I am so sick of people making excuse's for fighter's.
If you win you win, If you lose you lose. Just imagine that you beat a top level fighter, And then they made some stupid excuse why they lost. You would just slap them and say CRAP. But it just shit's me when you post something and you get shot down by someone who think's that they know everything.

I not trying to start any fight's here but I think if there was a bit more praise toward's fighter's who win these "Upset's" MMAPLAYGROUND would be a happier place.

PEACE OUT,

When Bisping KO's Evan's I would like to see Forrest V Bisping.
PS. And I dont wanna hear "Rashard's heap's better man, He's won already man"
Adam_Buru
11/15/07 6:21:48AM

Posted by ufcboss

Forrest HAS earned his title shot, He finished Rua. Oh wait here they come, "That was a different Shogun", "His knee was hurt", "Some other crap excuse". All Hughes did was desicion Chris for his shot at the belt. That win wasn't half as impressive as Forrest V Rua.

Someone else hit it the spot though, If Silva beat's Liddell, He's got it in the bag.
It's all about the moneeeyyyyy!

Sorry about the above but I am so sick of people making excuse's for fighter's.
If you win you win, If you lose you lose. Just imagine that you beat a top level fighter, And then they made some stupid excuse why they lost. You would just slap them and say CRAP. But it just shit's me when you post something and you get shot down by someone who think's that they know everything.

I not trying to start any fight's here but I think if there was a bit more praise toward's fighter's who win these "Upset's" MMAPLAYGROUND would be a happier place.

PEACE OUT,

When Bisping KO's Evan's I would like to see Forrest V Bisping.
PS. And I dont wanna hear "Rashard's heap's better man, He's won already man"

I understand where you're coming from and I'm not gonna take anything away from Forrest, he did incredibly well to beat Shogun and I'll sing that all day long. Forrest IS top ten now, he over achieved and should be rewarded for that. But Keith Jardine holds a recent win over him, so why does Forrest get the shot ahead of Jardine? Keith should be higher up the pecking order based on that.

I say no one deserves a shot currently, because it's all messed up. Jardine has beaten Forrest recently and Alexander has beaten Jardine recently. Machida is undefeated, but hasn't fought any top ten competition (yet,) and Chuck, Henderson and Shogun have all lost their last fights and Tito drew his with a dismal performance. If anyone is closest to a title shot it's probably Houston Alexander, he's undefeated in the UFC and holds a recent victory over a top ten fighter (Jardine.) But Alexander has a match this weekend against Thiago (also undefeated) Silva. Maybe if he wins that then he can get the shot? But I doubt that will happen because Bisping vs Rashad (also a 205 match up) is the main event and neither of those fighters deserve a shot after their last respective performances!

So an 'unofficial mini tournament' seems the only solution to me. I say "unofficial" because the NCAA doesn't allow for tournaments in the UFC, so have two semi final bouts on one card and never refer to them as tournament matches. But the winners will secretly and eventually face eachother for a shot.

As for your Bisping comment, I'm not gonna argue there!
stock
11/15/07 10:19:55AM
I would pick Jardine if I didn't want to wait too long.
I'd be fine with Forrest too, but just feels odd considering he got knocked stiff by Jardine who btw just beat up on Liddell.

However, I would really like the winner of the Machida/Soko fight to get a title shot.
atlas777
11/15/07 11:50:24AM
If somehow Bisping beats Evans and gets a title shot he is going to get stomped by Rampage Bisping hasnt really fought a level competiton and if he beats Evans hes going to have to face a whole new beast in Rampage i fear for Bispings career and his life if he wins.
Mayhem13
11/15/07 11:59:56AM
I say depending on thier next fights its a toss up between

Bisping
Forrest
Evans
Machida

but I dont know which one.....its really a toss up
xchickox
11/15/07 12:09:24PM
griffin after he beat shogun
State_Champ
11/15/07 12:26:36PM
i think Griffin deserves a shot. He's been fighting for a while, he has a winning record and he just beat Shogun who was supposed to come in and turn the 205 lbs division upside down. Maybe Griffin needs one more win then a shot but i definitely think he's right up there for deserving a chance at the title.

Alexander doesn't need a shot yet but a couple more wins and i'd definitely say he deserves one too (especially if they are as decisive as his last couple.)
stock
11/15/07 2:54:57PM

Posted by atlas777

If somehow Bisping beats Evans and gets a title shot he is going to get stomped by Rampage Bisping hasnt really fought a level competiton and if he beats Evans hes going to have to face a whole new beast in Rampage i fear for Bispings career and his life if he wins.

lol...
Agree. Bisping would get stomped by Rampage.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rashad will be no pushover.
buckndro
11/15/07 8:46:56PM
yea i would have to say houston if an when he wins at the next ppv faces
but houston vs winner of bis an rashad, then have forrest vs jardine both just came off big wins an forrest could get his revenge, as for rest tito, machida,rua an rest all have to get another 2 wins maybe before they get shot..
stickyhash421
11/15/07 9:11:36PM
heres some choices

...if wandy wins against chuck he should get a shot (unless tito ortiz wants to press his luck against wandy again)

...if shogun makes a good comeback then he should (or that and a rematch with griffin)

...if machida beats sokodjou then he definatly gets to be in front of the line, if sokodjou wins i still think he needs one more fight but maybe not.

...i dont think griffin or jardine or bisping or evans should get a shot until they get one or two more wins...however bisping should never get a title shot until he fights hamill again, forget home turf that was outragous

...i really want another rampage hendo fight, i think rampage has gotten better from his pride days and ive seen rampage in pride but just looks so much better in the cage and this matchup could easily be a best of 5 matchup as could the shogun matchup, i think wandy just has him number tho, like he has chuck's.

...if houston beats thiago he should be at #1 #2 or #3 at least, thiago has less to gain except if he ktfo outta houston then hes considered a great in the LH division.

.......no more title shots for tito fortunatly

...vera could drop down and do good but i doubt it would happen

...anderson silva would dismantle rampage if he moved up however
Scott_Revels
11/15/07 9:18:20PM
"Type 10 for David Heath"

Okay then, 10.. Doubt anyone will pick him, so i'm going to be nice and give this guy some justice.. Oh, and I just felt like being different.. Seen like thirty seven threads like this one since the Henderson fight, and each one is the same thing, and the same people..
Boo_Radley21
11/16/07 9:56:14AM
I'd say Griffin and Jardine are the only ones who deserve a shot right now. Chuck and Silva are both on 2 fight losing streaks, Machida hasn't faced enought top competition in the UFC, Sokoudjou is just making his debut, Bisping and Evans still have quite a way to go IMO, and Alexander needs one or 2 more fights against some top guys to prove himself.
Franklinfan47
11/16/07 10:52:32AM
I went with Jardine. He seemed like the most deserving to me. He beat Liddell, Griffin, and Gouveia, some very tough guys. Hard to say though, Griffin is pretty close behind him after beating shogun.
thepunisher
11/16/07 2:10:23PM
Jardine he beat Chuck and Forrest this year. I don't understand how someone can say Forrest should fight Page he beat Shogun and Hector this year

I say that puts Jardine further up the food chain then Forrest
pv3Hpv3p
11/16/07 3:02:48PM
When is Rampage gonna be good to fight again? Anyone know?

If there's a longer layoff I'd say that:

Winner of:
Silva / Liddell

fight winner of:
Machida / Soko

Winner of that fight, to fight Rampage

Keith and Forrest should fight again... Both are coming off of impressive wins, but have also had KO losses this year... I think it makes sense for them to have a rematch to clear things up
cmill21
11/16/07 3:17:58PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

When is Rampage gonna be good to fight again? Anyone know?

If there's a longer layoff I'd say that:

Winner of:
Silva / Liddell

fight winner of:
Machida / Soko

Winner of that fight, to fight Rampage

Keith and Forrest should fight again... Both are coming off of impressive wins, but have also had KO losses this year... I think it makes sense for them to have a rematch to clear things up

100% agree.
hippysmacker
11/16/07 6:21:39PM
Now that the Machida /Sokoudjou fight is on, I would rather the winner of that fight get a shot before the winner of Bisping/Evans. Of course how impressive the winner of either fight looks is important as well.