UFC Fight Night 25 Weigh-In Staredown Pictures - MMAJunkie

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Fight Night 25 Weigh-In Staredown Pictures - MMAJunkie
FastKnockout
9/16/11 10:45:32PM
NEW ORLEANS – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene for today's official "UFC Fight Night 25: Shields vs. Ellenberger" weigh-ins, where all 24 competitors successfully made weight for the UFC's return to Louisiana.

Today's festivities took place at New Orleans' Spanish Plaza. The nearby Ernest N. Morial Convention Center hosts Saturday's Spike TV event.

Check out images of all the fighters, including onetime title challenger Jake Shields and top up-and-comer Jake Ellenberger, whose key welterweight matchup headlines Saturday's Spike TV main card.

The outdoor activities earned a healthy crowd, and the fighters were cheered equally throughout the ceremonies. Clay Harvison most captured the spirit of his surrounding, wearing a festive hat reminiscent of Mardi Gras. He also briefly adorned octagon girl Chandella Powell with a set of beads, but the massive necklace was removed shortly after.

The always-entertaining Cody McKenzie earned a healthy applause as he motioned for the crowd to cheer him on, and Matt Riddle was seen sporting his customary sunglasses on the scale. Riddle also wore a homemade T-shirt onto the stage that read "Free dukes + dollaz."

Overall, there were few heated staredowns, and most fighters seemed comfortable remaining relaxed in the Big Easy.

LINK
MMAcca
9/17/11 9:51:47AM
Excited for this tonight.

I get the feeling this event is being overlooked by many though......
emfleek
9/17/11 11:21:09AM
WAR KOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prophecy033
9/17/11 11:50:10AM

Posted by MMAcca

Not by me, I'm excited for every card, even the ones with Bisping
prophecy033
9/17/11 11:51:21AM
So was it a must to have one fighter with red shorts?
FastKnockout
9/17/11 12:34:04PM

Posted by MMAcca

Same here. I was overlooking at first, but then I realized how hungry most of these guys are to hit the big PPV cards. Hope they bring it tonight.
BuffaloDave
9/17/11 2:19:20PM
Belcher's Cash tat looks like Sloth from The Goonies when he flexes,

FastKnockout
9/17/11 2:30:53PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

How many times you think Rogan will mention the tat? I'm guessing at least seven.
BuffaloDave
9/17/11 2:43:12PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BuffaloDave

How many times you think Rogan will mention the tat? I'm guessing at least seventy .

There fixed it!! You know Joe has to constantly repeat himself, just so he'll remember what he was talking about.