Fight Order of the Picks Section.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fight Order of the Picks Section.
Cooler
12/18/11 6:31:53PM
I noticed when I looked at the picks section its always out of order in terms of bout order of the card. As of recently on the playground, the fights have been put in order from main event (top) to first fight (bottom) the day of the event.

I was wondering if the picks could be put in order from the moment they are put in the system?
Twenty20Dollars
12/18/11 6:51:12PM
I believe they are entered in whenever the match ups are announced, not in bout order.

But I can't confirm that.
hippysmacker
12/18/11 6:55:25PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I believe they are entered in whenever the match ups are announced, not in bout order.

Poor_Franklin
12/18/11 7:03:21PM

Posted by hippysmacker

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!
Shawn91111
12/18/11 7:28:51PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by hippysmacker

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

No, just no.
Poor_Franklin
12/18/11 8:50:59PM

Posted by Shawn91111

No, just no.

we'll just agree to disagree
Twenty20Dollars
12/18/11 9:10:28PM
As long as you don't root for Teblow.
pmoney
12/18/11 9:23:11PM
Cowboys 4 Life!
Cooler
12/18/11 10:55:13PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Ok but that doesnt explain why the bouts get put in order the day of the fights here on the playground..
Chael_Sonnen
12/19/11 12:23:20AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by hippysmacker

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

Cowboys ALWAYS find a way to lose in the 4th

Haven't won a playoff game in how many years
pmoney
12/19/11 2:17:12AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by hippysmacker

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

Cowboys ALWAYS find a way to lose in the 4th

Haven't won a playoff game in how many years

Actually I think it was about two yeas ago when they broke the spell and won a playoff game. This year has been rough. Every loss should have been a win, except for the Eagles game...
Twenty20Dollars
12/19/11 2:24:52AM

Posted by Cooler

Ok but that doesnt explain why the bouts get put in order the day of the fights here on the playground..

In what part of the site are they put in bout order?
emfleek
12/19/11 10:39:00AM

Posted by Cooler

It depends, really. Though I've never done it, someone else (one of the other mods) may have rearranged them on the day of an event when they had the extra time. However, that's not something I personally think about doing when I wake up on fight day.
DoTheMMAth
12/19/11 12:09:58PM
With all the injuries, fights being announced and added months out, unpredictable fight card order by Zuffa, etc, everything sort of gets jumbled in. I do try to fix the order near fight day when I can so that the Fight Companion and other pages reflect the semi-finalized order, but perhaps should be maintaining it more early as we go. Even ordering the fights by which ones ya think might be the most important doesn't even get close to the real order Zuffa picks out usually.

Ty for the .02, will try to do better
hippysmacker
12/19/11 6:57:12PM
First off. Thats right. GO COWBOYS! and GO TEBOW for good measure
2nd- The fights are put in the system in the order they are added(reported) .In order to change that (say the week of the fight )we would have to delete all of them and then put them in again. That's-A- wasting time.-B- It would delete all the picks of people who had already made them and force them to do them over, In conclusion- I believe Dallas and Tebow will keep getting better over the next couple years, and I'm certain the fights will stay the way they are. MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND NEW YEARS TO ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
hippysmacker
12/19/11 6:58:01PM

Posted by Cooler

In what part of the site are they put in bout order?

In the ADMIN section you can't see
hippysmacker
12/20/11 9:42:57PM
OK , dreams do come true. You can thank Dothemmath for this Christmas present.He programmed a way to put a new sequence thingy in the ADMIN page. So we will try to put them in order on fight week now.