Are you down to fight????!!!!...............in the rain

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Are you down to fight????!!!!...............in the rain
BustedKnuckle
11/24/10 7:31:38PM
A crazy fight put on outdoors by KOTC. I cant believe that one of these guys didnt blow out a knee sliding arounf like that!LINKAGE! What does th PG think of this madness??
papercut
11/24/10 8:44:56PM
I'm surprised they didn't put a tarp up the outdoor event I've been to they had a large circus like tent up even though the weather was clear. pretty ridiculous though.
BlueSkiesBurn
11/24/10 8:53:17PM
What f*cking athletic commission let this event continue? This is astonishing. Albeit, hilarious. But, this is VERY dangerous to the fighters.
FlashyG
11/24/10 9:21:46PM
That fight you posted was from 2007, I don't think the athletic commissions count the fights anymore if rain occurs during an outdoor event.

Shark Fights had a main event rained out on them not too long ago. Paul Bradley and Sam Alvey were told they could fight if they wanted but regardless of the outcome the bout would be ruled a no contest. They attempted one round but found it too slippery to fight a fight that wouldn't count anyways.

Here's an interview with Bradley where he tells the Story.
Jackelope
11/25/10 12:53:24PM
Completely stupid IMO. I'd never seen this until now. That's the kind of thing that shows just how truly low class certain MMA fans are and certain MMA promotions are. That's not a professional contest. It's a side show. Hilarious like BSB said, but I'm embarrassed. Sorry to sound elitist or something but what a joke.
BlueSkiesBurn
11/26/10 10:12:02PM

Posted by Jackelope

Completely stupid IMO. I'd never seen this until now. That's the kind of thing that shows just how truly low class certain MMA fans are and certain MMA promotions are. That's not a professional contest. It's a side show. Hilarious like BSB said, but I'm embarrassed. Sorry to sound elitist or something but what a joke.

co-signed.
telnights
11/26/10 10:54:35PM
This is a joke! I wouldn't let any of my guys fight like this.
Kpro
11/27/10 2:48:47PM
Reminds me of a local event here earlier this year in the heat of summer where they had a black mat and started the event midday instead of in the evening.

The first two fighters went out and made it less than 30 seconds of hopping around before the fight was waived. Chunks of skin were hanging off their feet as they were carried out, bandaged, and put in wheelchairs

They ended up tossing hundreds of pounds of ice on the mat and delaying the next fight for about 4 hours until the shade covered it. Sometimes a fight shouldn't happen outdoors.
JimiMak
11/28/10 7:46:43PM
Wow, this is an old event that I've owned for a long time. Or it isn't the first KoTC to be rained on, I think someone said it's from 07 and the one I have would prob'ly be earlier, think I've owned it longer than that... anyways...

I've never heard a lot of complaints about events like this when they happened, I'm surprised to see ppl now saying so much so harshly about it. I know it isn't ideal but it's like being outdoors in Abu Dhabi could get too hot or whatever. There are certain dangers that come w/ having an outdoor event but I don't think it's that big of a deal or that we shouldn't have them because they might not be ideal circumstances.